Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My truck has BOOST!

qponde51

Reaction score
congrats dude!!!I know you have wanted this for a while soooooooo. Two Thumbs Up For You!!!:top::top:lol

Coupe

Reaction score
I wouldnt drive it until you figure out where its leaking from... all it takes is a little gas to hit the header and your in big time trouble...

FYI- I too spelled gas in the cab under hard acceration. I snugged the fuel line to the 7th and it went away. Honestly I did tighten the connection, but just every so much.

Also did you use any pipe dope? Its been said here that gas eats the dope and could cause a leak. I doubt it ate it that fast, but wanted to throw it our there.

What kind of adapter do you have on the fuel rail? you might not have tighten up that 2 small bolts enough.

No pipe dope. The braided stainless hose has tapered fittings.

I did not see any leaks on the hoses.

There were o-rings on the injectors, but this is where I think the problem is. There might be one injector that is not seated properly and occasionally it burps.

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
Coupe, I just found that the connector on passenger side injector closet to the radiator was not clicked in all the way. It was actually angled off a little. I pushed it back. I also tightened up the fitting on the 7th injector just a little. Will do another drive later. Need to run errands in my wife's car first.

Update: fuel smell is still there. damn bummer. what do I do now? I guess I can't drive the truck until this is resolved. Gadget, I'll do what you suggested again.

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
This morning I started the truck up for a while, smelled fuel, and shut it down. I looked under the truck and found fuel dripping from under the tranny on the driver side; passenger side is clean. Looks to be coming from one of the fuel line clamps as it attaches to the fuel rail or it could be from one of the driver side injectors too. I'll park the truck until this is fixed but there is a fuel leak.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Dude, you need to give me a call, and I'll walk you through every thing.:top:

5000XD

Reaction score
Good thing you found it man!

...but now you need to take off the s/c again to get at the injectors? crap that sux....

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
Yeah no kidding. Grumpy is coming over this afternoon so we'll take care of it. Mark, thx for the offer. Hopefully it's an easy fix.

5000XD

Reaction score
Ok, that guy in overalls should have you covered lol. Good luck!

ntinhri

Reaction score
You can get that S/c off in 10 mins, just dont forget to put tape over the intake ports.

You have the fuel lines that come up from the tank to the engine bay. there is a connector for both lines, they are rubber hoses that run behind the s/c. I bet its either where they connect to the fuel rail, or you pinched on of the rubber hoses and they have a pin hole in it.

I say see if you can put some paper towels back there, start it up, turn it off, pull out paper towels and see if there is any gas on them. That might give you a better idea of where the leak is coming from. Then pull the s/c and and inspect the rubber hoses, the connectors (with steel lines) and the fuel rail connections. Hope this helps.

ntinhri

Reaction score
Tooks some pics for ya..
IMGP0599.jpg

Connection under the white holder...next pic you can see the actual hoses.. they run behind the S/C..

IMGP0597.jpg

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you use vaseline on the O-rings of the injectors before you pushed them into the fuel rail? That is pretty much a must, to help prevent the O-rings from rolling down and not seating properly. If you all did, then that problem is ruled out. Next will either be the 7th fuel rail adapter, or the plug ins of the fuel lines to the fuel rail.

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
I believe dieletric grease was used on the o-rings. Still think it's a pinched fuel line under the blower. I noticed that the 2 hoses for the fuel don't have any clamps where they connect to the hard lines. Should they? I also don't have the white connector shown in the pic above.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
That is more than likely the case then. One of the two sides of the fuel rail where the lines plug onto the fuel rail.

Super Werty

Reaction score
Yea they should have those clamps that snap over the lines, if you are seeing fuel dripping, then its a pretty big leak and those missing clamps sound like the problem

btw I used some motor oil on my injector o-rings and I have never had any issues

Grumpy

Reaction score
The 2 line that goes to fuel rail, feed & return lines, they snap together with plastic slip cover on top. They were there after the test drive. I'm going with Alfredo theory, pinch hose.

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
Yea they should have those clamps that snap over the lines, if you are seeing fuel dripping, then its a pretty big leak and those missing clamps sound like the problem

btw I used some motor oil on my injector o-rings and I have never had any issues

Yes, there are 2 clamps up on top but I was talking about down at the bottom where the lines transition from hard line to rubber hose.

The 2 line that goes to fuel rail, feed & return lines, they snap together with plastic slip cover on top. They were there after the test drive. I'm going with Alfredo theory, pinch hose.

:top:......

Is that an oil cooler under the filter? if so whered you get it?

It's an OEM oil cooler. I bought it used from another member.

Good luck this afternoon.

Thanks Coupe. I'll keep you updated on what we find. Had to drive my wife's Lexus today and of course it rains. More work for the weekend to detail it. :rolleyez:

Last edited:
Top Bottom