Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Keyless entry?

doncamino

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I recently purchased a 2006 BSP x-runner....

just wondering.... when i got it from the dealer... the sales people told me i did not have keyless entry. (no remote)

was this a stock feature in 2006?

also what is the deal with the pain on the front lip cracking ? truck has 22k it came from florida.

I am in VA.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
As far as i know that is standard equipment on all 05+ tacomas... i would check with the parts department and have them make sure its ava. with your vin # and order and new remote and have them program it for you :top:

Alexrunner

Reaction score
where in va do you live, and yes i think you should have that remote

Bobby B

Reaction score
Your getting hosed by the dealer tell them that's BS and you want a remote!
:motz:

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
mine came with a remote ... the dealer tried to sell me the kill switch ... saying that it if i don't have the kill switch i don't have a remote ... but he slipped earlier in the convo saying all tacomas come with a remote to open the doors ... so i got him on his lie

jcool2040

Reaction score
mine came with one i have a bsp 06 im sure it was a stock on the x-runners.

lucke

Reaction score
yes ALL 05+ tacos come with keyless entry... the alarm system, however, is the dealer option.

XDsm

Reaction score
They come stock from the factory with keyless entry. Go to Toyota's website, print up the page of features that shows keyless entry, demand your remote. That dealer is being shady.

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
yes ALL 05+ tacos come with keyless entry... the alarm system, however, is the dealer option.

The A-hole salesman I had tried to get me with this foolery. He brought me my keys and said "Here, it comes with an alarm too" so I ask "Alarm? I'm pretty sure that's just keyless entry". He's like "Nah, I'm pretty sure that's an alarm"...

Well luckily I didnt believe him cuz obviously it wasn't but I didn't care cuz I was planning on getting the Python anyway. I wonder if they teach you in car sales training that the customer is automatically stupid?

To the point of this thread though, my keyless entry came with mine too...

doncamino

Reaction score
those clown punchers...... they said it was not included on my 06 BSP (bought used) they ended up giving me three keys....

I mean i do have auto locks just no remote.

doncamino

Reaction score
As far as i know that is standard equipment on all 05+ tacomas... i would check with the parts department and have them make sure its ava. with your vin # and order and new remote and have them program it for you :top:

So call them up give them my VIN and say.. .HEy you there with the parts computer.... is there a remote available with my vin?

Stevenredx

Reaction score
So call them up give them my VIN and say.. .HEy you there with the parts computer.... is there a remote available with my vin?

Actually i think i would call the salesman up and tell him that keyless entry is "standard equipment" on the X-Runner model. Tell him if you doesn't believe you to look at the toyota website and then explain how they should order you a remote at no cost to you :top: I'd say if he doenst wish to do that i would ask for his manager... if worst come to worst they will order it at no cost just to shut you up :top:

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Actually i think i would call the salesman up and tell him that keyless entry is "standard equipment" on the X-Runner model. Tell him if you doesn't believe you to look at the toyota website and then explain how they should order you a remote at no cost to you :top: I'd say if he doenst wish to do that i would ask for his manager... if worst come to worst they will order it at no cost just to shut you up :top:

Tru dat... That's how I got my TRD Shortshifter 4 da FREE :biggrin:

doncamino

Reaction score

im calling those guys

thanks fellas

2006nightrider

Reaction score
im calling those guys

thanks fellas

where in VA are you located, we sold a 2006 used black one a few days ago; are you the one who bought it? i passed the truck the other night when i was going to the bar in downtown Fredericksburg. i believe Cole was the salesman who sold the truck last week. the customer brought the truck back yesterday regarding issues with the front tire or something?

2006nightrider

Reaction score
another thing too...the front lip of the bumper is not cracked; its 2 different pieces clipped together...every XR has that same line going right down the middle.

And if the dealer told you it didnt have remotes with it, it means that whoever had the truck before (1st owner) never gave them to the dealer on trade in; so they would not have them to give to you. That doesnt mean that the truck NEVER had remotes; because at one point it did, like everyone else said, its a standard feature. The only time a dealer is obligated to pay for remotes is when they are selling a TCUV (Toyota Certified Used Vehicle). That is the only time a customer would be entitled to receiving them; if the truck was not purchased at a Certified vehicle; your S.O.L...if the truck was purchased as a TCUV; while your at the dealership, you should of received a piece of paper showing you what they owe to you ("we owe"); and if it was certified and you didnt have remotes, then those would be listed on that sheet of paper. If not, I have a few spare remotes here at my job, I would be willing to give you one, but you would have to pay for the programming....let me know!

Last edited:

XPC_XR

Reaction score
another thing too...the front lip of the bumper is not cracked; its 2 different pieces clipped together...every XR has that same line going right down the middle.

And if the dealer told you it didnt have remotes with it, it means that whoever had the truck before (1st owner) never gave them to the dealer on trade in; so they would not have them to give to you. That doesnt mean that the truck NEVER had remotes; because at one point it did, like everyone else said, its a standard feature. The only time a dealer is obligated to pay for remotes is when they are selling a TCUV (Toyota Certified Used Vehicle). That is the only time a customer would be entitled to receiving them; if the truck was not purchased at a Certified vehicle; your S.O.L...if the truck was purchased as a TCUV; while your at the dealership, you should of received a piece of paper showing you what they owe to you ("we owe"); and if it was certified and you didnt have remotes, then those would be listed on that sheet of paper. If not, I have a few spare remotes here at my job, I would be willing to give you one, but you would have to pay for the programming....let me know!

I believe you can program them yourself for free. Its some wierd combo of things you do like opening the door and turning the key.

Id bet if they dealer cared about the customer they could atleast give him a deal or a free remote. Its only a stinkin remote, not something like a tire or something that costs a deal more.

doncamino

Reaction score
where in VA are you located, we sold a 2006 used black one a few days ago; are you the one who bought it? i passed the truck the other night when i was going to the bar in downtown Fredericksburg. i believe Cole was the salesman who sold the truck last week. the customer brought the truck back yesterday regarding issues with the front tire or something?

HEy, yeah well actually a bunch of ppl ended up selling me the truck, originally i worked with this guy Tony, good guy. but some sales manager ended up taking control of the sale.

Well I brought back the vehicle on the 7th (purchased on the 1st) to settle a "we owe" for the allignment.

I just called the parts department , gave them the VIN and they said that on the "dealer daily" the VIN showed that it had immobilizer, and when he clicked on the keyless entry he said that the option shows "available" as an add on (add on on something that is standard?)

this sounds weird... I dont think the guy was lying to me in any way... but how does a vehicle come with a missing "standard" feature.

He told me I could come and get it installed and get it programmed. I am a bit confused now.

Top Bottom