Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Outburst's Build Thread

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Can you take some pics of your truck with the headlights on?

Nice build bro

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What is this? $957 for what?

BTW - thanks for posting the XRU sticker pic. Always cool to see where they end up! Especially the custom cut ones.

180980_1601981698435_1502867983_31440081_1240359_n.jpg

Outburst

Reaction score
cant wait to see the X sat!!!
Extremely excited about sat! Hope my X lives up to everyone elses!

Can you take some pics of your truck with the headlights on?

Nice build bro
Thanks! I plan on doing a photoshoot this weekend during the meet. At night, I'll do a night time shot with headlights on.

What is this? $957 for what?

BTW - thanks for posting the XRU sticker pic. Always cool to see where they end up! Especially the custom cut ones.
$957 for car registration. Next month is my insurance which is going to be $1200. Pretty scary stuff this coming 2 months.

The XRU sticker is awesome! :top: Thank you for making it for me! Thought i'd be original and put it on the windshield.

butters607

Reaction score
dude that is not a fram oil filter please tell me its not!!!!!!

Outburst

Reaction score
dude that is not a fram oil filter please tell me its not!!!!!!
It is! It was on sale at the time and I had no cash. :thumpdown: I'm a cheapass and I usually get the cheapest oilfilter.

Is there an oilfilter I'm supposed to get? Or one you recommend?

holddeez08RR

Reaction score
there are a few oil filters out there that have a valve in them to keep the oil from backing out of the head. I usually use the mobil 1 oil filters with extended performance synthetic oil... but I know that the toyota oil filter and I believe the TRD oil filter also have the valve in them... Say no to dry starts

X-Caliber

Reaction score
I think a DTRL mod would compliment your truck nicely. I did mine for literally less than 5 dollars!

Outburst

Reaction score
Do you have any pics of your lights at dark yet? Thanks
not yet, but ill be doing them soon. we were kicked out of the meet area early so I had to take the 2 hour drive back down a little earlier than expected. i'll post them soon.

I think a DTRL mod would compliment your truck nicely. I did mine for literally less than 5 dollars!
yeah. im planning on doing it very soon and actually plan on doing it the legit toyota way with their harness. that way I can just release the parking break and BAM it's on.

Outburst

Reaction score
i'm going to be reviving this therad. sorry mods! but if any mods can move this therad to the build area, that'd be great.

i'll be reviving it to keep track of my own build. i have a lot of mods thats going to be going in very soon. can't wait to update it fully.

i laugh at the ridiculousness i showed before. oh geez. how embarassing.

but a small teaser for myself and others
2013-05-03%2020.57.49.jpg

Last edited:

dramad1

Reaction score
i'm going to be reviving this therad. sorry mods! but if any mods can move this therad to the build area, that'd be great.

i'll be reviving it to keep track of my own build. i have a lot of mods thats going to be going in very soon. can't wait to update it fully.

but a small teaser for myself and others

Can't see the pic.

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score

I don't see how it's embarrassing? lol just look at it as small stepping stones for a build :top:
Everyone has to start somewhere !

Outburst

Reaction score
2013-05-03%2020.57.49.jpg

I do have some long tubes to put in! Sorry. Here's the teaser pic!

I might as well say it. finally got some long tubes, courtesy of butters here. got a wideband to monitor some a/f ratios. and im planning on carefully using the u-tune guide that gadget has to calibrate my maf cal further. i already have a monitor on my computer to watch closed loop. i just need a trusted person to drive my truck up and down an open street at this point.

it's funny how much my modding has change compared to two years ago though. i went from changing silly bulbs on my headlights to now retrofitting, soldering, tuning and bolting on parts. ive never done any of this stuff on my own car before, always had friends do it or help me with it.

i owe a lot to xru and all its members really.

Outburst

Reaction score
ill probably text you then some random day. its been a bit warm so thatll actually throw off the trims. if its a mild day i should keep most of my trims pretty close together.

i already have the basemap for my tcai. so im pretty sure ill only be changing a few of the data fields for the maf cal. i just wanna get the most out of it thats all without going ucon.

Outburst

Reaction score
More teasers.
2013-05-05%2021.30.46.jpg

..and a lot of work cut out for me. wonderful

just waiting on some more parts. extension harness. o2 sim. intake manifold brackets. and qa1s.

Top Bottom