Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

May be supercharged soon...

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
he said its really all up to the dealer if they want to install and warranty it

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
The easiest route to upgrade the fuel pump is to get the 255 lph kit from URD. It will handle all future mods thoroughly. All intakes work if they are for your truck. Some a little better than others. Toyota says only the stock one because it retains the carbon filter and keeps the truck 50 state legal. Mainly needed for Cali. TRD, Afe, Injen, volant, K&N all work.

The reason you need he fuel pump, is to prevent high rpm lean out, due to the fact that the OEM pump is insufficient for that much power. Barely handles stock pulley power levels. Better safe than sorry, right?

Slay0r

Reaction score
b-check tacomaworld, i know they have a K&N and AFE system f/s there

STONER-X

Reaction score
i had the stock box when i got my s/c installed by the dealer...... once i put on a CAI it was a HUGE improvement.... i did the CAI then i got the pink pulley easiest best addition to the s/c... as said the 255 lph pump should be always kept in mind..... it will be my next mod...

i found a S/c kit on ebay from another toyo dealer in Dallas.... i went to my local dealer and said i found the full kit for 3800 (free shipping) (4500 from dealer) and the sales manager came out and said he would sell it to me for 3600.... Soooooo i laid down the plastic and bought it....

if there are a few dealers in your area go to one and get the best price from them,, then go to another and lay down that price from them and see if they will beet it..... at the end of the day they want your money so some of them will work with you......

from what i understand is if toyo installs the TRD s/c it will be under your trucks warranty... if you install it then the s/c will have only 12k warranty and it will not void the trucks current warranty if installed properly...

i had mine put on around 7000 miles and i now have 51k..... my truck has not has a single problem so far..... never been back to the dealership.... my truck has only been to the dealership twice... once was for the first oil change and they paid for that.... and the other was when i had the S/c installed :)

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
i had the stock box when i got my s/c installed by the dealer...... once i put on a CAI it was a HUGE improvement.... i did the CAI then i got the pink pulley easiest best addition to the s/c... as said the 255 lph pump should be always kept in mind..... it will be my next mod...

i found a S/c kit on ebay from another toyo dealer in Dallas.... i went to my local dealer and said i found the full kit for 3800 (free shipping) (4500 from dealer) and the sales manager came out and said he would sell it to me for 3600.... Soooooo i laid down the plastic and bought it....

if there are a few dealers in your area go to one and get the best price from them,, then go to another and lay down that price from them and see if they will beet it..... at the end of the day they want your money so some of them will work with you......

from what i understand is if toyo installs the TRD s/c it will be under your trucks warranty... if you install it then the s/c will have only 12k warranty and it will not void the trucks current warranty if installed properly...

i had mine put on around 7000 miles and i now have 51k..... my truck has not has a single problem so far..... never been back to the dealership.... my truck has only been to the dealership twice... once was for the first oil change and they paid for that.... and the other was when i had the S/c installed :)
im gonna try that....if i can get it cheaper from the dealership im going for it lol. ive seen on videos that on s/c x's when they are driving they can go faster in each gear and further to redline....will the dealer reflash do this also or is that only with the x-1?

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
man this sucks now im starting to second guess myself about getting boosted. i have no idea y!!!! i really want it but at the same time im asking myself why.

Coupe

Reaction score
You need to take a ride in a boosted X.

Then you would be asking when? Not why?

Murderface

Reaction score
What does it say in ur sig? Speed is in my blood? And ur now second guessing getting a blower? NA XRunners are slow as ballz man, u need to be boosted with all the bells and whistles:top:

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
You need to take a ride in a boosted X.

Then you would be asking when? Not why?
lol good point...so slayor and redhott i gotta ride in a boosted x so we gotta meet up lol

What does it say in ur sig? Speed is in my blood? And ur now second guessing getting a blower? NA XRunners are slow as ballz man, u need to be boosted with all the bells and whistles:top:
this is true...im still wanting to get it i guess part of me is doubting the buy.....and the wife is talking about a vacation but we just came back from jamaica this past june so i dunno. lol

Last edited:

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Ok so I called three dealerships for s/c prices and see if they price match... The one in Houma said no matching and i told him about the deal online. He said if I wanna trust a scam online then go ahead so I just hung up. The one in Morgan city said $8,400 installed. I said dude u messed up somewhere check it again and he did. The same price came up and they don't price match so I said nevermind I'll go somewhere else. The dealer in harvey gave me the msrp and I told him I knew about those prices already. I said I found the kit at a better price online and he stumbled a Lil bit then said "ok well print out that paperwork with the prices and bring them to me and I'll give it to u for their price...I'd rather sell it at cost then lose a sale" I then said cool as soon as I get the money I'll come buy it from you.

toyota_rod

Reaction score
ha! morgan city dealership sucks dude..i brought my truck their while it was squealing its ass off and i told them to check the bearing and fork and the trans house shaft while they're at it...3 days later i get the truck back still squealing and they say "we didnt find anything wrong, take it to the dealership in new iberia for a 2nd opinion"...they are the worst yota dealership around..nice people though..just lazy

zzchipster

Reaction score
at lunch ordered sc at local stealership and they got close to online price. trd sc out the door for 4591...i'm getting blown wednesday...about 4091 plus 500 install...yeaaaa

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
man this sucks now im starting to second guess myself about getting boosted. i have no idea y!!!! i really want it but at the same time im asking myself why.
Don't 2nd guess yourself bro just do it! You can always give me boost if you still have doubts!:laugh: lol

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
at lunch ordered sc at local stealership and they got close to online price. trd sc out the door for 4591...i'm getting blown wednesday...about 4091 plus 500 install...yeaaaa
u lucky f'er lol. the dealership by me is gonna charge only $375 for the install. I heard somewhere that toyota can ONLY charge you for 6 hours labor on a trd s/c install so make sure that you tell them that you know that so they dont screw you into paying $500....unless dealers labor prices are different in different areas

Don't 2nd guess yourself bro just do it! You can always give me boost if you still have doubts!:laugh: lol
lol yeah i think if everything goes right then i am gonna get it. all the info and :top:peer pressure:biggrin: on here is making me say the hell with not getting it lol

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
Wow 4K for the blower and fit kit! Toyota of Dallas sells them for a few hundred cheaper with free shipping.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Ok well now that i know there are cheaper prices than trdsparks.com i wanna find em lol. where does everyone get theres from and who installed it?

zzchipster

Reaction score
3780 plus tax 311 plus 500 install..4591 out the door...i wanted to trade local if possible so the 80 more than dallas price was ok...

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
through TRDSparks.com the s/c, fit kit and drive belt would be $3815.12 and Fedex ground shipping would be $76.84 to my zip. It doesnt say anything about tax so im guessing the taxes are included in their prices. Maybe i can get the dealer to sell me everything including tax to equal the site's price.

3780 plus tax 311 plus 500 install..4591 out the door...i wanted to trade local if possible so the 80 more than dallas price was ok...
i think you have to pay for the TRD reflash also. and do you know for sure that you dont have the smart stop accelerator pedal recall reflash? others are saying that if you have that TSB reflash done then the TRD s/c reflash will not work. And ive gotten some info that if you get the TRD s/c and TRD reflash and decide down the road to part out and sell the blower or transfer it to another compatible vehicle then you can you just have to leave the 425cc injectors on the reflash-ed vehicle and get another set for the new one. or if someone else buys it then you still leave the 425cc injectors on yours and they have to get a set for theirs plus get the reflash unless they have an x-1 or mapecu2.

Last edited:

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
do you have to pay the tax if you don't live in texas? im gonna use this site against my dealer :top:

Top Bottom