Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New Product Teaser

BondXII

Reaction score
it seems like amy had less body roll then normal ?cant wait

Good eye. LOL. It's a combonation of things for that. One being the adjustablilty of the coilovers help keep the X flat. The spring rate helps keep the truck from leaning in, and the rebound adjustability in the shock allows for the other side to not lift (as quick). The other factor is just becoming an autocross "regular." Over time she has learned to not "throw" the truck everywhere and keep the suspension settled. Now its game on. What whaaaaaaaaaat?! :blurock:

SooRunner

Reaction score
Hey James BONDXII, can you post up a pic of the x with the suspension?

I see you have a avatar of it..TEASE!!!!

BondXII

Reaction score
He said "James BondXII" :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Here's at the last autocross in Roebling Road Raceway. A bit of a wheel gap with the shorter track tire though. I'll see what other pictures I can come up with this evening.

972304_10200360861686351_1789405085_n.jpg

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
Don't mind them. They are too busy cutting up boats to makes bars, and stIcking painted wine bottles on tree branches. :
:eviltongue:

BondXII

Reaction score
Updates? Anyone? Bueller....bueller.....bueller?

Sorry "Dammit". :) Been swamped with other jobs. Go figure. Things are moving forward again with the coilovers. The new parts and pieces have helped with some of the issues we had before. There is better clearance with the upper control arm, there is not an issue with the lower control arm now, the spanner wrenches can get to the coil adjusting nuts easier now, and the the dampening adjuster is easier to get to now. In theory, we need a good brake line bracket and we should be on our way. I think we are finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Dang, that's one long tunnel we've been traveling. LOL.

Don't mind them. They are too busy cutting up boats to makes bars, and stIcking painted wine bottles on tree branches. :
:eviltongue:

Whatever Chris. LOL. It is nice having a carpenter down the street. :blurock: we would not be anywhere close to being done with all that stuff we got going in the back yard. Quite the blessing actually. I WOULD like to take the credit...but I can't. :eviltongue:

Phil Dammit

Reaction score
Sorry "Dammit". :) Been swamped with other jobs. Go figure. Things are moving forward again with the coilovers. The new parts and pieces have helped with some of the issues we had before. There is better clearance with the upper control arm, there is not an issue with the lower control arm now, the spanner wrenches can get to the coil adjusting nuts easier now, and the the dampening adjuster is easier to get to now. In theory, we need a good brake line bracket and we should be on our way. I think we are finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Dang, that's one long tunnel we've been traveling. LOL.

Whatever Chris. LOL. It is nice having a carpenter down the street. :blurock: we would not be anywhere close to being done with all that stuff we got going in the back yard. Quite the blessing actually. I WOULD like to take the credit...but I can't. :eviltongue:

Understandable as I have not been swamped at work :(. And this is good news. All that's left is the brake lines then yes?

NUPEPRIME

Reaction score
"patience is a virtue" ... or so they say.
thanks for all ya'll hard work on this project, sure they're going to be awesome.

BondXII

Reaction score
"patience is a virtue" ... or so they say. thanks for all ya'll hard work on this project, sure they're going to be awesome.

You guys are definitely "patient." Fo sho! This has become frustrating to get everything coordinated and done right. We do thank everyone for this.

Have we reached the light at the end of the tunnel?

There is something dim down there. Not sure if it is light yet though. LOL.

We found out last week that our fabricator was having surgery last Friday. He SAYS it wouldn't put him down for very long. (That is relative, I suppose) The upside to this is that we got up with another fabricator ( also does great work) to see if he was up for the challenge. He excepted if he is needed. Just in case the surgery didn't go as expected or if he realizes he just can't keep up with it anymore (it's a b¥#%€ getting old), we had to make sure we had a backup plan. Even with the theoretical damage of the coilovers just flying off the shelf, he was happy to have the opportunity. Since we live in South East Georgia, he was excited to actually help a company drop a truck, instead of lift it. LOL. The good news with switching fabricators if we need to is that the parts that are finalized, we already have the dimensions, so it's just a matter of fabricating what we know.

