Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

no power during take off

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
need some help guys.
the Oil control valve was replaced and I still had the same problems so back to the dealership I went.
the dealership is telling me that my ultragauge is the cause of all my problems
is this a possibility or just some crap to irritate me?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Unplug it and see if the problem goes away. That is a simple test. It'd be quite the anomaly if it were the Ultragauge.

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
will update in a week or so I guess lol
im just a little uneasy about the whole situation now

GrumpyOldMan

Reaction score
need some help guys.
the Oil control valve was replaced and I still had the same problems so back to the dealership I went.

SERIOUSLY?

I don't see HOW an OBD-II monitor could cause issues.....would remove it, drive it a bit and if it does it again take it back - without UG connected and see what they say then...

Dave

butters607

Reaction score
Tell them they are ****ing nut jobs a diagnostic scan tool is not causing the vehicle to mess up. What they are trying to do is pawn of the issue because they can't find it easily and no one wants to take the time to fins the issue...

justin13703

Reaction score
need some help guys.

Man when I had my truck at the dealership when the transmission was going out, I shit you not, they blamed the problem on my boost gauge, radio, subwoofer, lowering kit, and called my FACTORY engine fan an "aftermarket cooling fan" because it has a pink disc on it, like all of them do.

My experience with Toyota is that if you take a vehicle to them and it has ANY kind of modification on it, even if it is not even remotely related to your problem, they will absolutely fight you to the death about it. Even though my truck was under warranty at the time, and after 6 months, a lawyer, and getting corporate involved, they still refused to fix my truck. Gadget was the one that saved my ass. Not Toyota.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
It's a load of BS. The ultraguage is just READING your ecu....It's not sending anything back to it. They're probably dumb enough to think it's a Bullydog or something like that. Dealerships do this all the time. Unfortunately no matter how you slice it you're out of warranty (years considering it's an 07) so you can't refer them to the Magnuson-Moss Act. Just take the gauge out and bring it back. The problem will still exist and the gauge won't be there for them to blame it on. Or bring it to a local shop you trust more than Toyota. Now that my truck is out of warranty it will never see the Toyota dealership again.

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
ok so the gauge is def not the problem. went out and picked it up and once again it wouldn't start.
I demanded they replace my ECM but they are refusing to do so. ( ECM has a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty)
so now im waiting to hear from them but im afraid im going to have to call corporate and I really don't want to do that since my Brother is their general sales manager but this is ridiculous and the service department is making no attempt to perform their duty so really idk what else to do

chatt x

Reaction score
Hate to say this as you are sick of dealing with the dealers, but do you have another dealer remotely close? I have had dealer issues before and went from one to another that was willing to do more than the first. Just a suggestion.

justin13703

Reaction score
ok so the gauge is def not the problem. went out and picked it up and once again it wouldn't start.
I demanded they replace my ECM but they are refusing to do so. ( ECM has a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty)
so now im waiting to hear from them but im afraid im going to have to call corporate and I really don't want to do that since my Brother is their general sales manager but this is ridiculous and the service department is making no attempt to perform their duty so really idk what else to do

I called corporate when I was going through my bs with the dealership. In a nutshell, what the lady at corporate told me was "we agree with you but we aren't going to do anything about it". Dead serious man. I love my truck but I can tell you that because of the way they treated me, and it seems like they have the same attitude with you, this is the last Toyota vehicle I will ever own in my lifetime. The problem is they're pretty much the biggest vehicle manufacturer on the planet. Why would they worry about losing my or your business, in the time it takes them to have an argument with you they've sold another 100,00 vehicles. They'd rather just tell you to piss off

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
^ I know exactly where youre coming from and its irritating but really at the moment its completely out of my hands so im thinking in a week ill have a legitimate answer to my issues or I may have to let the truck go or maybe tear it down and build it back better but at the moment id rather just have it fixed lol

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
If you are in fact within warranty, look up the Magnuson-Moss act. May not get you anywhere but it's good to be armed with all the right info.

justin13703

Reaction score
I can't see cause I'm on my phone, but what mods do you have done to the truck? Is the gauge the only thing they were trying to blame it on?

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
no they blamed it on my fuel pump, fuel pressure gauge, afr gauge, fog light mod, 20in light bar, after market head lights, led brake light strip, and one of their mechanics went as far as to say it was all the aftermarket parts I have and that it was my problem to fix. I run a 4.5in lift and full exhaust but I unplugged the URD 02 sim before I took it there

justin13703

Reaction score
Yeah man they're not gonna fix it. Now you should do what I did, which is bother them and piss them off so much that they wish they would have just fixed it in the first place. It made me feel a little better at least lol

You can try a different dealership, but if they know you're gonna do that they will just put out some kind of notification on your vin number. They did that with me too. They told me that any further correspondence for warranty work of any kind on a vehicle with my vin number will be automatically declined and not looked into further. Essentially they voided the remainder of my warranty because I made them look like jackasses. Not even close to legal, but lucky for them I didn't have the money to take them to court.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
You have an upgraded fuel pump, and a gauge. Where is the gauge?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
So when you're turning over the engine, trying to start it, what is the fuel pressure?

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
Between 50-60 psi.
Never seen it drop below during this whole episode
My a/fR is always somewhere around 14.5 as well, when it's running that is

Top Bottom