Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My New Detailing Tools/Products

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Word, where did you guys find the buffer and pads from, your local autoparts store, or online?

Deviant

Reaction score
Looks good.

You should check out these sites as well

www.exceldetail.com
www.pakshak.com
www.autogeek.net

Sonus stuff is alright... but not quite up there in my books. Same with Megs, though they're easy to get a hold of. Once you get used to the DA polisher, chuck it for a Rotary. Your hands and body will thank you...

xrunner5-0

Reaction score
I bought this one at Carlisle this year. It is basically the Porter Cable with the Mequires name in it. The gave a box of compounds and polishes, 4 foam pads, 4 bonnets and microfiber cloths for $199. and I love it!

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
That Meguirs Tech Wax 2.0 is ridiculously awesome. I waxed ONCE this year and my truck still shines like crazy. It's just starting to look like it needs another coat, and I only put one (albeit generous) coat on last time. I didn't wash my truck for a week, it was FILTHY, and some guy came up to me and was like "How do you keep that so clean?" :rofl:

That wax rules.

:laugh: I just did this a week and a half ago... promised myself I'd wash it every single week since, til I go outside and think "eh, doesn't look that bad" :rolleyez:

Maybe I'll run it through the touchless after work :biggrin:

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
Touchless? Don't waste your money. Do it by hand.

Autogeek.net
Adamspolishes.com

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Touchless? Don't waste your money. Do it by hand.

Autogeek.net
Adamspolishes.com

I live in an apartment complex. It's either touchless, the quarter machines, those awful drive-thru brush things, OR I pay $20+ for a "hand car wash" that I can't imagine being much better than the brush things. When I get the time, I do it right... this is just for the meantime :smile:

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
^ Oh I see. That's tough. Just don't use the drive-thru washes with the brushes. You'll get more scratches than you can count.

xrunner5-0

Reaction score
I live in an apartment complex. It's either touchless, the quarter machines, those awful drive-thru brush things, OR I pay $20+ for a "hand car wash" that I can't imagine being much better than the brush things. When I get the time, I do it right... this is just for the meantime :smile:

Do what ya gotta do.

Coupe

Reaction score
Off on a slight tangent here.

I first experience with a clay bar, was a friend had severe paint over spray on his car from being too close to an industrial painter. About hour with a clay bar, removed all the paint over spray.

I was sold!

I have the same buffer. I need to try those pads though. I am very happy with the buffer.

Last edited:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
I have the same buffer. I need to try those pads though. I am very happy with the buffer.

Never thought i would be so excited to polish and wax the X, should have most of the stuff by this weekend... may have to test out a spot or two. :biggrin:

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Off on a slight tangent here.

I first experience with a clay bar, was a friend had severe paint over spray on his car from being too close to an industrial painter. About hour with a clay bar, removed all the paint over spray.

I was sold!

I hit my truck with the clay a week or so ago. It was exhausting... now I see why detailers charge to dayum much, lol. It was definitely worth it though. I was amazed after I recovered from the fatigue and soreness!!!

Top Bottom