Still no "shelf date" or price yet. Once we get rolling and know pricing of the fabricated parts, we can go from there. What whaaaaat. :)

Understandable as I have not been swamped at work :(. And this is good news. All that's left is the brake lines then yes?

Not brake lines...the brackets for the brake lines. The stock shocks have a bracket integrated into the bottom of it for the brake lines. We need to fab a bracket the will do the same thing, just not attached to the shock.

Stay tuned

Last edited:

hirod

Reaction score
Silly question perhaps but any chance this could be adapted to work on a 6 lug with minimal modifications? Really hoping its possible.

Phil Dammit

Reaction score
Silly question perhaps but any chance this could be adapted to work on a 6 lug with minimal modifications? Really hoping its possible.

6lug shock length is greater by 3+ inches. The top hat bolt geometry is also slightly different on a 6lug. With that being said I don't see why not.

O and the lower bracket, gotchya. Well if you need CAD assistance let me know.

X-roller

Reaction score
You guys are definitely "patient." Fo sho! This has become frustrating to get everything coordinated and done right. We do thank everyone for this.

There is something dim down there. Not sure if it is light yet though. LOL.

We found out last week that our fabricator was having surgery last Friday. He SAYS it wouldn't put him down for very long. (That is relative, I suppose) The upside to this is that we got up with another fabricator ( also does great work) to see if he was up for the challenge. He excepted if he is needed. Just in case the surgery didn't go as expected or if he realizes he just can't keep up with it anymore (it's a b¥#%€ getting old), we had to make sure we had a backup plan. Even with the theoretical damage of the coilovers just flying off the shelf, he was happy to have the opportunity. Since we live in South East Georgia, he was excited to actually help a company drop a truck, instead of lift it. LOL. The good news with switching fabricators if we need to is that the parts that are finalized, we already have the dimensions, so it's just a matter of fabricating what we know.

Still no "shelf date" or price yet. Once we get rolling and know pricing of the fabricated parts, we can go from there. What whaaaaat. :)

Not brake lines...the brackets for the brake lines. The stock shocks have a bracket integrated into the bottom of it for the brake lines. We need to fab a bracket the will do the same thing, just not attached to the shock.

Stay tuned

If I was a tester here those things would be done. I have friends here that fabricate amazing stuff. They all work for the big wig performance shops here. I'm gonna have to purchase struts. I can't wait anymore. My suspension is taking a beating with the bad struts. I'm off the group buy for now.

If you need help with anything I have connections as well. Thank you.

1238049_504224176335754_1309195370_n.jpg

This is what my buddy just finished at his shop. Still needs a couple of things but its practically done. Its already been posted on 1320

Last edited:

Phil Dammit

Reaction score
If I was a tester here those things would be done. I have friends here that fabricate amazing stuff. They all work for the big wig performance shops here. I'm gonna have to purchase struts. I can't wait anymore. My suspension is taking a beating with the bad struts. I'm off the group buy for now.

If you need help with anything I have connections as well. Thank you.

This is what my buddy just finished at his shop. Still needs a couple of things but its practically done. Its already been posted on 1320

Nice post, negative nancy. Obviously you fail to understand how the side job fabrication time scale works. As for the subaru ls swap. Great job ruining the power to weight/weight displacement of the impreza. That's going to handle like a turd surfering the french sewage system.

Scarface

Reaction score
Nice post, negative nancy. Obviously you fail to understand how the side job fabrication time scale works. As for the subaru ls swap. Great job ruining the power to weight/weight displacement of the impreza. That's going to handle like a turd surfering the french sewage system.

Obviously you fail to understand the awesomeness of those motors. Also the idea of spell checking. Haha :laugh:

Top Bottom