Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My LS1 RX7

Simplex Effect

Reaction score
1998 Camaro SS LS1
Mahle 9.5:1 Pistons
Comp Cams Xtreme 269HR
Stainless Works Headers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9fixS1G6xE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akZGeqwAVS8

Finally starting to come together! lol

Been working on it for I think 1 year 8 months, yeah long time but I think it is going to be worth it when its finished up this week.

Figured out the Fuel Injectors were clogged, getting them cleaned and flow tested later today.

Have to install the Turbo II rear end, 5 lug Front, finish up the wiring under the dash, have exhaust made, then dyno tuned.

5000XD

Reaction score
Damn, dude I recall you talking about this a while back in the chat! Looks tits and sounds awesome! congrats and keep us posted when it's finished.

Simplex Effect

Reaction score
Damn, dude I recall you talking about this a while back in the chat! Looks tits and sounds awesome! congrats and keep us posted when it's finished.

Definitely will.

I've been waiting for this car to be done for so long, I must bring it to a XRU meet. lol

5000XD

Reaction score
I'd fly over to see it in person if you brought it to a meet close to florida lol.

Edgeman

Reaction score
Lol, well I plan to move to Miami sometime. Not sure when though.

What's taking you to Miami? Interesting town - unbelieveable restaurants, but the cost of living & traffic is off the charts. I have a few driving tips for Miami:

(1) Turn signals are a sign of weakness. Routinely saw drivers actually "close the gap" once they saw someone wanted to merge into their lane.

(2) You should expect to hear a horn blowing if you aren't moving in 0.000000001 seconds after a traffic light turns green. I even saw drivers honking at a car in the turn lane if he didn't move (this was someone beside him because there was no one behind the car in the turn lane.)

(3) Drivers follow country driving rules - basically every driver follows the rules of the road from their home country, not USA driving rules.

(4) Don't be surprised if you're passed going 80+ mpy on the Florida Turnpike by local police heading to/from work.

(5) Recommend driving your route to/from work before you have to be there in order to judge the commute time. Big communities like Kendall are nice, but you're heading to/from work with 1,000,000 other cars. Never plan to "have to be anywhere" during morning or evening rush hour.

- I never found any "reputable" shops to work on my older cars, so I was stuck using the dealership for anything I didn't want to tackle myself. Beware of independent shops! I would brush up on your Spanish before you go. You'll find quite a few places that have workers who refuse to speak english (Friend told me he encountered that at a major rental car agency once, would bet the worker was fluent in English, but just didn't want to talk to customers.) Don't bet me started on my Jury Duty experience...lol

I preferred hanging out in the Grove, but also used to hang out at the Clevelander in South Beach. It's absolutely amazing seeing "supermodels" walking down the sidewalk every evening...lol Take advantage of diving in the Keys...one of the best, most accessable places to dive on this planet!

Good luck!

SX TOY

Reaction score
awesome swap gotta post more pics
and edgeman you are dead on about driving in miami it is drive aggresive or go home.
key largo is the self proclaimed dive capital of the world.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
that's just BAD @SS...:adore::rockon:

take that thing to miami and all the import guys will know that's not a rotary engine in there...:laugh: just don't pop the hood while they are around cause that thing will go missing the minute you turn your back to em...

Grumpy

Reaction score
Long time comin'. Hearing the motor fire up for the first time = priceless.
Get the suspension done so it can go sideway.:rockon:

Simplex Effect

Reaction score
Long time comin'. Hearing the motor fire up for the first time = priceless.
Get the suspension done so it can go sideway.:rockon:

Lol, soon enough I will hopefully have some coilovers.

Anyways, I searched around yesterday and found out that the only Fuel Injector Cleaner in East TX was closed down because of a broken machine.

So... I found a nice set of stock never used 28# injectors for cheaper than it cost to get them cleaned. lol

Thanks for the comments guys, will have more media up once exhaust is made.

5000XD

Reaction score
Exhaust??? do you really need one with that sound? lol :top:

Simplex Effect

Reaction score
Exhaust??? do you really need one with that sound? lol :top:

Yeah, neighbors would get pissed with me coming home at my normal times (after 2am) with that exhaust. lol

I'm thinking about getting 2 catback setups made, one for that american sound and one with HKS Hypmerax mufflers.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Been hiding out finishing up a project I see.....:rolleyez: Has a nice purr to it.

fuseaku

Reaction score
Dude, that thing sounds sick as hell!!!! Wish my X sounded like that!

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
Very nice brother, I image once its drivable you won't be able to keep the rear end under you which would be awesome.

Simplex Effect

Reaction score
Been hiding out finishing up a project I see.....:rolleyez: Has a nice purr to it.

Exactly, lol.

Over the past few months I gathered more and more parts to get this thing ready.

I bought 8 or 10 drift wheels, turbo II rear end, wideband, various other parts.

Still need to get coilovers, steering angle kit, other guages and even more drift spares.

Once again, thanks for the comments guys. I'm so excited to get this thing up and running.

Grumpy

Reaction score
Speaking of parts, I have an Auto Meter oil temp sensor & gauge out of an 13B FC if you're interested.

8-10 drift spares huh . . . this sound serious.

X-roller

Reaction score
nice. there is one here in town. :top: that thing is pretty quick but we have quite a few cars that can beat it. He says he hates that the car is too light. It is hard to get traction.... :frown: Other than that it's pretty sweet looking rx7. His is a purple color. I'll see if I can dig up some pics.

Top Bottom