Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

new girl on the block

redarkx

Reaction score
flygirl said:
mine is an 08 and now has 45,000 miles and I did buy the extended warranty......wow this has been a big learning lesson for me..thank you for the information...guess I should have done my homework on here first before I bought one...I specifically told the salesman I wasnt buying a truck that didnt have that in it...and I took a guy with me...guess he didnt know what he was looking at either...I still love the truck but im feeling pretty stupid right now...and i might wanna just let the salesman know that I did eventually learn..not that it would change anything im sure but ..lesson learned

No need to feel that stupid. As long as your still happy with the truck that's all that matters. She's no slower that when you thought it was boosted!

JetJockey

Reaction score
Hi Alicia. It's your ridin buddy and fellow XRunner owner! So I took a look at the pix you posted here and yes indeed you've got a TRD (Toyota Racing Development = factory go fast shop) cold air induction system that DOES give your XR a bit more power than stock. You do not have a turbo or a supercharger installed. TRD also makes a supercharger for the XRunner.

The dealership was incorrect in telling you it had a turbo system installed. FYI turbos are quite rare on XRs. They come as aftermarket installs, and also void the factory warranty on your engine.

Your XR is just as fast now as you first thought, so no big deal! You've got the best sport truck money can buy! Also, as I recall you got a reasonable deal on it. ENJOY!

Top Bottom