Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NST Drift event/Tex Fest?????

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
DAMN, how can I halp make this happen?

Hmmmm....i need RUBBER!!!!:crinklehair:

I have two sets of tires..with SOME tread on them....if any of ya'll got any used tires/stocker rims i could use, possibly destroy the tires on, let me know. :top: I'll pay, of course...lemmie know on tire size and brand...:smile:

I heard back from one of the guys running the NST Drift event, trucks are allowed!!!! So the final piece to the puzzle has fell into place. :biggrin: hes "looking forward to seeing my truck slide"

Registering tomorrow for the event. This shit is going to happen!!!!! Im freakin' getting pumped for this. :rockon:

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Good to hear. If I'm allowed to do it is there a fee you need to pay? I gotta find some spare tires/rims now.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Good to hear. If I'm allowed to do it is there a fee you need to pay? I gotta find some spare tires/rims now.

Its 75 bucks and some change. quoted from the man him self. " To register to drift at the event paypal 75$ plus 3% to erinshill at gmail.com along with your name and contact info, and the event date you are registering for. That is all you need to do. Then just make sure you have a helmet and you are ready to have fun! Look forward to seeing your truck sliding around out there!"

Hope this helps. It would be sweet to have another fellow XRU member sliding out there:top:

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Hmmm....maybe. If I can crash at someones house rather than a hotel then I think I can participate. I also do not own a helmet. :thumbdown:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Hmmm....maybe. If I can crash at someones house rather than a hotel then I think I can participate. I also do not own a helmet. :thumbdown:

Grumpy mentioned that there should be enough helments between most of the members doing the drags on friday. Should be able to borrow one.

Let me get a picture of your 4-Runner or a link to one, i'll ask if its possible for a 4runner to do this:top: Preferably one that shows the ride height...

sdxrunner619

Reaction score

shit....that MIGHT be pushing it, i thought you where lowered...:ahhhhh:... What i'm worried about, while she may feel fine drifting in one direction, i don't know about transitions...she might get a little tippy, all that mass swinging back...IDK, i have never driven one, but just looking at it, they might not be too keen on that...

I have gotten my truck up on three wheels, according to some spectators at the gymkhana...i can only imagine what your MIGHT do...

regardless, i asked for you. Will post results.

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
This just makes the TexFest that much more special. I remember texting Grumpy, early one morning while I was at Panera Bread, saying that it would be awesome if you could come and drift in the event. That he should try to persuade you. My how the snowball has grown...:top:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
This just makes the TexFest that much more special. I remember texting Grumpy, early one morning while I was at Panera Bread, saying that it would be awesome if you could come and drift in the event. That he should try to persuade you. My how the snowball has grown...:top:

awwwweeeeee.... I feel special...:crinklehair:

I'll look for just about any excuse to go drifting, and i was looking for an excuse to go to tex fest...And am buying Toon's blower....funny how it all kinda fell into place. :top:And lord knows, i've been wanting to go on vacation for some time now. and this is going to be my kind of vacation. :rockon:

Toon714

Reaction score
3more weeks till texfest!!!
everybody wash and wax ur truck and buff up them wheels.

NUPEPRIME

Reaction score
Hmmmm....i need RUBBER!!!!:crinklehair:

I have two sets of tires..with SOME tread on them....if any of ya'll got any used tires/stocker rims i could use, possibly destroy the tires on, let me know. :top: I'll pay, of course...lemmie know on tire size and brand...:smile:

I heard back from one of the guys running the NST Drift event, trucks are allowed!!!! So the final piece to the puzzle has fell into place. :biggrin: hes "looking forward to seeing my truck slide"

Registering tomorrow for the event. This shit is going to happen!!!!! Im freakin' getting pumped for this. :rockon:

I have a set of stockers just sitting, Potenzas' player. Willing to loan them to u for Texfest weekend.
Drift away & Stay Tuned.
I may need a little wrenching help :smile:
We can put them on as soon as u hit H-town. let me know..

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
I have a set of stockers just sitting, Potenzas' player. Willing to loan them to u for Texfest weekend.
Drift away & Stay Tuned.
I may need a little wrenching help :smile:
Your awesome bro!:crinklehair:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
So will you be competing?

Competeing for the purse? No, I need a cage for that...I wish...I will still be doing the practice/demo...idk if they allow ride alongs...just a thought...:rockon:

Drift away & Stay Tuned.
I may need a little wrenching help

I'm not a huge fan of the potenzas for drifting...really depends on the price.... ;)

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Homie,

FREE FREE FREE
:eek:verkill:

MFW reading that....

images

Top Bottom