Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MORE for the endangered species list...

arizona_x-runner

Reaction score
Okay, go ahead and chew on me...

No reason anyone should.

I'd be pretty pissed if some asshat squid was stunting on a public road and crashed into my truck/car or my bike. Or if he trashed my house crashing into it or such. I've seen (for you AZ people) an incident where a punk squid wheelied down the 101 North in Scottsdale... clipped a F250's left mirror (broken) with his right shoulder... land the wheelie back down, look back and kept blazing on (using his "skillz") taking the shoulder and weaving/cutting off people/lane changes. The guy in the truck looked so pissed... I could tell he wanted to beat the punk senseless... or worse. Dudes bike was a piece of sh*t anyway... trashed fairings, trashed engine casing, no mirrors, his "stealthy" pushed up license plate, and what looked like bald rear tire.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
I thought it was an absolutely hilarious video....It shows just how idiotic people can be when they are imature....Some of those people could have SERIOUSLY killed/injured someone else not to mention themself. I have always wanted to buy a bike, but things like this just make me nervous because I know even myself I am not the most responsible person on the road :frown:

CaliCorks

Reaction score
Wow, as a biker myself all I can say is wow! How stupid can you get? What gets me the most are the people with no body protection at all. They do not diserve to ride. Ehh

arizona_x-runner

Reaction score
I have been riding for a tad over 16 years. Did track days/club racing while stationed in Japan for 9 years and riding in AZ since my EAOS from the Navy... I've seen alot of weird riders, asshat riders and plain rude riders. Along with the same for cage drivers and some very, very road rage type drivers. But I will not nor ever give up riding a motorcycle. Unless I am paralized (and I'll find a way after that) I will always continue my passion for riding.
To this day I have never stunted a bike I've owned or participated or supported any type of stunting. I have done some victory burnouts at the track in Japan, and yes... a few times here and there with my bikes, some fast paced riding... but nothing to the extent that alot of these individuals do (in reference to squids and asshats). It's tough enough to be a biker/rider in this world of cage drivers that more and more resent us responsible riders. They see an asshat or stunter, residential road blazer, or illegal lane passer... and they view us all as the same. I'm frickin' tired of these dipsh*ts ruining it for everyone and having it to where our insurance premiums and rates go higher every year.

The way I see it, if you are caught stunting/exebition, criminal speeding, or complete disregard to laws governing the use (priviledge) of driving/riding... you should have your license revoked permanently. Not that, that would stop them or solve the issue as much, but if so, the insurance companies can refuse any type of coverage for them.

blastap

Reaction score
i honestly agree with you both except for the breaking the law part, when we post kill stories about beating ricers and so on does nobody break the law there? also i have about 90-95,000 miles between 9 street bikes of my own. i have been pulled over for riding a wheelie once in all that and the cop said ''it looked as if you know what yur doing'' so he let me go, i stay away from cars at all exspense. it scaries the fook out of me to see kids come in all jacked up because there lack of experience and discipline to not try to show there ''skillz'' and not know the first thing in riding.yes (i really do hate this word) stunting is illegal as hell but untill i want to stop riding on the street i will break the law its just not fun to me to have a talent that i have worked my azz off to learn and not use it untill im ready to quit.when i see a kid doing 90 in front of the dealership i call them squids, when i see a guy rockin a ballanced out 1st gear sit down in complete control i give him props.like i said i agree with you 90% of people that ride are ****** bags and dont deserve the right to have the joy to ride a motocycle.

WCD

Reaction score
I bet a common thread in that video is the ages of the riders. I'm guessing most of them are in their early-to-mid 20's. Some may be even younger.
No offense guys, but that age bracket has enough trouble keeping a clean driving record with a car. Now put some of them on a bike around some friends, and viola, you have a squid waiting to eat some pavement .
I don't need dudes like that riding near me, whether I'm in my truck or on my motorcylce. I just let them pass and I stay behind them.

