Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Next XFest: When and Where ?

Where Should XFW 2009 Be ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyder327

Reaction score
when is XFW usually happen? like generally what month? so i have more of an idea concerning school....work other stuff.

Last year it was in May. I'd guess it'll be around april/may this year if all goes well.

there's snow falling on my screen....anyone else see that?

http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=21913

IDK if they move it over more towards socal thats cool, but I believe the Texas Lousiana Gulf coast guys deserve an XFEST.

I think the location will ultimately be decided for this year and future year's based on who has the highest turnout, rather than just who has more members in what location. Cali didn't have a good turnout at all last time around, so i think it's not fair to bring it closer to them simply due to more members being there. Other areas should get chances and bring a good amount of people to the meet

CaliKnightRider

Reaction score
i know who wants to be in cali, NOT ME!!!!!! lol but being that i am stuck here, i guess i choose cali. but im up for whatever

ICEMAN

"I drive in the dirt"
Reaction score
I know I have had close to 20 trucks at my house for a local AZ meet. How many from TX (or anywhere else for that matter) would come to Tucson or Phoenix?

lenie03

Reaction score
And Tahoe is about 12 hours from the Phoenix crew, and 14 from the Tucson guys, I think that may be a bit too far for them.

I think the location will ultimately be decided for this year and future year's based on who has the highest turnout, rather than just who has more members in what location. Cali didn't have a good turnout at all last time around, so i think it's not fair to bring it closer to them simply due to more members being there. Other areas should get chances and bring a good amount of people to the meet

Not to sound like a hater or anything but I drove 12+ hours last year with Brett, the way I'm looking at the whole thing is like this;
1) turn out is a must so it needs to be in a place that will bring in a crowd and be some what of a central location to make that happen.
2) Even though the AZ crew were in numbers last year it wasn't that long of a drive for them. Sure it was longer then So CAL peeps who didn't so but like Mike said SO CAL peeps are lazy.
3) I know a few people in Washington wanted to go last year but couldn't because it would of been a 20+ hour drive for them and I know that my 12+ hour drive was pushing the limit I will drive just for a weekend.
4) This is X-fest WEST that is in the planning stages not X-Fest Southwest so why move the place further away from Washington and Oregon then last years was they are on the West Coast.
5) I'm saying it right now if the location is more then a 12-15 hour drive away you can more then likely count out anyone that falls into that category.
6) I know not everyone can be pleased with the location and I'm not asking for it to. I am however saying that if you want to call it X-Fest WEST it should be on the West coast. If you want it in TX, NM, East AZ then call it something else like X-Fest Southwest or X-fest Central US.

That's just how I feel about the subject right now and where this discussion is going.

trd_sport

Reaction score
I know I have had close to 20 trucks at my house for a local AZ meet. How many from TX (or anywhere else for that matter) would come to Tucson or Phoenix?
I wouldnt mind goijng to Tuscon since I have a family member there, which anyone could crash at the house to save on hotel since driving there would cost alot in gas. If we had xfest in Houston nobody would show from out of state because it would too far. Thats why we say Elpaso...its still a good 8hrs for most in Texas. It would be about the same distance for the socal/arizona guys.

edit: On second thought...I think The Texas crew and the lousiana people need to have our own party....nobody seems to want us around anyways lol. The thing is we want to get to meet other groups. So just put it on the WEST coast and be done with it. Even if we called ours Xfest Southwest...I think we would still try to make it a middle ground for other guys to be able and have the chance to show. Its not right IMO to have only an XFEST EAST and an XFEST WEST. That leaves the entire midwest out of it. We have plenty of large meets here in Texas and only NST and TOYOTA TERRITORY have sponsored them. It would be nice if we could other vendors on the site to have a representation at our meets as well, but unless its catergorized as an XFEST event we wont. I dont really care where its at right now. If we had XFESTWEST/SOUTHWEST in Houston how many people from the western most states would show?

