Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NST Drift event/Tex Fest?????

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
So...I have been talking to Grumpy, which is usually a bad idea...:crinklehair: And we have been toying around with the idea of me going to to Tex Fest with him...Not in his truck... but mine:top:

and wouldn't you know...NST is hosting a Drift event on that Sunday...So XR drifting, during text fest...IDK about you, but i has a down. :blurock:

This is still just an idea...I am in school, so i would need to work things out with my Instructor. And then there is of course... funds...$$$$ Gas...tires....grumpy says he can take care of me during parts of the lodging aspect of it. Also, i know there are ALOT of BA trucks out in Houston, and im supposed to be picking up a blower from one of them in the near future...:biggrin: I could save on shipping, and just grab it while i'm there....Toon? :smile:

Along with the oblivious aspect of Drifting, which i love...there seems to be alot of XR's in Houston, and a few very BA Pre-Runners, that i would love to see in person. Maybe a ride along...:biggrin:

I don't have a cage in my truck, so i cant do the $3k pursed event, but i can still do the practice/exhibition runs...I think it would be rather cool, since NST is one of the sites sponsors, to actually have a X-Runner out there sliding...:top:

i know this is rather late...but i just realized that two potentially epic events line up on the same weekend and i've always wanted to go to one of the X fest....this might be one of those moments, that if i don't do it...im going to regret it, big time. :biggrin: #1 thing holding me back from doing this..., is checking with my instructor, and making sure this is ok with him... dont wanna fall behind/fail at school

Grumpy

Reaction score
My name is Grumpy, and I approve this message.

tumbsup.png

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
My name is Grumpy, and I approve this message.

tumbsup.png

of course you do....it was your Grand idea!!!!

------------------------------------

Maybe NST could chime in on this, anything i should do to my truck, to make sure it passes tech, trouble free?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I second this. Also helped with the influence. Just not near ar much. Lol

Toon714

Reaction score
u should come down bro!
would be nice to meet u in person.
and yes u can pick up the blower if u come to texfest. :top:

grumpy a evil man. he planted the work crag sk5 into my head and i bought them! lol jk
grumpys a bad ass homie to know.:top:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
u should come down bro!

grumpy a evil man. he planted the work crag sk5 into my head and i bought them! lol jk

Sweeeet.. Ok, im about to head off to school, and check with my instructor and see what he says, as hes really the final decider in this whole idea.:top:

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
I'd be willing to do it with my truck if it is possible.

Gadget

Reaction score
Sounds like fun.

If it is going to be done Sunday need to firm it up ASAP and set the times. That way I can get my plane ticket scheduled around it.

G

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
I'd be willing to do it with my truck if it is possible.

This. I must see this.

Sounds like fun.

If it is going to be done Sunday need to firm it up ASAP and set the times. That way I can get my plane ticket scheduled around it.

G

I got the OK from the instructor. Green light for this epic Adventure. I wanna get in touch with NST, and make sure there are no issues with a truck "sliding" at their event. I have to crack some skulls before, when I get that typical "no top heavy vehicles truck/suv" BS....:laugh:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another thought...what if we did the blower install, before text fest? That way, I will has boost for the event. which is what I'm used too.

Right now, it looks like ill be heading out there on Tuesday, with Grumpy. We could do the install and set up an appointment with a local stealership and get the reflash done too...

Just a thought... ;)

micpun

Reaction score
i wouldnt mind helping out with the blower, i'm not voluteering anyone but i know in houston there is quite a few of us who helped put blowers on to tacoma/xrunners so the experience alone will save you time on the install.

ill be down as long as if its not a motor swap.

Sounds like fun.

G

Gadget, you should talk to Matt or Grumpy, I'm pretty sure they specifically scheduled tex-fest in coordination with the NST event. So I imagine those details should have been worked out.

Last edited:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Epic :rockon:

Hope this happens...

its going to be epic...Shooting for TRD blower install on my truck, the Thursday before texfest, Mark and Grumpy will help with that...so i'll actually have forced induction for the Drift event, and should be able to put on a nice smoke show.:blurock::rockon:

Grumpy

Reaction score
of course you do....it was your Grand idea!!!!

10142498.jpg

So...I have been talking to Grumpy, which is usually a bad idea...:crinklehair:

I second this. Also helped with the influence. Just not near ar much. Lol

>__< I've only show you the way. It is you who chose the patch lol.

u should come down bro!

Was it this . . .
star-wars-sitcom-is-no-jedi-mindtrick-545x342.jpg

. . . or this? o_O
Spinning-top-inception.jpg

Sounds like fun.

G

311069_278408885522128_129204447109240_1009634_552105037_n.jpg

Instead of the big dinner being on Saturday, it'll be Sunday instead following this event.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
10142498.jpg

>__< I've only show you the way. It is you who chose the patch lol.

Oh don't worry...its not an insult, if anything, i owe you and Mark big time for helping to make this possible. And of course, Plastique_synthetiX, for sending me out the 3rd member on such short notice. :adore:

I got the green light from Work and School. Tex Fest '11 and NST drift is gonna happen. :top::rockon::blurock: I got the tracking number for my new rear end too. should be here on Friday and it will be in and running by nights end. :smile:

Im going to send the event coordinator an email, just to double check that i can participate in the drift event. :top: Becausedrifttruck.jpg

i wouldnt mind helping out with the blower, i'm not voluteering anyone but i know in houston there is quite a few of us who helped put blowers on to tacoma/xrunners so the experience alone will save you time on the install.

Any help will be appreciated, right now, it looks like Grumpy, torspd and I are gonna be on F/I duty. we probably have it under control, still not 100% on where we are going to do the install, but if you wanna come by, it i dont see any reason why not. In the end, it will come down to who ever pad im doing the install at, decision. More info soon to come....:top:

Last edited:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score

of course you will....:eviltongue: You just wanna go sideways, i can tell.:laugh:

and i guess...Rat Rod has dibs on first ride, since he called it about a half hour ago on FB...:rolleyez:

Top Bottom