Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Oil Drain Bolt

07XR808

Reaction score
Yeah i used the oil wrench and beat the •XR•XR•XR•XR out the handle using a hammer. eventually it budged.

XrunDan

Reaction score
Yeah i used the oil wrench and beat the •XR•XR•XR•XR out the handle using a hammer. eventually it budged.

crazy, thats EXACTLY how they fix the space station in RUSSIA

XR-2K7

Reaction score
so does anyone know the size of the drain plug : example would be
(M20-1.5 threads ) , i just hit 1,000 miles so i didn`t get to change my oil yet but just wondering cause i was going to put a drain valve on there with like a 3 ft hose, my dad hates spilt oil on his brand new f-ing drive way, don`t want to here him bitching :laugh:

hack6500

Reaction score
please don't do it... for the sake of the truck

so does anyone know the size of the drain plug : example would be
(M20-1.5 threads ) , i just hit 1,000 miles so i didn`t get to change my oil yet but just wondering cause i was going to put a drain valve on there with like a 3 ft hose, my dad hates spilt oil on his brand new f-ing drive way, don`t want to here him bitching :laugh:

those things are junk IMHO... with how low the XR sits, your just asking for problems. use the stock drain bolt, and get a tarp out and put it around your work area. Get good at it and you will not drop one drip. seriously... save your money. you don't want to loose your oil, its quite important.

XR-2K7

Reaction score
yeh you right, forgot all about that ,,,if that valve were to break off by hitting something, i would be screwed,, now i just need to go out and get a piece of tarp:top:

nxrunner

Reaction score
I usually grab mine with a large pair of channel locks. I install it by hand but cant ever remove it that way.. LOL

Workman3886

Reaction score
I know this is over 5 years old but I was just busting out laughing, best thread I've seen

dvd0020

Reaction score
Ha. Thanks for the bump. Made me laugh as well. Go with the k&n and you can use a ratchet. Hasn't failed me yet. :top:

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
i secod guessed myself the first time i did mine too but its pretty simple, look for the pan and you'll find your nut :rofl:

SpeedX

Reaction score
This thread is totally hilarious. Reminds me of my first years in the military, which I know for a fact I will never do to other Soldiers as it almost got me in trouble.

madtrucker

Reaction score
This 1 got me laughing too. Where is that blinker fluid reservoir?

Top Bottom