Last edited:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Not to sound like a hater or anything but I drove 12+ hours last year with Brett, the way I'm looking at the whole thing is like this;
1) turn out is a must so it needs to be in a place that will bring in a crowd and be some what of a central location to make that happen.
2) Even though the AZ crew were in numbers last year it wasn't that long of a drive for them. Sure it was longer then So CAL peeps who didn't so but like Mike said SO CAL peeps are lazy.
3) I know a few people in Washington wanted to go last year but couldn't because it would of been a 20+ hour drive for them and I know that my 12+ hour drive was pushing the limit I will drive just for a weekend.
4) This is X-fest WEST that is in the planning stages not X-Fest Southwest so why move the place further away from Washington and Oregon then last years was they are on the West Coast.
5) I'm saying it right now if the location is more then a 12-15 hour drive away you can more then likely count out anyone that falls into that category.
6) I know not everyone can be pleased with the location and I'm not asking for it to. I am however saying that if you want to call it X-Fest WEST it should be on the West coast. If you want it in TX, NM, East AZ then call it something else like X-Fest Southwest or X-fest Central US.

That's just how I feel about the subject right now and where this discussion is going.

Ok, first and foremost, Ill throw in my own pennies here......Who gets the right to "assume" that there is an Xfest west "automatically" as was in this thread....I dont think it is rightfully fair to have an Xfest west and Xfest east every year, and the northern and southern guys get the shaft.....I have no qualms against a somewhat lengthy cruise to a site as long as its convoyed or something to a degree and not a solo drive....That sucks.....Pretty much no matter which way you look at it, there is always going to be someone getting the shaft when it comes to the travel arrangements, Id have made xfest east last year had I not had last minute expenses come up, and poor extra planning on my account. but that was going to be a 14 hour drive for me, and even west texas will be a 16 hour drive for me....and my brothers and sisters down here. I am not mad, or anything of the sort, but I would as well as a bunch of other guys like to get together and not have to piss away an entire day driving just to get there and have to take a nap :frown: Xfest west, should be xfest west...I will agree but if it is allowed to a more central location, so be it, I will push the issue if I can make the trip! So when is Xfest south?

Some of us do not get to make the "annual" Xfest trip because its pretty much assumed, hey xfest west and east is this or next year....Lets make it fair guys!

Last edited:

XrunnIT

Reaction score

1. We are trying to find a central location for the majority of active members.
2. SoCal had a lot of people wanting to go, and talked about going, but never showed up. Flakey, more then lazy.
3. 12 hours is a decent drive for just a weekend trip no doubt about it. But using Tahoe, your forcing 15+ members to make that drive so you are now potentially trading 15+ members for 4-5.
4. While this topic did start as XFW planning, it is evolving based on member interest, so a name change may be needed depending on the location to help ease some of the confusion.
5. I would say 8-10 hours is probably the limit for most (not all) for a weekend trip.

As you already stated, we cannot please everybody, its just not possible. It is likely that the event will become an XFSW vs XFW. Cali and TX are pretty much playing tug of war right now on where they want the event. And unfortunately for Cali, they talked a lot last year, and flaked out (not all were intentional, and legit things to come up). So a more central location for AZ and TX seems more appropriate. If an XFSW does happen, then the next XFW event will probably head back to the coast.

Ok, first and foremost, Ill throw in my own pennies here......Who gets the right to "assume" that there is an Xfest west "automatically" as was in this thread....I dont think it is rightfully fair to have an Xfest west and Xfest east every year, and the northern and southern guys get the shaft.....I have no qualms against a somewhat lengthy cruise to a site as long as its convoyed or something to a degree and not a solo drive....That sucks.....Pretty much no matter which way you look at it, there is always going to be someone getting the shaft when it comes to the travel arrangements, Id have made xfest east last year had I not had last minute expenses come up, and poor extra planning on my account. but that was going to be a 14 hour drive for me, and even west texas will be a 16 hour drive for me....and my brothers and sisters down here. I am not mad, or anything of the sort, but I would as well as a bunch of other guys like to get together and not have to piss away an entire day driving just to get there and have to take a nap :frown: Xfest west, should be xfest west...I will agree but if it is allowed to a more central location, so be it, I will push the issue if I can make the trip! So when is Xfest south?

