Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pedal Recall

coradgo

Reaction score
This is my experience. My tacoma dont have a problem, I go to recall and now when i proced to change manual and down the clutch my tacoma is aceleration between 1500 to 2000 rpm and not desacelerate.
Someone people have a same problem? This event ocurre before recall services.
Thanks

rexrunner

Reaction score
The brake is a on off function. Doesn't matter how much u depress as long as its enough to close the switch. On off

I was a Toyota tech for 6 years and I didn't do it to my own truck... It's bs. Who needs brake override on a manual? That stupid

It doesn't kill the engine it just overrides the gas pedal input and makes the engine go back to idle. And that's only if you push the brake pedal past a certain point. but I guess that would kill the engine on a standard transmission in some cases. the automatics just go back to idle but I never went and tested it on an xrunner

Clewis333

Reaction score
My X "self accelerated" like 4-6 times. (sort of an adrenaline rush)
so i got the pedal replaced :rolleyez:
I bought the OBX racing pedals and the accelerator pedal does not fit the replacement pedal.
Can i go to the toyota dealership to get the original pedal back?

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
Is it possible that when Toyota reflash for the new pedal safety software that they could detune the power. I know that sounds crazy, but I'm no toyo tech.

Clewis333

Reaction score
Is it possible that when Toyota reflash for the new pedal safety software that they could detune the power. I know that sounds crazy, but I'm no toyo tech.

Damn. i think they did this to mine, cuz everytime i try to do a burnout (try not to too often :biggrin:) Whenever i touch the breaks it kills power to the wheels:frown:

Reaction score
The stealership did the recall on mine but the only thing they did was insert that spacer and reflash the computer. No pedal cutting required.

coradgo

Reaction score
The problem is before cut the pedal. The dealer replace the pedal for a new but the problem persist. My x-runner is new have 15000 mile. I see that the dealer dont known what happen with this problem.
Exuse my english i live in Puerto Rico. Only I would like to known if other vehicule have the same problem if is this normal.
Thanks for your helps.

Top Bottom