Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Nitrous Bottle Mounting Poll

Nitrous Bottle Mount Poll

• Total voters

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
The two options are...

1. Mounted on the subx as shown in the picture.
2. Sideways on the floor behind the passenger seat.

I am torn, they both have their advantages and disadvantages.

What do you guys think?

xnitrous.jpg

bottlebracket1.JPG

bottlebracket2.JPG

bottlebracket3.JPG

bottlebracket4.jpg

bottlebracket5.jpg

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Don't you dare drill into that SubXclosure :ahhhhh:

That must be at your job... I see Windows :hahaha:

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Personally I'd look to hide it somewhere.....I would avoid drawing unwanted attention to it. That's just my personal opinion though. :top:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Personally I'd look to hide it somewhere.....I would avoid drawing unwanted attention to it. That's just my personal opinion though. :top:

You can not see through the glass in my truck in the middle of day.

I agree, this is a disadvantage. The bottle would not be in the truck all the time either.

Don't you dare drill into that SubXclosure :ahhhhh:

That must be at your job... I see Windows :hahaha:

Drill the subx or drill the floor; hmmm....

Last edited:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Haven't you already drilled the floor for your amp(s) ? What's a few more tiny holes? :laugh:

those are tiny holes, these are bigger holes.... lol.

I figured if I used 1/2" corse thread I could drill into the subx like that.

OR... I could drill all the way through and washer/nut it/seal it with some goo. :top:

dak-rt-2a-XR

Banned
Reaction score
I vote the floor...

we talked about it last night but I thought of something...if your valve or seal or anything gives thats shooting straight at your windshield!

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
those are tiny holes, these are bigger holes.... lol.

I figured if I used 1/2" corse thread I could drill into the subx like that.

OR... I could drill all the way through and washer/nut it/seal it with some goo. :top:

:frown: ok, you win, lol. I still vote floor though, for the other reasons listed.

Plus, if the bottle won't be in all the time, won't it be easier to conceal the lines if it's just sitting behind the seat?

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I vote the floor...

we talked about it last night but I thought of something...if your valve or seal or anything gives thats shooting straight at your windshield!

either out the windshield which is just a glass claim, or through the access cab door :laugh:.

A valve failure like that is very unlikely.

RedXr

Reaction score
I have seen you do some unique work DS, I know you can come up with something better then those options.....:biggrin:

Vince77

Reaction score
How about on the side of the box, on the passenger side. Then you can still reach the valve easily.

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
On the Subx just seems like a bad idea in case of a wreck it could be not so friendly, also like someone else mention bottle failure(whic I know is unlikely) but still.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
On the Subx just seems like a bad idea in case of a wreck it could be not so friendly, also like someone else mention bottle failure(whic I know is unlikely) but still.

If the subX moves in a wreck I have a bigger issue then the nitrous bottle.

Elaborate more on your accident theory (in all seriousness).

The bottle valve shooting off isn't happening.

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
you might want to talk to me about the subX before you drill into the top, there is more than foam between that top and the MDF. There is a curved baffle to give the foam its shape., now the Gen 2 box has a solid top :wink:

i think you would destroy the top of the box doing that

Justin

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
you might want to talk to me about the subX before you drill into the top, there is more than foam between that top and the MDF. There is a curved baffle to give the foam its shape., now the Gen 2 box has a solid top :wink:

i think you would destroy the top of the box doing that

Justin

I can guarantee that there is a bolt long enough to do the job. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

But you have a PM.

Sub Zero

Reaction score
Dont mount it sideways. I was reading up on nitrous a while back and it said to not mount it sideways because under heavy acceleration it does something to make it run too rich or too lean(cant remember which).:dontknow:

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
my vote was behind the seat...but would be cool if you hid it underneath the rear seats in the compartment...although I see that the bottle is a lot bigger than the compartment it would be cool to see no bottle but pour on the power while being stealth...:biggrin:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Dont mount it sideways. I was reading up on nitrous a while back and it said to not mount it sideways because under heavy acceleration it does something to make it run too rich or too lean(cant remember which).:dontknow:

The liquid is always forced to the back of the bottle on accel (in this case the one side), if you rotate the bottle slightly to point the dip tube toward the back side a little bit u wont have an issue.

Top Bottom