Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New England Meet / Mod Day

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Get your ass up to my place then!!! If there's any chance shoot me a PM. :top: I'm only about an hour and 15 north of Boston.

nut

Reaction score
Get your ass up to my place then!!! If there's any chance shoot me a PM. :top: I'm only about an hour and 15 north of Boston.

im driving 3-4 hours to boston from Long Island, you come down here! and i can show you one of those items we were talking about in private ;)

P05X

"Wicked Pissah"
Reaction score
Matt that's always an option if you wanted to u can come down to me I do have a garage we can work in, and I was just talking to my buddy Greg and there a 99% chance that we can use the lift at his uncles shop. Just throwing it out there.

Nut what time u coming to Boston Saturday I live only about 25 min from there, would love to see a boosted taco.

Nut what time u coming to Boston Saturday I live only about 25 min from there, would love to see a boosted taco. Sorry mis read ur mods list.

Last edited:

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Matt that's always an option if you wanted to u can come down to me I do have a garage we can work in, and I was just talking to my buddy Greg and there a 99% chance that we can use the lift at his uncles shop. Just throwing it out there.

While that's a great offer I've got plans to go fishing in the morning so by the time I get home and drive back down to Easton we'd be looking at 3 in the afternoon. :thumbdown:

P05X

"Wicked Pissah"
Reaction score
Yeah no problem wat time should I be there, also do u mind if I bring my buddy Greg with me

nut

Reaction score
While that's a great offer I've got plans to go fishing in the morning so by the time I get home and drive back down to Easton we'd be looking at 3 in the afternoon. :thumbdown:

cool cool, good luck!

P05X

"Wicked Pissah"
Reaction score
So since ur not doin the studs and bolts we won't need a 10 mm 12 point socket. Any thing else u want me to bring,

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Whatever we need to get the wraf sensors out....not sure what size those are....

shaX 07

Reaction score
Wish I could have made it man. Are you planning one more meet before the snow flies? If so i'll try to make it down :top:

cwatt

Reaction score
What about a Stage III clutch? eh? eh?

I'm relatively new to Halifax (don't know many people in general). I've asked about four (4) people thus far, no one has stepped up. :( Could really use the help. Might be a fun drive.

Oh, long-tube headers need to be installed too.

Reward? Canadian beer & a ride in a fast FJ. If you have gravel roads, I'll also get sideways.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Wish I could have made it man. Are you planning one more meet before the snow flies? If so i'll try to make it down :top:

I'd like to, we'll have to see how much longer the fair weather XR's will be on the road. :eviltongue:

What about a Stage III clutch? eh? eh?

I'm relatively new to Halifax (don't know many people in general). I've asked about four (4) people thus far, no one has stepped up. :( Could really use the help. Might be a fun drive.

Oh, long-tube headers need to be installed too.

Reward? Canadian beer & a ride in a fast FJ. If you have gravel roads, I'll also get sideways.

I don't have the proper tools to do a clutch, nor the experience. Paul (P05X) would but If we're trying to do a "local" meet I think most would prefer not to push the 2hr mark for driving distance......that probably puts it back at my place again. Akakrill is about 2 hrs north of me, P05X is about the same south of me, and ricerboy shax is about an hour and 15 east......We've proven we can do headers on my truck :top: Worst part was access to the underside of my truck, wouldn't have that issue with yours.....

shaX 07

Reaction score
I'd like to, we'll have to see how much longer the fair weather XR's will be on the road. :eviltongue:

I don't have the proper tools to do a clutch, nor the experience. Paul (P05X) would but If we're trying to do a "local" meet I think most would prefer not to push the 2hr mark for driving distance......that probably puts it back at my place again. Akakrill is about 2 hrs north of me, P05X is about the same south of me, and ricerboy shax is about an hour and 15 east......We've proven we can do headers on my truck :top: Worst part was access to the underside of my truck, wouldn't have that issue with yours.....

Ricerboy eh? Is this a challenge to put your X up against my VT? Not sure if you want to do that to yourself :burnout2:

P05X

"Wicked Pissah"
Reaction score
Sounds like I gotta load my tool box and cart on a trailer. Hey mat how u liking those headers

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
So far I really like them. I do think I'm going to add the resonator after the Y to kill the rasp. But the rasp really tones down a lot after the trucks been driven for about 10 mins so I'm not in a huge rush.

Ricerboy eh? Is this a challenge to put your X up against my VT? Not sure if you want to do that to yourself :burnout2:

Really? LOL you know those things with exhaust and CAI are only pulling low 15/high 14s right? Don't forget just because it's faster than your little civic doesn't mean it's gonna walk my XR.....

Last edited:

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
I noticed the same thing. When I switched to the new version it got a lil quieter and less rasp.

Then the cat back from URD rounded it out and made it sound real nice.

shaX 07

Reaction score
So far I really like them. I do think I'm going to add the resonator after the Y to kill the rasp. But the rasp really tones down a lot after the trucks been driven for about 10 mins so I'm not in a huge rush.

Really? LOL you know those things with exhaust and CAI are only pulling low 15/high 14s right? Don't forget just because it's faster than your little civic doesn't mean it's gonna walk my XR.....

Proof? The VT is on par with an Si in stock form, i.e. 0-60 in 6.9ish and 1/4 mile in 14.9-15.0. That's about the same as a stock X if i'm not mistaken.

You have what, CAI, DTLTs and a custom exhaust? I'd say you might have the edge. I don't truly care really, I was just smack talking your talking smack :)

If I wanted a race car I wouldn't have bought a VT to begin with, I really just wanted an inexpensive car that wasn't as boring as an Elantra or Impreza and got great MPGs and has enough oomph to keep me interested in driving.

So when are you slapping on an S/C anyway? It's time you join the Boosted club :top:

Top Bottom