Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My LS1 RX7

07SWB

Reaction score
Id be interested in those injectors that you didn't get cleaned if you wanna sell them.. my lsx swap starts in a few short months!

SX TOY

Reaction score
nice. there is one here in town. :top: that thing is pretty quick but we have quite a few cars that can beat it. He says he hates that the car is too light. It is hard to get traction.... :frown: Other than that it's pretty sweet looking rx7. His is a purple color. I'll see if I can dig up some pics.

from what he has said so far it seems that he is not concerned with traction more with getting some drift action.

Grumpy

Reaction score
nice. there is one here in town. :top: that thing is pretty quick but we have quite a few cars that can beat it. He says he hates that the car is too light. It is hard to get traction.... :frown: Other than that it's pretty sweet looking rx7. His is a purple color. I'll see if I can dig up some pics.

Too light :laugh: . . . he just don't know how to drive. People who complain about those kind of things need moar driver mod. As for traction, put better tires on.

[/thread jack]

Hurry up Blake! I wanna see this beast at XDC event on September 25th in DFW area.

5000XD

Reaction score
I'd drive it for you! The less traction the better, thats why I love my XR :top:

Simplex Effect

Reaction score
Id be interested in those injectors that you didn't get cleaned if you wanna sell them.. my lsx swap starts in a few short months!

After my new injectors come in I will PM you.

Speaking of parts, I have an Auto Meter oil temp sensor & gauge out of an 13B FC if you're interested.

8-10 drift spares huh . . . this sound serious.

Would be interested if they were AEM, lol. I don't want a bunch of different gauges mounted everywhere.

Too light :laugh: . . . he just don't know how to drive. People who complain about those kind of things need moar driver mod. As for traction, put better tires on.

[/thread jack]

Hurry up Blake! I wanna see this beast at XDC event on September 25th in DFW area.

Well I am certainly going to try and make it there, should have all the parts I want too.

Simplex Effect

Reaction score
Injectors came in today, won't be able to work on the car till tomorrow though.

07SWB

Reaction score
Is it a stock ls1 of is it modded? I'm debating going completely stock just to get it running then do head/cam after I'm comfortable with the power and the t56.

Which cluth are you running?

Jap

Reaction score
Talk about good power to weight!

What a weapon

Simplex Effect

Reaction score
Is it a stock ls1 of is it modded? I'm debating going completely stock just to get it running then do head/cam after I'm comfortable with the power and the t56.

Which cluth are you running?

I'm using a Centerforce clutch right now, holds 90% over clutch.

Built Heads, Forged Bottom End, Comp Cams Xtreme 269HR

Engine is built for boost or a big nitrous shot.

Talk about good power to weight!

What a weapon

Yup, the car will weigh about 2,700 lbs and easily over 350whp.

07SWB

Reaction score
Wow your expectations for power are very low!

A head/cam lsx should be well into the 400rwhp range.. with a forged bottom end it can only be better. Isn't your compression a little high for a lot of boost?

Last edited:

Simplex Effect

Reaction score
Wow your expectations for power are very low!

A head/cam lsx should be well into the 400rwhp range.. with a forged bottom end it can only be better. Isn't your compression a little high for a lot of boost?

They are built stock heads, no porting.

I can easily make over 600whp with this on a turbo setup.

Simplex Effect

Reaction score
Installed the new injectors, fired up like a champ!

Not sure how much I will be able to work on it next week, finals all week.

Simplex Effect

Reaction score
Guess I will update this.

When I contacted Hinson they had said the Driveshaft was the same for the Non-Turbo and Turbo II Rear End, the guy I talked to meant in length. Actual flange is a different size.

So the new driveshaft is on the way, plus my speedometer correction box is on the way from them since they accidently never sent it with my whole kit.

Also have Turbo II 4 piston front brakes and 2 piston rears on the way.

Grumpy

Reaction score
Its getting closer :rock:

Mineral Wells' Mexican Stand Off going down tomorrow. I won't make the event, have to work....but NST Mike & Ryan will be there.

Simplex Effect

Reaction score
Its getting closer :rock:

Mineral Wells' Mexican Stand Off going down tomorrow. I won't make the event, have to work....but NST Mike & Ryan will be there.

Still not sure if i am going yet, depends on if the girl still wants to go in the morning.

SpcWashington

Reaction score
Glad to see another fc fan on here. :top: Although you did rip out the 13b. I can still apriciate a sweet setup! Seems like most 2nd gens are going for v8 swaps. Sounds like you need a good parts car. good body and rear end etc. Ive got a complete 87 tII sittin around with your name on it! GL and post some vids when u get that thing sideways!

Simplex Effect

Reaction score
Glad to see another fc fan on here. :top: Although you did rip out the 13b. I can still apriciate a sweet setup! Seems like most 2nd gens are going for v8 swaps. Sounds like you need a good parts car. good body and rear end etc. Ive got a complete 87 tII sittin around with your name on it! GL and post some vids when u get that thing sideways!

Yup, always liked the FC's but I think I am being swayed to liking the FD more now... which could turn out as another money pit. lol

Don't think I really need a parts car, but I might look at everything on the interior that my car is missing and contact you to see if you have it.

Anyways, brakes are here. Calling Hinson tomorrow to find out whats up with my driveshaft.

Simplex Effect

Reaction score
Well I got everything done on the car last night and drove it maybe 1/2 a mile.

My brand new Slave Cylinder is already bad. So I have to rip the transmission back apart and replace it.

Top Bottom