Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pedal Recall

08x

Reaction score
how many of you plan to get your pedals cut for the recall i think it looks horrible from the ones ive seen in my shop and the tacoma pedal becomes extremly small

KrazyStuntRR

Reaction score
Not sure how it is in the US but here in CAN that recall is purely "optional" by the customer its not a mandatory recall. I used to work at Toyota here and still go in to talk to friends and one of techs I know said its an optional recall they just aren't suppose to tell the customers that lol

Murderface

Reaction score
Stealership will NEVER touch my truck not even for warranty work! I just don't trust anyone to drive it respectfully:argh:

08x

Reaction score
we just do it usually after looking it up to see if they need them

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
I can safely say it will never happen to my truck, besides I need all the pedal I got to make the truck go faster.

07SWB

Reaction score
Just so you guys know, if after the pedal cut you aren't satisfied, you can get a completely new pedal assembly.

If you have Toyota all weather mats take them out before taking the truck in to get the recall done. Otherwise they will replace them with the cheesy replacement ones.

Like stated, you have a choice to have the recall done or not.

I'm looking forward to all the money we will make from the all weather mat replacement lol

KrazyStuntRR

Reaction score
^^ haha

I don't understand how its even possible for the so-called problem to happen. I have the black rubber all weather toyota mats, and I pressed my pedal and I've got so much room its not even possible for that pedal to supposedly "get stuck". Those little clips in the floor are there for a reason lol

no offense to any Chinese people on here.. but here I'm pretty sure that's who's its directed too.. they bring their cars in with like 2" tall newspaper floor mats which after a wet day or winter their cars just absolutely stink and then complain " my car has no acceleration and I have the pedal pressed to the floor " lol

teamben158

Reaction score
no offense to any Chinese people on here.. but here I'm pretty sure that's who's its directed too.. they bring their cars in with like 2" tall newspaper floor mats which after a wet day or winter their cars just absolutely stink and then complain " my car has no acceleration and I have the pedal pressed to the floor " lol

Not that I want to feed your stereotype, but the first time I borrowed my father-in-law's (he's korean) Toyota Avalon, I looked down when getting in and was all like wtf. :dontknow:

He had at least 4 different types of floor mats on the floor. Carpet, plastic, rubber, the damn paper ones from when you get your oil changed and another clear rubber one on top. Pretty sure a small puppy was wedged in there as well.

KrazyStuntRR

Reaction score
haha, not all are that bad but here in Edmonton if you counted i'd say you'd average 2 out of 3 asians are running newspaper floormats or like your father-in-law's idea of 3 or 4 different floormats all stacked on top of each other.

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
whats this recall about? do we get new floor mats? I've had the black all weather ones in my truck since day one and the pedal has never stuck, but I have holes in the floor mats from my feet.

KrazyStuntRR

Reaction score
it's for "precaution" they cut down the size of your accel pedal. (literally cut your pedal)

rexrunner

Reaction score
take apart the pedal, there is a shaft with two variable resistant magnets. seperating the wot from the no throttle is a cheesy lil black line sticker. Mine was actually peeling lightly. hmmmm,..... think about that, decided to go with a gm vette pedal

08x

Reaction score
its a precaution you get some cheesey weather tech mats if thats wat u have very thin and a reflash so you can have your foot on the gas and brake at the same time

Yoshi_XRunner

Reaction score
lol, try having plastic bags over your snow shoes, man Asians suck

me <------- Asian :argh:

kcidmil

Reaction score
I've got the carpet mats and actually had mine stick one day. Passing a car on the interstate and let off the gas but my X kept going. Looked down and saw the pedal stuck between the mat and trans hump.

reached down and yanked the mat out and threw it into the back, been there ever since and haven't had a problem of sticking ever since.

thunder24685

Reaction score
what happend to the old pedal that would rotate down if you just pused on the bottom of it ( it wouldn't actully move the cable) you had to have your foot in the middle of the pedal to get the cable to move....yes I know there isnt many cables left anymore

gunner76137

Reaction score
Took my truck in for an oil change this morning at the local stealership and they told me I had a recall to cut down the pedal, I told them I had the OBX pedals and Husky floor liners and never had a problem so to leave it alone !!!!!

TRD-X

Reaction score
Took my truck in for an oil change this morning at the local stealership and they told me I had a recall to cut down the pedal, I told them I had the OBX pedals and Husky floor liners and never had a problem so to leave it alone !!!!!

Yeah I told them the samething John.:top:

Top Bottom