BlackCat

Reaction score
i honestly agree with you both except for the breaking the law part, when we post kill stories about beating ricers and so on does nobody break the law there?

Oh absolutely, anyone participating in street racing is - by definition - in violation of the law. Whether it be on a bike, in a car, in a truck or whatever... it's stupid and illegal. I don't condone folks making "kills" out of other vehicles on the road, and whenever I get challenged by some punk ricer in his decked out, neon green Civic with a Nebraska wing, I ignore them. I also generally don't participate in "kill" threads.

yes (i really do hate this word) stunting is illegal as hell but untill i want to stop riding on the street i will break the law its just not fun to me to have a talent that i have worked my azz off to learn and not use it untill im ready to quit.

Well, kudos and props to those of you who have such skills. Folks as yourselves do garner an audience of admirers with your skills. However, those skills should be used responsibly and in the appropriate setting. A closed off parking lot, not the street. By setting the example of performing your skills sets with grace, yet safely and legally, you can set the example and trend for those that want to follow. Stunt in the street, and it doesn't matter how good you are at what you do, it sets the wrong pattern for your admirers to follow... and you'll get more a**hats and squids flipping bikes on the interstate, racking up medical bills, jacking with everyone's insurance rates and giving bikers as a general rule a bad name.

Okay, chew on me some more...

arizona_x-runner

Reaction score
... when we post kill stories about beating ricers and so on does nobody break the law there?

That's true too. I know that probably alot of the posts of this type aren't doing it with cars all around them (I hope) or in such a manner that they are within inches of another vehicle. True, no excuse to make it "right" or legal. I mean a truck can get squirlely and lose control, crash into the other "they" are trying to beat, a house, another on comming car, pedestrian...
I guess I just look at motorcyclists more as that is what I use way more often. A truck isn't so stealthy on the street, not as agile as a bike and typically can't get up to rediculous speeds in under 5 seconds.
But that is a good point.

blastap

Reaction score
it sounds like we are just in different age groups, my invinceable stage has since gone out the window when i still had my first bike but i do take alot of chances. i am addicted to the adrenaline rush of it all so untill thats out of me i will do so. this has been an very mature conversation and i thank you guys for keeping it that it way. but we both have good points and should call this a done thread as far as this issue.

Yotaman

"Shortbus"
Reaction score
And we wonder why bike insurance is so friggin' expensive ???

Get enough purebred morons on bikes, have 'em wreck, then file oodles of claims...

I have a spotless driving record, yet an insurance quote for an 08 Kawasaki Versys (a dual sport, not even a sport bike) was $1400/yr. A Honda 954RR and a Yamaha FZ1 were both in the $1800/yr range. I've heard of ppl getting quoted $6000/yr for a Hayabusa...

Its your age and gender and the fact that you will eventually wreck. :top: Especially to insure a 1000cc bike.

My '03 R6 was around $90/month for full coverage and it was my first bike.

BlackCat

Reaction score
Its your age and gender and the fact that you will eventually wreck. :top: Especially to insure a 1000cc bike.

My '03 R6 was around $90/month for full coverage and it was my first bike.

Gender, yes.
Age, I'm older than you might think...

AZ as a state also is notorious for high rates, being so close to Mexico and (apparently) lax liability laws don't help.

I also got quotes for FZ-6's, those were in the $1200-1600/yr range, depending on year model.

Basically, my 16yr old Yamaha is just about the cheapest thing I can find to insure without going to a Harley.

In the end, it doesn't matter. I'm selling the Yama off next Spring. It probably won't get replaced.

blastap

Reaction score
we did progressive wrecks last year and the adjuster said it is typically cheaper to insure a 1000 because 90 percent of the time if your buying a thousand than its not your first bike and your not likely to wreck it like a 16 yr old on a 600

05runner

Reaction score
I watched that and i can agree some squids kill me with the stupid stuff they do on the open roadways and stuff. Now i cant lie im guilty of an occassional wheelie but, where i live we have actual spots to stunt. Where the cops no about and hell half the cops down here are riders themselves. I dont go for stunting on open roadways at all. Im no stunter, i can wheelie thats it. Never cared to do tricks or none of that. Its cool to see but yeah when some dumbness occurs i agree i dont got much sympathy either. You can tell when you see a stunter there bike is no longer roade worthy its all caged up and most plastics are gone. And they are geared up. I dont even ride to the store up the block without my leathers.

