Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NO boost.....URD MK1

Gadget

Reaction score
What is BPV and can you post a picture of where it is actually connected?

Dimebag

Reaction score
Alright...So I made a quick 4 minute video today to show the issue....Not the greatest but u get the idea, apologize for the weird buzzing around 2 min in , damn phone was vibrating like crazy for some reason lol.....

https://youtu.be/kTVUweLMWCE

Concerns, answers, options lol.....

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok. So the bypass valve, boost gauge, and maf cal are all tapped into the vacuum line coming off of the port right after the throttle body. Got it now.

Dimebag

Reaction score
Ok. So the bypass valve, boost gauge, and maf cal are all tapped into the vacuum line coming off of the port right after the throttle body. Got it now.

Yes sir, u got it......

Gadget

Reaction score
Well, it seems the vacuum lines are correct.

G

Dimebag

Reaction score
Lol, now that we have that established.....what's the next plan of attack here ;)

justin13703

Reaction score
First off, thanks for the pictures and the video. It's nice when someone actually puts a little effort into getting help lol

It could be the video, but it definitely didn't sound right. My mk1 made a very noticeable whistle at idle and when shifting made a loud "whoosh" noise. I didn't hear any of that in the video. It was even more pronounced when I had the c38 unit on there, but the old c30 sounded like that too.

On another note, my truck pulled about -26 on the vacuum at idle. Not necessarily related, but it was just another thing I noticed.

You're absolutely, 100% sure that the bypass valve is closing like it should?

The only other thing I could think of, and gadget would know more if its even possible, is if there is actually a problem with the supercharger unit, and the impeller either isn't spinning or isn't spinning like it should.

Last edited:

Gadget

Reaction score
Take off the intake and have someone crank the engine and see if the impeller is spinning when the engine cranks.

If you unplug the MAF Sensor it should start up and idle without the intake on, but do not drive it like that.

G

Dimebag

Reaction score
How will I be able to see the impeller spinning when the intake is in the front? Are u talking about disconnecting the entire intake pipe that's attached to the S/C...forgive me if I'm confused lol...

@Justin, thanks man, If asking for help u should always try to give the best info possible ;)....

justin13703

Reaction score
How will I be able to see the impeller spinning when the intake is in the front? Are u talking about disconnecting the entire intake pipe that's attached to the S/C...forgive me if I'm confused lol...

@Justin, thanks man, If asking for help u should always try to give the best info possible ;)....

You'll have to take the intake tube off of the sc and lean down in there and look. It'll be a weird angle to see into since the impeller faces the firewall. But you should be able to see in there with that tube removed.

Dimebag

Reaction score
Sweet....should be easy with a flashlight and perhaps small mirror.

Key word, should haha...I'll keep u guys updated. Thanks again...

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
How'd we do? Everything check out?

Dimebag

Reaction score
Haven't had a chance...I hope to get on it today or tomorrow.

Dimebag

Reaction score
Talk about a freaking kick to the nuts. I want to literally beat the shit out of the dealer who soldelse this truck. I've had to do a shit ton of work to get this truck running decent and only to find out, I have the world most expensive cold air intake system......

I can only blame myself though in the end, I should have known better. I always knew it wasn't running right and glad I finally know what the issue is....never in a million years would I have thought the damn impeller would be missing...

Uggghhh...

Ok, how much to get a damn impeller installed and rebuilt for this thing?

Attachments

• Resized_20160713_202925.jpg
    Resized_20160713_202925.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 141

Dimebag

Reaction score
What size snail came with the original mk1 kit? NOw I have no choice but to get the turbo setup in my 240 running to drive when the x runner goes down for the count....damnit

Gadget

Reaction score
So the impeller is missing? That means someone knew that it snapped off and took the compressor cover off, removed it and put it back together to hide it.

Bad news is that it is NFG. You will need to replace the supercharger with a new unit. Good news is URD has a few on hand....

G

Dimebag

Reaction score
No bueno, what size can be ran with the setup I have now.

Top Bottom