Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Military Thread

how many are or were in the military ?

• yes i am

Votes: 89 38.2%
  • got out

Votes: 28 12.0%
  • retired

Votes: 9 3.9%
  • not in military

Votes: 107 45.9%

• Total voters

quickshift93

Reaction score
US Army, active, stationed at WBAMC @ Fort Bliss, TX. Currently serving a 15 month prision sentence at Baghdad Iraq.......:biggrin:
68WP1 (medic/ Orthopaedic Technician), SSG (hopefully make this next SFC (E-7) list)). Been in for 12 years....probably going to stay 20.

i feel you on the 15 month deal...did it 11B all the way..kill em all! 1-23 INF punish the deserving!!!!!!

LIBERTY! is the shiiizzznet! for all you that are there! F***k th3 chow hall guardz.lol... if you know wut i mean before they were 3rd world country guards...and for all that have did the dam thing i.e. USMC ARMY A.F. NAVY. PROPZ!
if anyone knowz someone that can hook if up with civilian contract. i.e. blackwater,dynacorp,kbr hook me up! got a u.s. contract but nothinz like tax free money! let me know!

x runner'z are like military we all run together!!!!!

fate

Last edited:

DOGO X

Reaction score
Wow i thought they closed buchanan down. I was stationed there for 2 years back in 2000. I miss that place.

Still up and running! :top:

I remember I talked to you before. Hows AMEDD treating you? I know you gots a chilling as job.

Side note, I'm a noob for USAR, been in for 7 months, I have "education" orders. So far i love it, no training yet, and getting paid. (O-1 with special reserve pay) Going to OBLC this summer at Fort Same Houston, TX for 45days, should be fun.

I'm doing my 4 years in Med School, then trying to do my Post-grad training in the Army and then serve my time, 4 years. I'll see how it goes after my time then see if ill be my 20 or 30, all depends on if I hate it or love it.

I'm glad you made it here. As you know here is a breeze for me finish the nursing school and now doing Career Counseling to Soldiers. What better life than this! :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bobby B

Reaction score
:laugh: not sure why bobby but that had me laughing out loud for reals
I was't kidding that's a true story I was kind of a wild kid.

Figmonkey

Reaction score
I feel ya on the chow hall guard. I had to do the guard thing and that thing sucked:thumpdown:. it was fun also I "guarded" all 3 enterances b4. I would rather have been out on a mission. chow hall guard was fun though every hour we would go in and stuff our pockets with gatoraide, cokes and poptarts. take a backpack full of drinks back to the room:laugh:.

LIBERTY! is the shiiizzznet! for all you that are there! F***k th3 chow hall guardz.lol... if you know wut i mean before they were 3rd world country guards

soosick13

Reaction score
USMC 3 years in only goin to do the 4 years.. Camp Lejuene NC.

XR2000

Reaction score
USN been in for two years. Two more to go! As for right now i might stay in. The money is to good. Stationed in san diego.

DJmckay

Reaction score
USN been in for two years. Two more to go! As for right now i might stay in. The money is to good. Stationed in san diego.

The money is to good ??????? who the hell writes your paycheck ???? LOL all i know is base pay is a joke :thumpdown: if your an E 1-4 the only way the money is anywhere near good is when you get BAH

XR2000

Reaction score
The money is to good ??????? who the hell writes your paycheck ???? LOL all i know is base pay is a joke :thumpdown: if your an E 1-4 the only way the money is anywhere near good is when you get BAH

Yeah the money is good when your wife owns her own house and every dime of BAH goes in your pocket and you live in san Diego!!! Besides most E-1 thru E-4 are not smart with thier money...thats why most of them are broke. Before i got married i had good money. I lived on base drove a beat up car and drank every night and still found money to put in to savings. life was good!! and before i joined i was rolling pennies to put gas in my car to make it to work because i was so broke. The money is fine people just don't know how to manage thier money.

x-rican

Reaction score
US NAVY for 8 years now. Work on Submarines and I'm moving back to Norfolk, VA in August. Hoping to meet the VA crew.:rock:

SpeedX

Reaction score
:driver:Currently on R&R leave, couple of more months before I'm done with my tour.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
Almost out of here XRU!!! Just a few weeks left here in Iraq!!! Im so excited. Can't wait to drive the X!!:rock:

fuseaku

Reaction score
Marine Corps... Oorah!! :rock: Semper fi devil dogs!

arizona_x-runner

Reaction score
Navy

I was in the U.S. Navy for 9+ years stationed my entire career in Japan (by choice). Served on the USS Belleau Wood, USS Essex, COMFLEACT Sasebo and brief shore duty work at San Diego (just there for processing out for my EAOS).
Was a MM (Machinest Mate) for 6 years, then cross rated to MA (Master-at-Arms) for my shore duty. Had a very good career and enjoyed all my years serving.

Helimx

"Dutch Rudder Master"
Reaction score
never in the military, but may be going to the sandbox for a year or so starting next spring.. can't beat a 180k a year, and a good chunk is tax free... I figure it will give me a good start b4 i decide to start a family.

Top Bottom