TACOMATOSED

Reaction score
I ride and have been for about 5 years. I still consider myself a beginner or a novice rider. I haven't logged many miles on bikes and I don't stunt or race. I went down twice within the first six months of riding. The first time was not my fault (car backed out in front of me in a parking lot) but probably could have been avoided if I was more experinced and the second time was my fault because of lack of experience (dumped my bike pulling out of the dealership after putting new tires on and not knowing about the break in period). I have done some stupid things like running my bike up to 165 mph on a newly opend highway. Granted there were no cars or bikes around, but it was still illegal and stupid as hell. I am a completely different rider now. I am thankful I went down twice early because it gave me a new respect for the bike and my life. If I get on my bike and feel overly confident I get off of it and put it up before I ever hit the road. This might sound stupid but I still get those butterflies when I am getting ready to ride and I am glad I do because that keeps me in check.
I love to see people stunt as well as race at the track. I'll never be good enough to do either but I respect the skill of each type of riding. But I feel like there is a time and place for each...in a controlled environment.

05runner

Reaction score
I ride and have been for about 5 years. I still consider myself a beginner or a novice rider. I haven't logged many miles on bikes and I don't stunt or race. I went down twice within the first six months of riding. The first time was not my fault (car backed out in front of me in a parking lot) but probably could have been avoided if I was more experinced and the second time was my fault because of lack of experience (dumped my bike pulling out of the dealership after putting new tires on and not knowing about the break in period). I have done some stupid things like running my bike up to 165 mph on a newly opend highway. Granted there were no cars or bikes around, but it was still illegal and stupid as hell. I am a completely different rider now. I am thankful I went down twice early because it gave me a new respect for the bike and my life. If I get on my bike and feel overly confident I get off of it and put it up before I ever hit the road. This might sound stupid but I still get those butterflies when I am getting ready to ride and I am glad I do because that keeps me in check.
I love to see people stunt as well as race at the track. I'll never be good enough to do either but I respect the skill of each type of riding. But I feel like there is a time and place for each...in a controlled environment.

You got that right bro i agree. But dont sell yourself short. Going to a track day is probably one of the best things you can do. And you get better with practice. I can say hitting the track has help me with my over all riding skill and awareness. Plus you can go all out.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
You got that right bro i agree. But dont sell yourself short. Going to a track day is probably one of the best things you can do. And you get better with practice. I can say hitting the track has help me with my over all riding skill and awareness. Plus you can go all out.

i have to agree with both of you...:top: with experience you need practice and lots of it. there are those fortunate few out there that can touch pretty much anything and learn to be good at it. but for others...practice practice practice...its all you can do.

Like both you guys said there's a time and place for racing and stunting. both can be done at the track, both can also be done at sanctioned events in large parking lots...if your lucky enough to have a friend with a warehouse or large straight away behind the warehouse (loading/unloading zone) that's a good place to practice stunting.

my absolute favorite for practicing wheelies/stoppies...private property. no matter how much noise you make...cops can't touch you. its also a lot safer than an open road...any day of the week.

yeah its fun to go balls out here and there...but there are consequences...and serious 1 on a bike...

tacomatosed: i am still like you bro. no matter if i'm jumping on my xr-50 (mini-stunter), KX-125, or my R6...I still get those chills down my spine and butterflies in my stomach. not because i'm inexperienced...i just don't know what that day has in store for me...

I'm not really worried about my riding skills...i'm more worried about the drivers in SUV/Trucks/Cars...especially semis...that's what keeps me in check...

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom