Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

overhead comapass and temp display

BondXII

Reaction score
Glad to help. :top: Would hate for you to kick yourself because you didn't get what you thought you were ordering. :biggrin:

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
thanx for the imput. anyone know if the ones from the sequoia will work with out truck?

the ones of the sequoia or the 4runner wont fit. But we are talkinng about ones from tacomas.
cuz they come on the other models not xrunners.

Glad to help. :top: Would hate for you to kick yourself because you didn't get what you thought you were ordering. :biggrin:

yea that would suck thanx man

Last edited:

x20Runner05

Reaction score

gsxrdoug

Reaction score
Got everything I need just waiting for them to show up and install, can't wait.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure one of the model camrys will cross over, think that's what mine actually came out of.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Just another question for you guys. I am in Canada and was wondering if the Tacoma's here come with the over head temp/compass? Are they in Celsius? Do they only come on certain models of the Tacoma?

Thanks in advanced.

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
U can switch between C and F I don't think they come stock in XRs at all. But don't take my word for it

808XR10

Reaction score
one quick question, i already have the sensor on my truck can i just go and buy the temp display? its little bit wierd though that ill have the sensor already mounted but no overhead temp display. hmmm i wonder if the stealership forgot to install one on my truck...:hmmmm2:

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
one quick question, i already have the sensor on my truck can i just go and buy the temp display? its little bit wierd though that ill have the sensor already mounted but no overhead temp display. hmmm i wonder if the stealership forgot to install one on my truck...:hmmmm2:

They don't come stock on the XRs. Having the sensor is the easy part, it's only 20 bucks and clips right in.

Finding the actual overhead console is the difficult part. I suggest you do what I did. Go find a broken one for 20-40 bucks, install it cleanly, and take it to the dealership as a warranty issue.

They had no idea it didn't come stock on my truck and tossed in a brand new $1000 unit right away. $60 total, brand new overhead console.

Or... you can wait a few weeks until I part out and get mine for relatively cheap. =P

Ryan

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
I believe later years trucs come with the temp probe, I dunno why. So since u already have it u need the display and ur good 2 go

Old 'Rollas

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread... I have some info from my work at a Dealership.

You can get the Compass/Temp Module only Part#83290-04030
Retails for 305.40 CDN
If you know someone who works at a dealer, you most likely can get them for less than that.

This is only the module, no trim. This was part of the warranty/TSB section and found this PN in Infostream. To get the trim, you would need to order the whole thing for $1000.

Cheers, hope this helps.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread... I have some info from my work at a Dealership.

You can get the Compass/Temp Module only Part#83290-04030
Retails for 305.40 CDN
If you know someone who works at a dealer, you most likely can get them for less than that.

This is only the module, no trim. This was part of the warranty/TSB section and found this PN in Infostream. To get the trim, you would need to order the whole thing for $1000.

Cheers, hope this helps.

Just look for one used on Tacoma World or here. I bought mine for 125$ shipped. I needed to get an ambient temp sensor though(don't buy in Canada. 100$ here and 16$ in the states, thanks again babyboi for the hook up!).

Old 'Rollas

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I have found one from one of the other techs here for cheap... LoL

This is for anyone else that wants one.

Still have to figure out the trim piece.

Top Bottom