Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ordered Stopping POWA lol!!!

Emanon

Reaction score
Good luck hope they work with you.

I need to do some research to determine if the 40% price increase is worth going with 355 vs 330. Or save a few more bills and grab a rear disk conversion for $900, granted from what I have most say rear disks are not a huge improvement.

Choices...

XRnRElite77

Reaction score
I just checked my email and they asked for my phone number, as far as im concerned its a binding contract, when you make an ad on EBAY or anything for that matter you have to check and double check your listing. Make sure everything is correct. I have paid for the item and they WILL ship me the item at the price.

I even emailed them 4 hours before to ask if it was the correct kit becuase of price and the pic. also about the discription and they replied back with what is stated above so i have done my part...there turn.

Emanon

Reaction score
Because anyone that's not a NOOB will see Donnys post and realize the seller raised the price:top: U can't just read a couple posts and then comment without reading the rest of the comments in the thread.

Yea definitely for sure that is true. Without a doubt that is some seriously sage advice and one would benefit greatly from talking it to heart. Hopefully whatever noob that tried to make you look like a fool cares enough to read it. That would be awesome and totally enrich their life.

XRnRElite77

Reaction score
well got an email back from tom at tundraracing and 6 pistons here they come. they mistakenly marked it for the 4 piston price said it was there fault and they are in the mail. will be here thursday, install maybe friday or sat.

couple questions:
1. when installing the ss brake lines, do you have to bleed the brakes or could you just refill the fluid after the install. not too sure on the install part lol.
2. anyone know the pad number for these, or where to buy new pads, wanna get some better pads.

thanks

blastap

Reaction score
well got an email back from tom at tundraracing and 6 pistons here they come. they mistakenly marked it for the 4 piston price said it was there fault and they are in the mail. will be here thursday, install maybe friday or sat.

couple questions:
1. when installing the ss brake lines, do you have to bleed the brakes or could you just refill the fluid after the install. not too sure on the install part lol.
2. anyone know the pad number for these, or where to buy new pads, wanna get some better pads.

thanks

You might want to have a professional install those. Brakes are not hard but you will need some knowledge or a knowledgeable friend there to help you learn.
They come with h2 pads, you will like them.

XRnRElite77

Reaction score
ive installed the brakeperf rotors and changed the pads, just never messed with lines

Emanon

Reaction score

couple questions:

thanks

That's awesome for them to stand behind their mistake. Grats!

Murderface

Reaction score
You might want to have a professional install those. Brakes are not hard but you will need some knowledge or a knowledgeable friend there to help you learn.
They come with h2 pads, you will like them.

I think they come with ceramic pads which are only good because the don't produce too much dust, other then that ceramic pads suck. Carbon/Kevlar would be the pads that u want and will stop the truck much quicker then ceramic but will create a lot of dust. U could even get semi metallic and be better then ceramic.
Just do some research and u will see that ceramic pads are far from a performance minded pad.

Good luck and make sure u post a lot of pics!

blastap

Reaction score
Yah your right about them being ceramic, but at 200 bux a set I think I'll leave them on there. They work great as is, I hope they won't dust up to bad.

teamben158

Reaction score

Yes, you will have to bleed the brakes. Bleeding gets the air out of the lines when refilling the fluid. Air in brake lines is bad news. It's not difficult to do and I would recommend purchasing a bleeder system. The more manual ones are pretty cheap. There have been a few threads recently on bleeding the brakes and recommendations on what to get to assist you. Here's an example:

http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=36892&highlight=bleeding+brakes

If you're not comfortable doing it, either have a shop install the whole thing or hopefully you have a buddy that could help.

Murderface

Reaction score
Yah your right about them being ceramic, but at 200 bux a set I think I'll leave them on there. They work great as is, I hope they won't dust up to bad.

I think I will end up getting the Tundraracing 332mm BBK for these reasons-upgraded pads from semi metallic to carbon/Kevlar is on $90 for the set and rotors are from a Lexus is350 which u can get any replacement rotor(slotted/cross drilled and slotted or just drilled) for up to $350 for the pair.
Ya it's only a 2 piston but hey it's cheaper and cheaper parts. If I had some more cash and didn't need brakes like yesterday I'd be sportin some awesome brakes like u guys!

Great find on the Rotora 6 pot bro:rock:

teamben158

Reaction score
I think I will end up getting the Tundraracing 332mm BBK for these reasons-upgraded pads from semi metallic to carbon/Kevlar is on $90 for the set and rotors are from a Lexus is350 which u can get any replacement rotor(slotted/cross drilled and slotted or just drilled) for up to $350 for the pair.
Ya it's only a 2 piston but hey it's cheaper and cheaper parts. If I had some more cash and didn't need brakes like yesterday I'd be sportin some awesome brakes like u guys!

Great find on the Rotora 6 pot bro:rock:

The 2 piston calipers are SSBC ones though right? I haven't read anything on the kit for the Tacoma, but I know a bunch of people were unhappy with a similar kit on the tC, back when I had one.

Murderface

Reaction score
The 2 piston calipers are SSBC ones though right? I haven't read anything on the kit for the Tacoma, but I know a bunch of people were unhappy with a similar kit on the tC, back when I had one.

I know someone that has the same setup(boost and suspension) on an X that has the same kit I'm looking at getting. He hauls a lot of shit and is very satisfied with the Tundraracing BBK:top:

teamben158

Reaction score
I know someone that has the same setup(boost and suspension) on an X that has the same kit I'm looking at getting. He hauls a lot of shit and is very satisfied with the Tundraracing BBK:top:

Nice, thanks for the info. I'm not planning on tracking my truck, but mainly just hate the look of the stock brake set up (can deal with it with stock wheels though) and they are a little weak. The 2 piston seems like it would work for covering both of those and will save quite a bit of coin over the 4 or 6 piston set up.

XRnRElite77

Reaction score
I was looking at the SSBC brake setup a while ago and was going to go this route, but drove in an SRT8 MAGNUM and UM yeah, it was quick and stopped on a dime, it had the upgraded 6 piston and was a very good setup. I agree with the saving of money and i was going to get the ROTORA 4 piston but then i checked ebay and saw this kit and was GAWWD DANG its mine lol. Will be here tomorrow, they tried to deliver today and i was at work, awesome shipping baught yesterday at 330pm and deliver today at 1pm NICE.

Will take pics tomorrow.

XRnRElite77

Reaction score
^^^^ its tru its tru lol, but seriously it was all luck, just happened to decide to check ebay about 10 min before i ordered the 4 piston 332 setup. Finally something good (after all the bad the past couple months) actually happend to my X.

X-roller

Reaction score
I still hate you for having such good luck..... maybe they will accidentally ship it to my house..... :biggrin:

Top Bottom