Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lost my job!

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
I've been unemployeed for two days now and it sucks. I worked at Lowes for 5.5years and busted my ass for them ,and when I make a mistake its, "I'm sorry but we're going to have to let you go". The reason was because of a few minor power equipment safety infractions.. Basically because the guy who was spotting me wasn't where he was supposed to be . Now I need a new job and hopefully I find one ; this whole collecting unemployment thing really isn't for me and I havent even seen my first check. I don't want things don't get so bad that I have to sell my truck ! :thumpdown:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Keep your head up, and think of this as an opportunity to find an even better job. :top:

burnboy

Reaction score
There has to be a home depot across the street, lol.

Murderface

Reaction score
I feel ur pain bro. I've been to countless interviews and they always fill me with false hope. I just wish people could be up front and honest with me if they don't think I'm a good fit for the company then say so! Don't tell me they think I would fit in great and then never call me back or when I call back keep telling me they haven't decided. It's a shame this country revolves around lies, just be honest and quit beating around the bush!! I had an interview this last Monday and the owner said it looks like I'd fit in great and he'll get back to me as I was the first interview since placing the add. I sent him an email thanking him for the opportunity to come in and talk to him and he never replied:thumpdown: yesterday he called and left a message for me to call him back so I did about 1/2 hour later and I'm still waiting for him to call back. I really need a job to at least pay off my student loans every month, my wife can handle the rest of the bills on her own.

Wish me luck and I will do the same:top:

Murderface

Reaction score
Well I've got great news!!! I just got off the phone with the company I just had an interview with and I got a job:rock: I'm so friggin excited to finally have a job, u have no idea how tuff it's been since having no job since October. My wife and I have been fighting constantly which has worn us both down.

Keep ur head up, if I can get a job after leaving my past job on terrible terms, u can surely find a job yourself.

livinginsa

Reaction score
Keep your head up, and think of this as an opportunity to find an even better job. :top:

I couldn't have said it any better. They say that when one loses a job, they find a better job.

X-roller

Reaction score
hey man don't sweat it. When crap hits the fan. God just has a better door waiting for you to open it. I currently unemployed as well. I have been since September and I got a temp job for about a month last month but that was just temp.... i'm struggling so hard to keep everything afloat but my girl has helped me out a ton..... Everything will be fine and be lucky you still have an income coming in even if it's not much.

yayxrunner707

Reaction score
I've been unemployeed for two days now and it sucks. I worked at Lowes for 5.5years and busted my ass for them ,and when I make a mistake its, "I'm sorry but we're going to have to let you go". The reason was because of a few minor power equipment safety infractions.. Basically because the guy who was spotting me wasn't where he was supposed to be . Now I need a new job and hopefully I find one ; this whole collecting unemployment thing really isn't for me and I havent even seen my first check. I don't want things don't get so bad that I have to sell my truck ! :thumpdown:

sorry to hear that bro. i was unemployed for a min too. but i would recoment you hitting up temp agencys theyll get u to work somewhere fast. it dont matter if ur experienced or not. but if you have a forklifting lisence theres lots of wharehouse work you can get. keep your head up. at the same time put in applications.

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
Thanks guys ! Yeah this whole being unemployed thing sucks! I've almost got the X paid for too I have at maybe a year left of payments . See I'm sick of the same monotony so going back to a retail hell I'm thinking isnt the answer. I'm going to start looking into going back to school and learn a trade or something. The two paths I'm looking into are diesel and body paint and collision repair ....The diesel path I can go to Palm Beach State College for and the other I'd have to find a school ! I can't go back to where I was before even though that bridge hasn't been burned !

Murderface

Reaction score
Diesel is what I went back to school for back in 2007 after being tired of working on cars all the time. It's so much easier and if u have a mechanical background it will make the transition that much easier. There's tons of diesel jobs out there also so finding a job right outta scoop shouldn't be difficult. Do u have any welding experience? I do and that's the one thing that helps when looking for a job, not many mechanics know how to weld that good. My last job everyone always asked me to do all the welding because I was the best at it. Unemployment may even pay for ur school, that will help a ton, I'm still paying my loans off.

Good luck and keep us posted

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
No welding experience but I have the ambition to learn how and the same school that I was talking about offers that too...

ntinhri

Reaction score
Im sorry to hear this bud.. Ive been on the other side of the table and its not fun for your manager either.. Ive had to let some of the best folks go for a split second bad decision.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I sent him an email thanking him for the opportunity to come in and talk to him and he never replied:thumpdown: yesterday he called and left a message for me to call him back so I did about 1/2 hour later and I'm still waiting for him to call back.

Off topic --- John, congrats on the job! I know you've been looking for a while. Was gonna say about this ^^ that maybe he is just really busy so don't give up hope. This goes to all you other guys too. Following up after an interview is a great idea --- but just once. Don't badger the employer but let them know that you're really interested. As someone that has done a decent amount of interviewing here recently (and will be again in the next few weeks), these are a couple things that I like/dislike when looking for new team members.

Good luck on the job hunt homie!

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
Sorry about the job at Lowe's. My wife was self employed for 3 years and got a job at Lowe's, she has a hard time adjusting with the way they do things. She almost quit last week. I retired 1 1/2 year ago from construction trade and going nuts beeing Mr Mom. Can't go back to it but might go driving tractor trailer part time. Keep a positive outlook

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
Im sorry to hear this bud.. Ive been on the other side of the table and its not fun for your manager either.. Ive had to let some of the best folks go for a split second bad decision.
Apparently I'm rehireable ,but I don't want to go back. I mean don't get me wrong the job was easy and I was good at it ,but I feel it would be a step in the wrong direction. Not to mention I would have to start from the begining as a seasonal associate . The endless monotony of Lowes was boring to me . I mean I was shocked that I was terminated and only upset that I may not be able to pay my bills , but honestly I wasn't that upset about it . In a sick twisted way I was kind of happy it happened . It only sucks that I have to start all over , but if I have to start all over it should be towards a new begining!

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
They lost over 20 key people already since Jan 25. She find a lot of negative vibes. It's a nice store(new) but the way they do things drive my wife crazy. She lost a 5000.00 sales because of the cr*p they do.

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
Sorry to hear you lost your job bro. My wife just recently lost hers, but it was fine because she was coming up on her due date.

I would say if you lived closer to gainesville then I could have you a job tomorrow at home depot (friends). What all kinds of jobs have you considered applying for, just wondering.

07SWB

Reaction score
keep your head up man!

Ive been on unpaid medical leave since the end of february and it SUCKS! Not to mention, my fiance has had a hell of a time finding a job that pays enough and gives enough hours to make the drive worth it.

Im basically all healed up now and my fiance just got a job with Bayer as a merchandiser at Lowe's and Home Depot... Shes hoping that this will give her the experiance she needs to get into an outside sales rep job. In the mean time, as much as i enjoy working for Toyota, im going to be searching for something else as well. Theres a lot of jobs out there, you just gotta look. Honestly, hit up Craigslist... A lot of businesses use it to bring in people. Obviously some are scams. Just gotta use common sense when it comes to giving your info.

Clewis333

Reaction score
Well i guess there's one good thing about the military... They can't just fire me if i do something wrong! :biggrin: (Not that you did anything wrong)

Top Bottom