Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My New Detailing Tools/Products

Stevenredx

Reaction score
I have been wanting a orbital buffer for a couple of months but never really had the spare change to fork out for one. Ms. Stevenredx has decided to get me the buffer and pads for our anniversary, thanks babe... can't wait to put this thing to the test.

I know this may not mean anything to some of you but here's what all I'm getting and I'm also going to switch up the polish and wax that i have been using.

Thanks to DS for some of the recommendations :top:

Porter Cable 7424
311TXKRGFSL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Sonus DAS FlexPlate, 5"
yhst-38019199676181_2013_4252990

x2 = Sonus SFX-3 Final Finish & Wax Pad
yhst-38019199676181_2013_3790069

x1 = Sonus SFX-2 Paint Polishing Pad (just in case i need it for any stubborn blemishes)
yhst-38019199676181_2013_3708170

x2 = Sonus Microfiber Buffing Bonnet, Pkg/2
yhst-38019199676181_2013_3942060

Sonus Der Wunder Wasche Foam Pad and Microfiber Cleaner
yhst-38019199676181_2013_2589618

I'm going to give this polish and wax a try with the buffer, hear great things about the NXT

Machine Glaze
p84837b.jpg

NXT Generation® Tech Wax® 2.0
p84719b.jpg

Mirror Glaze Synthetic Spray Detailer
p84850b.jpg

OK, i know most of you could care less about what I'm getting buy I'm excited to try this new stuff out, we all know the work that has to be done to keep the RR red and not pink.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
stevenredx: congratulations on your new orbital buffer...:biggrin: you won't be disappointed...:top:those are the exact sonus pads that i have...they work wonders...plus the arm doesn't get tired so you can detail all day long if you want...tech wax is awesome...I feel that its better than normal wax cause it holds the cars color even better than other waxes...especially if you live in the desert like me...good luck on the detailing bro...keep us posted on your reviews and post some pics/vids so we can see the products in action...

LeanLow

Reaction score
dont forget to claybar first, i was sceptical until i claybarred then waxed my truck...amazing

Stevenredx

Reaction score
dont forget to claybar first, i was sceptical until i claybarred then waxed my truck...amazing

I've always clay barred, do it a couple times a year... Meguiar's clay kit FTW :rock: :biggrin:

Smooth Surface® Clay Kit
p84694b.jpg

Stevenredx

Reaction score

Shanes56

Reaction score
very nice, the one thing I take for granted is the paint, I need to get serious. I need a engine bay cleaner as well just not sure what to get.

Steve you amaze me with all your resources and links, your the man

Last edited:

Hitman

Reaction score
Cool got to love a woman who buys her man auto stuff :top:

Let us know how that stuff works steven and I do hope to see a video or a how to when using that buffer lol :laugh:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
:adore: Ive been needing a few of those items as well!!! You have a keeper! :adore:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
:adore: Ive been needing a few of those items as well!!! You have a keeper! :adore:

haha... but one kicker, i know I'll end up using some of this stuff on her vehicle to so she's benefiting as-well... :laugh:

Naw... it's what i told her i wanted, she is a keeper.

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
That Meguirs Tech Wax 2.0 is ridiculously awesome. I waxed ONCE this year and my truck still shines like crazy. It's just starting to look like it needs another coat, and I only put one (albeit generous) coat on last time. I didn't wash my truck for a week, it was FILTHY, and some guy came up to me and was like "How do you keep that so clean?" :rofl:

That wax rules.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
just a little FYI...Tech Wax was originally created for marine vehicles(boats, jet skis, etc) because it has a higher resiliency to sunlight, water, dust, etc...:top: I use tech wax on my vehicle every time i wash and polish...trust me i live in vegas...it does wonders especially when I head up to the mountain to ski. all that dirty snow and salt come off like nothing...:biggrin:

That Meguirs Tech Wax 2.0 is ridiculously awesome. I waxed ONCE this year and my truck still shines like crazy. It's just starting to look like it needs another coat, and I only put one (albeit generous) coat on last time. I didn't wash my truck for a week, it was FILTHY, and some guy came up to me and was like "How do you keep that so clean?" :rofl:

That wax rules.

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Damnit, all this talk about cleaning the truck makes me feel bad I haven't waxed mine since the DC meet!

I have the Tech wax, just never used it....but after hearing all these wonderful stories, I might have to do some manual labor this week and clean my junk

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
well get to it bro...trust me you won't be disappointed...:top:

Damnit, all this talk about cleaning the truck makes me feel bad I haven't waxed mine since the DC meet!

I have the Tech wax, just never used it....but after hearing all these wonderful stories, I might have to do some manual labor this week and clean my junk

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
clay bar 1st...then tech wax...plus all the other extras in between...in the end you will get blinded by all the pearl that surrounds the BSP...:biggrin:

I need to...I have NEVER clay barred my truck.....I would really like to, so I can bring back the BSP sparkle!

2006nightrider

Reaction score
clay bar 1st...then tech wax...plus all the other extras in between...in the end you will get blinded by all the pearl that surrounds the BSP...:biggrin:

Well after DS posted pics of his truck after he fully detailed it, clay, etc...and now Steven is talking about...You guys are my motivation:laugh:

Top Bottom