Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My 05 Tranny is dead.

dj_lucas840

Reaction score
i been trying fight them about it! not getting anywhere! and sent toyota messages too! and the dealership here told them that i had a short shifter! even though they never saw it and cant prove it! and the dude even had the balls to say that i take it to a stip and race it!!! i never have done that, on the street time to time but who hasnt? in any car! and the hr guy at the dealership even told another guy at the shop, "You know how that kid drives that truck, its got to be his fault!" its a bounch of bull!! and ya they are trying rape me on the tranny ill kik the dudes azz if i see him out somewhere!

blastap

Reaction score
armenian did i see you out at trinity riding with shockey a while ago? if so im the guy on the black motard

Armenian

Reaction score
armenian did i see you out at trinity riding with shockey a while ago? if so im the guy on the black motard

yes sir that was me! whats up buddy? i remember you telling me about that tailgate recall and i got that fixed--thanks man. U been riding much? We were out in Grapevine last sunuday there was some kid out there on a black motard drifting and killing it-I thought it was you but it was'nt a DRZ.

I just picked up my truck yesterday from toyota. New transmission and clutch is in. Feels really solid--i drove it around and it stays in all gears. I never really thought much about it, but there was a distinct noise my truck used to make with the old tranny when engaged in 2nd gear and accellerating--kind of like a buzzing/vibrating noise. That noise is gone now. In Toyota's words, there was an "Internal Failure" to the tranny, the oil was black when inspected and they noticed a "burnt odor."

The bill for the new tranny and gasket plus labor came out to about $3,500 and Toyota paid for it all.

New clutch, cover plate, hardware and labor cost me about $450. So, overall I'm very pleased with Toyota's excellent service--Hopefully I won't encounter any more major problems like this lol.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
that sucks bro. glad they are going to fix her. I would get that comp clutch if it was me.

xrtaco06

Reaction score
dude sorry to hear that but at least you don't pay to much. hope i don't have that problem and if i do before the warrenty expires would be nice.

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
I never really thought much about it, but there was a distinct noise my truck used to make with the old tranny when engaged in 2nd gear and accellerating--kind of like a buzzing/vibrating noise. That noise is gone now.

Hmm... Mine does that too, but I don't give it much thought. Mostly in 2nd, sometimes third when accelerating from low rpms.

Armenian

Reaction score
Hmm... Mine does that too, but I don't give it much thought. Mostly in 2nd, sometimes third when accelerating from low rpms.

Is it kind of a low piched noise and then after a few thousand RPM's it goes away? It kinda sounded like "grrrrrrruuuumble"

xrfritz24

Reaction score
yea i am having serious issues with my tranny right now, i already took it in and they replaced 2 syncros. I am having problmes shifting, its really really hard to shift and sometimes i cant get it out of gear. toyota replaced 2 syncros and told me to drive 1000 miles if its not better to bring it back and there gonna replace the tranny. i have 38K on the truck.

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
I had mine replaced ,unfortunetly i had to pay because my warranty was up ! But I have a Stage 4 with the stock fly wheel and everything is fine ! The clutch however does take sometime to get used to because its got a lot more bite to it !

KETCHUP

Reaction score
wow. that sucks bro. haven't heard to many 05s blowing up. mainly 07s and 08s. yeah, I think that 500 will be some well spent money. keep us posted on the repair brotha!

Armenian

Reaction score
my tranny is still running perfect...

almost at 60,000 miles

im glad i got that free tranny

Last edited:
Top Bottom