Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Oil Drain Bolt

07XR808

Reaction score
I called up my friend Chris (Mort-Runner) and he told me where it was, but i couldn't find it when i jacked up my truck. Tried looking up the the manual, didn't see it. Also tried downloading the Service Manual from TN, but that didn't work as well. Any help please

blackX

Reaction score
I called up my friend Chris (Mort-Runner) and he told me where it was, but i couldn't find it when i jacked up my truck. Tried looking up the the manual, didn't see it. Also tried downloading the Service Manual from TN, but that didn't work as well. Any help please

sorry but if you cant locate in on your own then i dont think you should be draining it. changing oil is easy but you can mess something up if you dont know what you are doing.

07XR808

Reaction score
sorry but if you cant locate in on your own then i dont think you should be draining it. changing oil is easy but you can mess something up if you dont know what you are doing.

I know bro. I know how to change oil, i've done it before. Just not in this truck yet

stretch200

Reaction score
I kinda agree with blackx. :biggrin: But anyways, there's a big pan under the engine. That's the oil pan. In the center of the pan is a bolt. I think it's near the back. That's the drain plug.

GSX-Runner

Reaction score
Not being able to find your drain plug is one thing, posting it for everyone to know is,,,, well. Keep looking dude, its at the bottom of the oilpan.:dontknow:

07XR808

Reaction score
Hmm maybe i should have actually jacked up my truck before trying to ask dumb questions. thanks though guys

GSX-Runner

Reaction score
No problem, just bustin your balls. That reminds me does anyone know were the drain plug is for the headlight fluid?:dontknow:

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
No problem, just bustin your balls. That reminds me does anyone know were the drain plug is for the headlight fluid?:dontknow:
Yeah you have to take off your windshield and then it's under it.

morcheez

Reaction score
just make sure u arent draining the tranny as many people have done...at least thats what i have read :dontknow:

XrunDan

Reaction score
You guys are all dumb, the oil drain plug is in the hood scoop...sheesh, how do you guys get dressed in the morning.

uh60rotorhead

Reaction score
I thought is was behind the Fuel Sump and to the right of the Pitot Tube and the backup hydrolic pump...:wink:

TACO LIBRE

Reaction score
has anyone had to replace there muffler bearings yet? i think mine are wore out

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
When I replaced my muffler with a Flowmaster, I looked at my stock ones and they were messed pretty messed up. Does anyone know where to get a new schwap rod for these trucks??

Stevenredx

Reaction score
lol... i thought i was the only one with muffler bearing problems

07XR808

Reaction score
Any suggestions for taking off the oil filter? Its impossible to move. Tried to un-screw it by hand (counter-clockwise) as well as using a chain wrench. That didn't do anything

nxrunner

Reaction score
Get a 2 pound hammer and beat it off..... .... but wait, why would you want to remove the oil filter? What the f*#@ is oil?

Top Bottom