Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Next XFest: When and Where ?

Where Should XFW 2009 Be ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Werty

Reaction score
While this wouldn't benefit you too much..

One possibility is coordinating with the local SCCA club for a hosted auto-x event. It will give everybody a chance to experience autox, and see what their truck's limits are, as well as their own driving skills.

auto-x in my truck..........:hmmmm2::ahhhhh:

07SWB

Reaction score
East Texas shouldnt be worrying about going to x-fest WEST.

Look at texas, why would you want to go to the west coast if you live on the east side of the state?

Im all down for So Cal of course, i would love to have a huge meet right in my backyard.. not to mention, there is A TON of stuff to do in so cal. If we did it in west texas, that means none of the WA/OR/nor cal people can go. Just to make it so the people on the east side of texas can go? doesnt make sense to me.

honestly, i think lake tahoe would be central but at the same time, kinda boring and most likely crowded with no area to part 30+ trucks.

I dont care where it is, ill drive to AZ for a meet providing there is a ton of people there. I just dont want to make a long drive (like brett and lenie did) and there only be 20 trucks there. Not to mention, im going to be making this drive in the Titan... probably about half the MPG you guys will be getting lol:rolleyez:

auto-x in my truck..........:hmmmm2::ahhhhh:

auto-X in the lifted titan:driver: :ahhhhh:

Last edited:

XRunnerDevil07

The black rocket scientist mac guy
Reaction score
Last year it was in May. I'd guess it'll be around april/may this year if all goes well.

http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=21913

^^^^^oh...:laugh:

i didn't happen to see that....

Now that I think about it more...what about NM? Would that be someone centralized for everyone? I know BlackCat had brought this location up before...but it doesn't seem like it's that bad is it? Might be a little ways for the california people...but some people don't want to do AZ or this "SoCal" it seems to be referred to nowadays. Something like Albuquerque? or umm whatever else is there...i'm sure we could find something to do...or here's another suggestion...I haven't heard anything about Northern AZ....like Flagstaff area and such..If it's going to be around April/May it won't be burning hot like it usually is in Southern AZ....any thoughts on that?

on a side note.....Fireworks aren't illegal in NM as they are in AZ to buy:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
that's just my input on that part

Last edited by a moderator:
R

racerx

everybody is going for the most southern states lets bring it up one or two for the people up north i really dont care where it is but im not going to make a trip longer than 10 hours cuz im the only one who can drive my truck and i cant take turns with anybody i bring to sleep

i say nevada its mor cental for almost everyone plus it doesnt seem fair to keep the northern xruer's make such a long ass trip just so some from half way across the u.s. can make it to XFW

quickshift93

Reaction score
so cal! way worth the drive i think for everyone. late spring. beach status

DanNolan

Reaction score
Last I checked, Texas is western US. Not asking you to move it for people from Louisiana or Alabama, but for the people in Texas who are included in XFW. You are asking for it to be moved further north, but at the expense of likely losing everything from So Cal, Texas, and those of us willing to drive from the east side too.

i say nevada its mor cental for almost everyone plus it doesnt seem fair to keep the northern xruer's make such a long ass trip just so some from half way across the u.s. can make it to XFW

blastap

Reaction score
ifs its feasable ill go wherever, arizona seems to be easiest to me

R

racerx

but the farther east you move it the more the west coast wont go cuz its one hell of a drive trust me texas is not fun to drive when your the only one driving but texas is no where near the western US its slap dab central but i mean if we could do a XFC so all the u.s could go now that would be cool
but maybe 2010 for that and i know how the socal guys got LAZY and didnt go but ppl from cali really dont like to travle all that much i mean come on whats better then cali lol but its not up to me so this is just my .02

07SWB

Reaction score
so cal Xrunner owners dont have near the coin that the east coast guys do to pay for gas for a 10hr trip.

Look at the amount of guys on the east coast that are s/c compared to west coast..

Its more expensive to live and more expansive to drive, thats why noone is willing to drive more than like 4hrs to a meet. I drove with the convoy to XFW08 and it was a blast. I had so much fun i would like to meet up in havasu again with the AZ guys and have a party. I know Spyder is down for it!