Some of us do not get to make the "annual" Xfest trip because its pretty much assumed, hey xfest west and east is this or next year....Lets make it fair guys!

This is a very valid point. In the past there hasn't been many members from the south or north. It wasn't until this year that we've had a lot of new groups form, and in somewhat large numbers.

In XFW 07, the event was in ATL, which was closer for the south members. At that time we didn't have that many members as XRU was only about 7-8 months old. As XRU grows, and more members become active. We will look alternate locations. In the end, its not about XFW or XFE, its about the XRU members. :rock:

Spyder327

Reaction score

I think everyone is getting a little too caught in the "title" of the meet going on here. Theo reason it was even originally stated as "x-fest west" was to break it apart from the other annual XRU meet going on at the other side of the u.s.

Look at where XFE has been held though, it has nothing to do with whether it's a coastal state or not. We simply choose an area that seems like it will have the best turnout and activities to do.

I'm sure that if XRU had the financials and time, Klint would have a southwest, northeast, etc. but that is just not feasible. The end result right now is simply having 2 annual meets spread out so that more people have a chance to end one.

I'm really happy that Lenie and Brett made that long drive to havasu for the last meet, but the problem is that no one else near that direction (especially those MUCH closer) came down for it, so it seems illogical to place a meet in a location next to those who didn't attend the last one. It really does suck that we can't make everyone happy by choosing a perfect location, but unfortunately that's how it is and we really have to choose the area that (based on member activities and last year's meet) will elicit the best possible attendance. Lenie, if there's truly a lot of interest from washington/oregon, get those members to speak up and try to help push for it to be somewhere else. I'm all for going wherever ends up being the best.

That being said, my personal thoughts are that SoCal should be out for this year, Vegas will be too difficult to hold a group and please those under 21, and that we should have it somewhere outside of Arizona since it was here last time. My vote right now is going to West Texas.

Super Werty

Reaction score
I think we could get the biggest group in west texas too, but seriously....name one thing we could do out there, besides meeting up and talking:laugh:

lenie03

Reaction score
That being said, my personal thoughts are that SoCal should be out for this year, Vegas will be too difficult to hold a group and please those under 21, and that we should have it somewhere outside of Arizona since it was here last time. My vote right now is going to West Texas.

What about Utah? Not sure what there's is to do there but it is just about in the center of all the western states (see map if you dont believe me)

And if does end up being in west texas even though the weather would be hot I think a summer bash would let the younger guys/girls who are in school be able to join the fun and since the planning is still in crawling mood give more people time to ask for the time off of work if need be.

Attachments

• StateImageMap.jpg
    StateImageMap.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 76

Spyder327

Reaction score
I would have nothing against going to Utah depending on the interest level of the other surrounding states on going there as well.

Part of the problem is that i don't think we have that many members from the other states around there besides to coastal ones.

DanNolan

Reaction score
Who lives in Utah? Pointless holding the meet in a location no one lives.

If you want to make the event universal, should move it to where the interest is. Lower AZ or west Texas is a good central location for all but 1 or 2 north members, and last I checked no one here is from Utah...would be holding it in a location where there really is nothing to do.

I was talking with some guys a couple nights ago about El Paso. Threw some ideas out about a few days of cruising, drinking, a couple planned events, etc.

I thought it would be cool to meet in numbers in El Paso, drink some beer, shake hands, whatever.

Get on the road from there and cruise into late evening to San Antonio. Do the drinking thing again, hit up a restaurant, etc. Camp out there for the night.

