Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

M.S. Really bummed

KETCHUP

Reaction score
Clinton - I'm really sorry to hear this man. I know we're just "a bunch of a guys on a silly forum" - but if you need anything, you know where to come. We're your extended family and are here to help, even with just words of encouragement, during times like this. It's not really about the trucks man --- the trucks just bring us together.

Please keep us informed man.

well stated Klint! Dude, if you need anything let us know. Its normal to reach out. I know it helped me many times in the past. Just to hear a few kind words can ease the mind a little each day. My prayers to you guys. Keep us posted. Thru this all, stick together and keep your heads up. Things will work out brotha!

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
wow clinton.... i cannot imagine how it would be if my girlfriend and i were in the same situation. i admire you both for staying strong because so many people let conditions and diseases define them and base their lives around what is wrong. but you and your fiance are not people like that. so applause to you and yours along with my hand extended to you any time you need somewhere to vent or someone to talk to. i know you dont know me but this has touched my heart and i would like to extend that to you.

my phone number is 580-919-6955. im on the west coast so i believe we are in the same time zone but call any time you need some moral support.

good luck and remember "your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own unguarded thoughts." - The Buddah

keep hapy thoughts in your mind and try not to let it overwhelm you brother!

-Chris

Helimx

"Dutch Rudder Master"
Reaction score
thanks fellas..... appreciate it a lot....
and ya, this IS an extended family for me... I've met a few ppl from xru in person, and it's amazing at how easy it is to "know" a stranger....
she is still having to do a bunch of tests, but we should have a definite answer by mid may..... most of the "lab tests" have to be sent out of state.....

we both realize that life isn't about the destination, it's about the journey. a little road bump will not stop us. we are to busy enjoying the view.

TRD-X

Reaction score
Any updates? You guys ok Bro?:dontknow:

Vince77

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I hope the docs figure out what the hell it is and get it treated.

gregincali

Reaction score
You got it Brother. Life is a journey not a destination
Our prays to you and your Fiance.
Greg & Elaine

Helimx

"Dutch Rudder Master"
Reaction score
we won't have the final diagnosis until mid may.... she went back to work day b4 yesterday, but is only working a few hours a day.... she's been doing steroid infusions, which the doctor says will make her all amped.... well.... not the case... she fell asleep while she was getting it done a few days ago.....

she's just been really tired, and feeling kinda "ick"... but, she says that every day is a little better...

I'm out in the field until june 20th, so I can't really judge if she's telling me the whole truth about how she feels.... she's one of those "supermom" types... nothing really phases her... she's tough as nails... but I think this whole deal has kinda scared her a bit, and I think she would tell me if she wasn't feeling ok...
I'm sure once we know for sure that we'll just have to adjust our life a little.... it sux, but it could be much worse....
thanks for all the kind words.....

Dallas

Reaction score
I have 2 friends with wives that have MS, I hope that it dosen't come back positive. MS is progressive & can take a heavy toll on your life, i'm not gonna sugar coat it. While treatment has improved, Staying optimistic is key,& and with all the genetic research being done, there is a good chance the treatment will improve in the next few years. My thoughts and prayers for your family.

Knight Runner

Reaction score
Hope she is ok now and gets better. Scary moments like that I wish on no one.

Murderface

Reaction score
My sister went thru the same things about 7 hrs ago and was diagnosed with MS. She has a different type so she won't end up in a wheel chair or anything but she shakes really bad, has horrible headaches and has some insane pain thru out her body. She has since gotten her license back and has had only the one siezure.

They have her taking drugs(painkillers which she has winced stopped taking). Seems that Marijauna really helps her out, good thing Jersey just pasted a medical Marinauna law and she should be legally getting it some time late this year. It's a shame that Marijauna gets such a bad wrap, it really helps with a lot of sick people with various illnesses.

Helimx

"Dutch Rudder Master"
Reaction score
My sister went thru the same things about 7 hrs ago and was diagnosed with MS. She has a different type so she won't end up in a wheel chair or anything but she shakes really bad, has horrible headaches and has some insane pain thru out her body. She has since gotten her license back and has had only the one siezure.

They have her taking drugs(painkillers which she has winced stopped taking). Seems that Marijauna really helps her out, good thing Jersey just pasted a medical Marinauna law and she should be legally getting it some time late this year. It's a shame that Marijauna gets such a bad wrap, it really helps with a lot of sick people with various illnesses.

ya christ, sound like exactly what my girl has... one seizure, bad headaches, fatique, and aches and pains real bad.... and I don't look down on the green. I'd smoke it if I didn't have to pee in the cup all the time... lol
she doesn't have to pee in cups......:top: MTF, FTW..... lol

edit.... actually, I don't think I would smoke if I could, cuz the last time, a few years ago, wasn't my idea of fun...lol.... but, I do support medical mj for sure....

hey murderface, lol, how old was your sister if you don't mind me askin? it seems to affect younger women a lot more.... just curious. thanks.

Last edited:

Helimx

"Dutch Rudder Master"
Reaction score
yup, it's official, she was diagnosed with MS this last week....
they've prescribed her about 6 or 7 different drugs.....
she has to give herself injections twice a day, and I am going to be trained to give them to her as well...
Her neurologist says that he thinks she has "progressive" MS. which means that after each exascerbation it will get worse.... but it's really to early to know for sure...
She is back to work, but is feeling like crap. unfortunately, her job has insurance, mine doesn't.
If it gets to the point that she can't work, I'll probably have to find another job, one with insurance. her meds alone would cost over 4 grand a month without insurance!!
we're trying to stay positive still, and are getting excited about the wedding. just thought I'd give an update, I've gotten a few PMs here, and a few on Facebook, I really appreciate it fellas.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Wish you the best brother. Keep your heads up.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
sorry to hear a bout this clinton...

my sister and my good friend Tim are both diagnosed with MS...while my sister was able to catch it in the early stages, it has not progressed for her in years...

my friend Tim was diagnosed with MS his sophomore year of college...he went through all the shots, steroids, the works...the best thing that helped him get through his MS is working out and eating better...he used to get episodes 1 or 2 a month...but he has been able to subside the episodes to 1 every few months now...

its sad and hard on the family...but its no the end of the world...there are tons of info and research being done for people with MS...lots of support...

your girl and your family will be in my prayers bro...if you need anything at all you know how to get a hold of me...:top:

nine9six

Reaction score
Sorry to hear the sad news. I'll keep you and your future wife in my prayers. If there is anything I can do from Florida, LMK! :smile:

qponde51

Reaction score
My thoughts and prayers are surely with you my friend.Its good your staying strong and keeping your head up in this situation! Its the best you can do.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear the official news, but glad that the two of you are taking it in stride.
Our prayers are with you Clinton! :top:

Top Bottom