Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Need a pic of the any X traction bars

MXXN

Reaction score
Looking for a pic of any traction bars availible for the X. Preferably mounted on the truck

TIA

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
These are not from my truck, but I remembered seeing this post elsewhere not to long ago so I pulled the pics for you:

ed05a864.jpg

ed05a7ca.jpg

ed05a76f.jpg

nxrunner

Reaction score
Here is one by cal tracs. Unlike URD it contians 2 bars as opposed to urd having only one in the center.

caltractracbars.jpg
[/IMG]

CursedRacing

Reaction score
I can't pull up the URD site here at work for some reason but I thought that the URD kit contained 2 bars aswell...

Cursed

CursedRacing

Reaction score
Seems like you'd still have a chance at getting some axle wrap with one in the center like that, I've always seen them on the outside of the axle.

Christopher

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you not use the URD traction bars on the X?

Cursed

My photos above are of the URD. The URD setup is a single bar placed in the middle from what I've seen.

shook

Reaction score
These are not from my truck, but I remembered seeing this post elsewhere not to long ago so I pulled the pics for you:

ed05a864.jpg

ed05a7ca.jpg

ed05a76f.jpg

These pictures are of my truck :biggrin: its the URD Traction bar in black, this thing is badass and well worth it ! one of my other favorite mods :top:

MXXN

Reaction score
THANKS A TON!!! all of you. i have seen the URD/Bud bars but not actually mounted up. I was interested in something like Cal Tracs but couldn't remeber who the other maker of bars was other then Bud. This is a mod for the near future.

DOGO X

Reaction score
I like the idea, but due to my mod I need some changes, Sorry Xrobber I keep you post it! I will have a different set up :biggrin:

07XR808

Reaction score
What exactly does a traction bar do and what type of differences did you folks feel?

DOGO X

Reaction score
Not Wheel hoop! :top: After a straigh launch

MXXN

Reaction score
The bars keep the axel from twisting the leaf springs. If you ever accelerate over a bumpy road you get a hoppy feeling as the axle loads and unloads off the leaf springs when it is twisitng against the driveforce. The harder you lunch the worse it can be unless you just spin. Even then you might spin and hop at the same time. As you build power and loose traction the bars just keep the wheel and axle geometry from getting outta hand.

You can preload the traction bars bit and stiffen the ride as well. You "tune" the feel.

shook

Reaction score
The bars keep the axel from twisting the leaf springs. If you ever accelerate over a bumpy road you get a hoppy feeling as the axle loads and unloads off the leaf springs when it is twisitng against the driveforce. The harder you lunch the worse it can be unless you just spin. Even then you might spin and hop at the same time. As you build power and loose traction the bars just keep the wheel and axle geometry from getting outta hand.

You can preload the traction bars bit and stiffen the ride as well. You "tune" the feel.

Exactly what he said :rock: ! i love the URD traction bar, the single bar design works really well and still lets the rear end suspension to move independently... and !! its adjustable :biggrin: night and day difference

Last edited:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
What the price and website on those cal bars? i have never seen those before

SWeiser31

Reaction score
Whoever has the cal tracs, how do you like them? Can you see them without kneeling down? Anything else about them that you like or dislike? thanks.

Top Bottom