Next morning go to the water park in San Antonio, leave mid afternoon and drive through to houston (couple hours drive). Eat dinner and head out to the drag strip everyone wants to race on, drink after, sleep there or drive back to san antonio. Next morning, people head their own way.

The whole idea behind it is to get things to do, do what most of us love (drive), give people a chance to race their trucks on a low altitude strip, and have something other than drinking and sitting around to do.

Hell, I know a lot of you guys arent big into camping, but out in Texas, there's plenty places 50 trucks and 100 people can set up a camp. That could be something different, a camp out in el paso!

BlackCat

Reaction score
Utah sounds interesting, but the problem with it is just getting there. If you're not in Vegas or SoCal (and can get to I-15), Utah doesn't have any easy ways for the rest of us to get there ... :dontknow:

DanNolan

Reaction score
Utah sounds interesting, but the problem with it is just getting there. If you're not in Vegas or SoCal (and can get to I-15), Utah doesn't have any easy ways for the rest of us to get there ... :dontknow:

For those in East Texas, Houston, Dallas, etc, Utah is out of the question, at over 30hrs of driving. For those in west texas, Utah is STILL a major road trip at over 20 hrs.

I know this is an asshole thing to say...but why make that kinda switch to accommodate 2 members which pushes a good 20 others up past 20 hrs of driving. I understand the last meet organized for So Cal members who didnt attend....this meet at least make it a possibility that the state in this catchment area with the most members has a chance of attending (Texas is a part of the Western grouping, So Cal is not).

If its in texas, I and several others will make the drive, and with it being in El Paso, its central between those in california and those in texas. I know its same state, but texas is frickin huge.

On a site note, if its in El Paso, I think there are maybe 20 members spread out through texas and another 10 or so in Louisiana, and some of us will me making that drive. I will!

CosmosX_az

"Magic Carpet"
Reaction score
drink some beer, shake hands, whatever.

Get on the road from there

^^^^^that sounds safe.......

We need a "destination"..... As in a place where everyone can pull in and not worry about drivin or anything for the weekend. Except for a cruise or car show.... X-Fests are meet and greets mainly and putting faces to names.. The last thing I wnat to do after a long drive is ,,,, drive some moore.......

XrunnIT

Reaction score
I think we could get the biggest group in west texas too, but seriously....name one thing we could do out there, besides meeting up and talking:laugh:

While this wouldn't benefit you too much..

One possibility is coordinating with the local SCCA club for a hosted auto-x event. It will give everybody a chance to experience autox, and see what their truck's limits are, as well as their own driving skills.

Just an option. Could always do like they did at the XFE events, and have a go-kart tournament. Just because its not a tourist location, doesn't mean that there is nothing to do.

DanNolan

Reaction score
not everyone here drinks excessively and then attempts to drive. Provided its not excessive, not while driving, and is done slowly, there's no major issues involved.

I would share a beer, but only one if im driving. I think a good thing to do would be to get ketchup to figure out what we can do in his home town. Other than that, move it north to area 51. I wanna see ET.

^^^^^that sounds safe.......

We need a "destination"..... As in a place where everyone can pull in and not worry about drivin or anything for the weekend. Except for a cruise or car show.... X-Fests are meet and greets mainly and putting faces to names.. The last thing I wnat to do after a long drive is ,,,, drive some moore.......
in reply to this.

Last edited:

gregincali

Reaction score
What about Laughlin. A little bit of everything for everyone. The wife unit and me stoped for a night on the way back from XFW last year. We had a blast. We rented a seado Caught a show did some gambling. Like I said a little of everything for everybody.

Last edited by a moderator:

DanNolan

Reaction score
That pushes it back to SoCal and eliminates any east Texas people from attending.

What about Laughlin. A little bit of everything for everyone. The wife unit and me stoped for a night on the way back from XFW last year. We had a blast. We rented a seado Caught a show did some gambling. Like I said a little of everything for everybody.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom