Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Need computer help!

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Hey Donny, IMO buying a cheaper laptop and sending it to DS seems like a smoking deal! I would probably lean towards that cuz it'll be fast and have some cool free shat that you'd otherwise have to pay for!!! Just a thought:top:
You never saw the thread about the cake he sent to k2 :laugh: :laugh:

Im considering it, I just want to get something new before this one dies :top:

jmoore120

Reaction score
Donny, you should get it touch with Mike (Vecte) about a computer. :top:

chadfo

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that's it's almost black Friday. If you can wait until then, you'll find better deals.

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
Get the HP. They are excellent for the price IMO :top:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Alright Ill get the hp, but is the intel duo 2 worth the diffence in price over the amd turion? It doesnt matter to me, but im curious if anyone has had any issues with it, or if its garbage. :dontknow:

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
I personally like the AMD processors :top:. My wife works in the IT field and she swears by them. My personal opinion though, everyone is going to have a different view on this. Like almost everything out there, half like brand "x" and half like brand "y". Good luck donny :top:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Well I planned on taking the idiot reviews with a grain of salt lol....I like to check out and listen to the reviews that seem well thought out and not thrown out just to say something. There is 40.00$ ++ difference between the intel and amd processors.....and the only other thing I didn't care for was the intel battery life was an hour or so shorter than the amd processor and similar specifications with the same 6cell lithion battery. :frown: Personally I dont know, but I like the idea of not needing to upgrade for a while like I said earlier.

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
Doug offered up the best advice. Dell usually has the best deals, although on occasion, others do outshine them. The only brand I highly recommend you stay away from is Gateway. Other than that, it's really hard to get a "bad" laptop.

As far as your question about AMD vs. Intel, it should not matter to you at all. If you want to get down to it, technically, Intel has the market cornered, and IMO, pretty much always has. The New i5 and i7 processors are simply amazing. For you though, AMD will more than suit your needs. Also, don't get less than a 9-cell battery, because on a regular laptop, 6-cells aren't worth $#!t.

If you are interested, I have an employee plan through Dell, and also I am Dell certified tech for their Laptops, Desktops, Servers, Switches, and Printers, so I get some decent discounts. If you want me to throw you one together on the site, let me know, and I'll see what kind of prices I can get.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer mike, I ended up getting the intel Hp just because I couldnt help myself....it was like 679.00 before a warranty and tax and shit so with all my goodies and a few things for my wife, I dropped 900 flat on it. :top:

DC29

Reaction score
go to frys electronics they have HP refurb's there for dirrrrt cheap i got my $1200 laptop for $600 out the door with a 3 year warranty and if you bring it in with any problem 3 times you get a brand new one of the *newest* model for free, and if you have a problem they take everything off your computer and put it on a loaner for you for the meantime and swap back once yours is done.

and to go in a little on the refurb process.. all the HP's they have never made it out of the factory, basically when it came down to the quality check before shipping something was messed up and they went back in and fixed it and so really there brand new computers, you can even ask what problems it had, on mine the keypad on the right didnt work so they fixed it and its worked great for me ever since it hit my hands so i have no complaints.

DemonXrunner

Reaction score
Personally if you just need a PC to browse the net and check e-mails. I would go with a dell or an HP. My brother just purchased a 13in HP widescreen I think it is the entertainment one and he got it for 600. It is super fast and has plenty of storage space.

I am not a fan of Intel processors because they tend to run very HOT and they dont do as well as AMD when overclocked. This is based on my experience with desktops.

Since I use my Apple laptop for work I preffer it over any PC available.

I even have MAC OSX 10.6 on my Windows desktop.

Good luck with the buy, but I would also wait until black Friday and see if the laptop you want they have at a super discount. Every year there is a laptop that sells for like 250 or 300, but there are only limited amounts.

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer mike, I ended up getting the intel Hp just because I couldnt help myself....it was like 679.00 before a warranty and tax and shit so with all my goodies and a few things for my wife, I dropped 900 flat on it. :top:

Good deal, I'm sure you will love it.:top:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Personally if you just need a PC to browse the net and check e-mails. I would go with a dell or an HP. My brother just purchased a 13in HP widescreen I think it is the entertainment one and he got it for 600. It is super fast and has plenty of storage space.

I am not a fan of Intel processors because they tend to run very HOT and they dont do as well as AMD when overclocked. This is based on my experience with desktops.

Good luck with the buy, but I would also wait until black Friday and see if the laptop you want they have at a super discount. Every year there is a laptop that sells for like 250 or 300, but there are only limited amounts.

lol?

The Q6600 is a modern overclocking legend and the new Nehalem architecture (recent I series processors) is AWESOME at overclocking.

AMD is way behind lately.

The last time I considered a AMD processor over intel was when the P4 and Athlon/Durons were around :laugh: . You know... back in the day when you had to jump the L1 cache levels with pencil lead to overclock the bastard.

P4 - now that was a HOT power grubbing processor.

You can overclock the 'old' and new intel quad-cores to retarded levels with a decent air setup...

MAC is a overpriced PC with linux/unix installed.

Love how they need to use and emulate PC/MS architecture/software more and more lately.

PC > MAC FTW!!!!!!

Dont take this personal I love the topic of PC vs. MAC it leads to some funny ass debates.

Dont forget that Intel employed the blue man group as well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So5eEjwjLLM

Those are fightin words right there! :motz::laugh:

lol!

No one can argue a good enough reason to buy a MAC over a PC to win it; doesn't bother me.

:-O

Last edited:

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score

To bad that all of the current AMD processors have higher idle temperatures than all current Intel processors, not to mention AMD motherboards aren't capable of the speeds the i7 and i5 processors are capable of.

I'm sorry, but from an overclocking perspective, Intel shatters AMD in every aspect. There isn't anything at all wrong with AMD, and I was a huge AMD fanboy, but I had to face the fact that Intel processors are superior in almost every way.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
To bad that all of the current AMD processors have higher idle temperatures than all current Intel processors, not to mention AMD motherboards aren't capable of the speeds the i7 and i5 processors are capable of.

I'm sorry, but from an overclocking perspective, Intel shatters AMD in every aspect. There isn't anything at all wrong with AMD, and I was a huge AMD fanboy, but I had to face the fact that Intel processors are superior in almost every way.

Vecte you and I see eye to eye.

Will you go out with me?

Venomous_X

Reaction score
glad I didnt buy the amd hahahahahaha.....it played blueray but that seemed to be the only plus besides the processors....I felt like a fail...

Mike....Can you reprogram a router with a whole new network without a setup disk? *IE setting up a new network* Or do I need a new one? Call me?

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
glad I didnt buy the amd hahahahahaha.....it played blueray but that seemed to be the only plus besides the processors....I felt like a fail...

Mike....Can you reprogram a router with a whole new network without a setup disk? *IE setting up a new network* Or do I need a new one? Call me?

All you do is login via the gateway address donny.

dinosaur-printable-invitation.jpg

+

core2quad.jpg

=

CHIPZILLA!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
All you do is login via the gateway address donny.

Doug, I love you, but I do not understand computer tech talk.....:fail: I suck at life...will you teach me in the arts mr miyagi? I will wax on, while you wack off!!!! Seriously though, if I cant "redo" it, i need to get one asap so i need a serious answer..My issue is I have a pword protected account and I cant recall the network key for adding puters :fail: When it shows the network key, its coded where I cant see the characters :(

screen pic

failatlife.jpg

Top Bottom