Venomous_X

Reaction score
All this whining back and forth even on my account is making it less and less feasible to even make the trip.....Without the big guys having any real info on the subject I dont see the point of this thread at all....Face it, we all want to go, but from the looks of it, noone wants to make the drive....Its not about gas, its about friendship, and the few things we have in common, like the trucks, and the bond we all share as brothers and sisters.....I made a obligation to drive 16 hours to a location without even thinking twice about it....some of you are complaining about 8-10 hours.....Again, the closest X-fest in my backyard was a 14 hour drive.....We need Klint, Steven, Lucke, David, Spyder and Jason to brainstorm and see if they can get something going. Afterall Its those guys that put the events together for us to even enjoy.....I'll retract all of my own previous statements....I want to go to "a" xfest.....but make it fun for everyone else as well.....I dont think it would be fun, if some of the guys and girls find it a drone and a chore to make the drive. :frown:

I will go if its close enough and feasible enough to go...I dont know about some of you, but I have dedication and I want to meet some of you people...:rock: So lets make it happen :top: :rockon:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
All this whining back and forth even on my account is making it less and less feasible to even make the trip.....Without the big guys having any real info on the subject I dont see the point of this thread at all....Face it, we all want to go, but from the looks of it, noone wants to make the drive....Its not about gas, its about friendship, and the few things we have in common, like the trucks, and the bond we all share as brothers and sisters.....I made a obligation to drive 16 hours to a location without even thinking twice about it....some of you are complaining about 8-10 hours.....Again, the closest X-fest in my backyard was a 14 hour drive.....We need Klint, Steven, Lucke, David, Spyder and Jason to brainstorm and see if they can get something going. Afterall Its those guys that put the events together for us to even enjoy.....I'll retract all of my own previous statements....I want to go to "a" xfest.....but make it fun for everyone else as well.....I dont think it would be fun, if some of the guys and girls find it a drone and a chore to make the drive. :frown:

I will go if its close enough and feasible enough to go...I dont know about some of you, but I have dedication and I want to meet some of you people...:rock: So lets make it happen :top: :rockon:

Got me feeling all tingley reading that. I second what he said! I am pretty sure that someone had to mention this before, but why don't we split it up? XFE, XFW, and XFC. That way every one can join in. Regardless of where we go, and what we do, it will take time and money. I say make what you can, and don't what you cannot. If you are going to make a long drive, PM someone that you could meet up with along the way. That way, you aren't so alone.

Grumpy

Reaction score
I voted for West Texas/ New Mexico, its about half way point between SoCal and Louisianna. A good compromise, distant and time wise. I realize that it put more burdance on the NorCal peeps, sorry. For those that really want to attend, they will make it happen. We have a badass vehicle right? Why not embrace the open road, blue sky, and cool breeze. Strech your right leg a little bit and put the pedal to the metal. Okay...you can argue that there's nothing to do there (no offense KETCHUP). I say so what! It not the place that make the event, its the people. People with common interest....people that have/had badass 'Taco (didn't forget you PR/4x4 peeps and those that move on)

If you want 'Vegas, go to Vegas. You can go there anytime of the year. As Jason said, trying to accomodate a large group in that city is a major chores.

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Thread has been renamed for the NEXT X-FEST event. People are getting too hung up on X-Fest West. The event will take place where we can get the best turnout. :top:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't care where it is. I want to go, and am going to go. Give me a time & place XrunnIT and we can roll in together. I am pretty sure a few other Houston guys would be more than happy to do the same. So let's decide already where we are going to make this happen.

THE MACF

Reaction score
What he said. I had plans to go this year but don't think I will make it since I'll be gone. However, if I am here I will be going. There are people on here that I want to meet and I love to roadtrip. I have no problem driving by myself and actually like it sometimes. If I can pickup a few of the Louisiana guys on the way then even better. After that, we can pick up some of the Texas guys on the way to AZ/NM. We can have a bunch of mini meets on the way to the big meet:top: The trip there is usually almost as much fun as the event itself.

BlackCat

Reaction score
Thread has been renamed for the NEXT X-FEST event. People are getting too hung up on X-Fest West. The event will take place where we can get the best turnout. :top:

Sounds good... With that in mind, can we eliminate the poll at the top of the thread since many of the locations listed in it may now be irrelevant ? I'm seeing ppl still voting for locations listed in it that are now off the scope... thx ! :top:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom