Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pedal Recall

Jwall

Reaction score
I went in yesterday for oil change and they finally asked me if i wanted 3 recalls done! i said wtf 3!

The pedal cutting i said no, they replied its only a 1\2 in off the pedal! lol NO!
Taking out a small peice of underlay under carpet by pedal, which i did do and feels better.
Putting a ECU program on our trucks for if you happen to hit the brake and gas at the same time it wont allow it...i wonder why we would not want that done lol! i said there crazy and signed off on it saying i dont want it done.

firesquare16

Reaction score
going in Saturday for the recall. mostly for the all weather floor mats that have a hole in them. plus the safety of my 3 year old is important too.

safety first for me.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
I have two kids and safely first for me as well.
I took mine in. I told them I do not want my pedal cut so they offered me a new pedal assembly.
Once in, I simply re-installed my Obex pedal cover. Because my new pedal is smaller, I can slide the old cover to where I want it. I can slide it all the way down to where it was before, or can slide it to where it wont hit the carpet. :top:

Even without the cover, I can't feel a difference with the smaller pedal.

BMWtech

Reaction score
I just recieved my letter yesterday and plan on ignoring it. No need to fix something that isn't broken.

dj_lucas840

Reaction score
I'm at dealership now and their new ass manger just came and told me I need have mine cut, haha, I told him I got big ass feet I can't use a little ass pedal! He tring tell me I have to have it done, it is safety issue and I shouldn't be able to leave without it done, ya right, dudes a tool! And then he said they replace the floor mats if its the ones I have are recalled too, but have to cut pedal b4 they will replace! And wouldn't show me wat they would replace it with! And to top it all off they killed my truck 5 times b4 they were able to pull it out to change oil!

Told them don't touch anything else till I tell them to!

TRD-X

Reaction score
All I have to say about the recall is Toyota is stupid! If your going to fix something replace it don't cut the pedal......:stupid:

My bad they are NOT doing this to my ride! :motz:

dj_lucas840

Reaction score
I have always taken it in for service! Have done all my other cars myself, but got this brand new and have always taken it in, not the same dealer I used to since the service manager was a dick and cost me my tranny, but this one has new ass manager and well I don't care for him! He didn't say anything to me but on my service sheet I read when got home it said they found small leak in my new tranny! But tsb covers the leak to 60k ans that all it said! I got mt-90 in there I sure hope they didn't add anything! Think they should have told me something! Can't afford buy third tranny for truck!

xrun09blueNY

Reaction score
i did last sunday andi never was in my mind ,gonna be small...i don't like the look is smaller ,looks like a toy,:thumpdown: .i feel the diferent, come out more fast, the took 3 hrs in the dealer ,i almost say put "BACK"... but was to late ..i don't recomending to do....

SooRunner

Reaction score
I drive with 2 feet...so braking + gas = engine kill? No thank you!:biggrin:

Aj Khaos

Reaction score
Gas pedal Recall

Hey guys i got a letter in the mail due to the recall and so i took my truck into the dealership to have them look at it. after they made some adjustments to the gas and brake pedals ( i think they lowered them ) i got the truck back. the only thing different is that it runs really tight now. i was wondering if anyone else has had this done or this outcome?

irondog19

Reaction score
i was goin to but if thats what they do to the pedal screw that

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
I signed off on the recall

05 X

Reaction score
Hey guys i got a letter in the mail due to the recall and so i took my truck into the dealership to have them look at it. after they made some adjustments to the gas and brake pedals ( i think they lowered them ) i got the truck back. the only thing different is that it runs really tight now. i was wondering if anyone else has had this done or this outcome?

"Tight" how?

rexrunner

Reaction score
the pedal APP sensor is two stickers. if they peel off it causes wot. they work off resistance. take it apart and look, there are 2 little black stickers/stripes on the shaft in the center of the sensor.

btw the sensor iirc are made by cts, same as gm and most dbw pedals.

TXrunner

Reaction score
I was a Toyota tech for 6 years and I didn't do it to my own truck... It's bs. Who needs brake override on a manual? That stupid

SooRunner said:
I drive with 2 feet...so braking + gas = engine kill? No thank you!:biggrin:

It doesn't kill the engine it just overrides the gas pedal input and makes the engine go back to idle. And that's only if you push the brake pedal past a certain point. but I guess that would kill the engine on a standard transmission in some cases. the automatics just go back to idle but I never went and tested it on an xrunner

Last edited:
Top Bottom