Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LS retro's

bradnuts

Reaction score
i just installed the "ebay" version of the luminous solutions projectors. of course, a real retro will be better than this, but these are still much, much better than a pnp kit, and way better then stock halogens.

maddawg808

Reaction score
you have real LS430 projectors from a Lexus according to your mod list.

you guys are talking about two different ls kits. One is OEM and well.... the other isn't.

I bought them used... I was told they were LS430 projectors... but upon examining my purchase I did not find any movable shroud (I should also state I am no mechanic, I am not ASE certified or anything like that) but I did not know how to set up my high beams. I was told from a friend that on projectors that there is shroud that cut off the light for low beams, and when you hit the high beams, the shroud is lifted and the on obstructed light creates the high beam. I dont know if what I bought was a legit kit or not, maybe you could help me find that out?

Good catch, however maddawg808 confused the OP, and me for that matter. Maddawg808 has an Lexus LS430 projector retrofit, the OP was asking about Luminous Solutions projector retrofit kit and thought that was what he was getting feedback for. BSP06XRU and I have the Luminous Solutions kit and were just trying to make sure the OP wasn't being fed mis-information. :top:

Sorry for the confusion guys, I was just trying to help... I should troll more and stop posting use-less info

Last edited:

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion guys, I was just trying to help... I should troll more and stop posting use-less info

No worries bud. Everyone's on the same page now. If anything you should be more active. All input is welcome :top:

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
I bought them used... I was told they were LS430 projectors... but upon examining my purchase I did not find any movable shroud (I should also state I am no mechanic, I am not ASE certified or anything like that) but I did not know how to set up my high beams. I was told from a friend that on projectors that there is shroud that cut off the light for low beams, and when you hit the high beams, the shroud is lifted and the on obstructed light creates the high beam. I dont know if what I bought was a legit kit or not, maybe you could help me find that out?

There's a shield in the projector which causes the defined cut off. When the high beam is turn on, the solenoid pulls the shield down causing it to be full high beam. There's a lot more wiring to be done for the Hi/Low beam, but the outcome is WAAAAAYYYYY better than stock lighting and other kits I've seen. Take your time doing them though cause you don't want to see any imperfections on/in it when the headlight is back together.

As for it being legit, post pics and someone could help you with that.

maddawg808

Reaction score
Will start a new thread after I get my DTLTs in... I really dont use my high beams. Thread got off track cuz of me sorry guys

unikueXR808

Reaction score
i just installed the "ebay" version of the luminous solutions projectors. of course, a real retro will be better than this, but these are still much, much better than a pnp kit, and way better then stock halogens.

hey bro when u going be at ala's?? i like see the ebay version if can

bradnuts

Reaction score
hey bro when u going be at ala's?? i like see the ebay version if can
oh, haha.. havent seen you at alas for a couple weeks. umm..i'll probably be there this Saturday. what time you gonna be there? i can always come down whenever you are gonna be there, and meet you so you can check out the lights.

Top Bottom