Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

overhead comapass and temp display

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
Does any body know if we can put this thing in the x runner?
I was looking at the overhead console, because my roof seems to have a leak in it.
So i took the whole thing out and noticed that there is a exra set of wires with a plug, that is there. i figured that it was for the temp/compass gauge.
I wanted to know if i can just buy one and plug it in or if it is more complicated than that.
I figure all the trucks come with the same wiring harness but in order for this thing to work youll probably have to get a sensor or sumthing.

what do you guys think?

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Sure can, a temp sensor in the grille and the assembly is all you need.

Too bad its like 1,000 bucks unless you score a good used one.

ThePurge

Reaction score
you need the temp probe up front and the overhead display.
I got the temp probe from the dealer and the display of e-bay for $100.
You are going to pay an arm and a leg if you get the display from the dealer.
I think when i asked it was $800 something

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
so how much was the temp probe?
and where is the wire up front to plug it into?

07SWB

Reaction score
the overhead console is over $900

The ambient air temp sensor behind the grille is like $25 or $30. part number is 88790-22131

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
yea the sernsor is 20 bucks @ my dealer. the display is $125 on ebay.
Im gettin this thing.

Last edited:

joman

Reaction score
i agree with what others have said i asked teh dealer and they charge about 1k for the whole overhead console....i personally have one..i got lucky and found one at the junkyard...i got it for 80 bucks and paid 20 bucks at the dealer for a new temp sensor..every hooks up like normal and is easy to do... if you can get one on ebay do it! its a great mod i love it..kinda makes my cab feel like an airplane heheehehe

here is a pic of what mine looks like
blackberry012.jpg

Last edited:

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
where was the plug under the hood? do the wires have power to them? or u had to hook em up

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
i bought mine for 20 bucks from some ignoramus at the parts yard...chee hoo...pretty mint condition too...

LEFTY'Z SWB

Reaction score
What vehcles are you getting the displays from? looking to do this mod as well

BondXII

Reaction score
yea the sernsor is 20 bucks @ my dealer. the display is $125 on ebay.
Im gettin this thing.

If you're talking about this one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3efd4dd0ea

Then you need to check out the fine print. They are only selling the display itself. Not the surounding or the rest of the overhead console. I think the the display will fit right into the space we have now to put your garage remote, but you still need to find the plastic that goes around this display, or fabricate something.

Just thuoght you should check into that before you jump on it, buy it now, get it home, open the box, and wonder where the rest of the console is. :hmmmm2:

LEFTY'Z SWB

Reaction score
thanx for the imput. anyone know if the ones from the sequoia will work with out truck?

Wizard

Reaction score
so how much was the temp probe?
and where is the wire up front to plug it into?

As for your first question, I got mine for $16 from my favorite online Toyota dealer.

As for your second question, I'd like to know too, as I'm about to install my console. I spent 2 seconds looking for a taped up connection behind the grill area, but didn't see anything right off the bat.

HiTek21

Reaction score
There's a connector down the radiator support in front of the radiator area for the temp probe. If you peek through your toyota emblem on the grille you'll see it.

Wizard

Reaction score
There's a connector down the radiator support in front of the radiator area for the temp probe. If you peek through your toyota emblem on the grille you'll see it.
Perfect. Thank you.

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
If you're talking about this one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3efd4dd0ea

Then you need to check out the fine print. They are only selling the display itself. Not the surounding or the rest of the overhead console. I think the the display will fit right into the space we have now to put your garage remote, but you still need to find the plastic that goes around this display, or fabricate something.

Just thuoght you should check into that before you jump on it, buy it now, get it home, open the box, and wonder where the rest of the console is. :hmmmm2:

Oh shit ur totally right dude now im totally not getting it
gota go to a junk yard and find it.:thumpdown:

Top Bottom