Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pics of your Audio Setup

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
LOL nioce...i almost forgot what your purple mod looked like already

BSNA-Dark-Angel

I'm a girl!!!
Reaction score
LOL nioce...i almost forgot what your purple mod looked like already
ya it looks better taking pic of it at night den in da day time...:biggrin:
can really see da pearl in the paint...
and i know ur just playing wit me... i know u dont like it, its ok...

xmadcowx

Reaction score
Dash 10.2" touchscreen, s2000 hazard button.

Dash_02.jpg

Computer, specs too long to list.

Drivers%20Side.JPG

8" JL in sealed armrest type enclosure w/ alpine amps. Yes, there is room for a 3rd person behind the passenger. The "shelf" over the computer makes for a nice bench when I'm out buying stuff.

Passenger%20Side.JPG

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
xmadcowx: damm bro that's a huge screen...:top:
Family Guy is the sh*t...:biggrin:
Dash_02.jpg

what's the brand...:dontknow: what are you running in your computer? is the computer to tune your truck? satellite tv?

xmadcowx

Reaction score
xmadcowx: damm bro that's a huge screen...:top:
Family Guy is the sh*t...:biggrin: what's the brand...:dontknow: what are you running in your computer? is the computer to tune your truck? satellite tv?

I built the pc myself. Its a Intel Core 2, 60gb OS/Application drive 500gb Data drive. The pc COULD be used to tune my truck, but the truck runs fine as it is, would just need the CAN adapter. If I ever boost, I will have on the fly tuning defiantly. But mainly the pc is for all my music, internet, and most importanly, when stuck in traffic, watch episodes of Family Guy, Metaloclypse, etc. There has been debate about doing the TRD XRunner guage cluster. Wouldn't be hard at all, just need another screen and some fiberglass work, but...I'm lazy =) Too much money in the truck already.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
that's 1 BA pc bro. I build PC on the side...mostly for fun and its addicting taking electronics apart and putting them back together. I thought about building a computer for my 4x4...but just a thought...nothing more:hmmmm2: for now...LOL I have been designing a gauge cluster for my 2008 R6. my idea is to use a touch screen similiar to yours. add a rear view camera and center mount that between tail lights. I would then write a program to do a digital tachometer w/gearing and digital speedometer. with the rear mounted camera I can remove my rear view mirrors(Nevada laws do not allow you to remove rear view mirrors unless you have 180 % view) so with the camera i will be legal...:top: use the camera on the touch screen as my mirrors and place the digital tachometer/speedometer on top...what do you think about this?

I built the pc myself. Its a Intel Core 2, 60gb OS/Application drive 500gb Data drive. The pc COULD be used to tune my truck, but the truck runs fine as it is, would just need the CAN adapter. If I ever boost, I will have on the fly tuning defiantly. But mainly the pc is for all my music, internet, and most importanly, when stuck in traffic, watch episodes of Family Guy, Metaloclypse, etc. There has been debate about doing the TRD XRunner guage cluster. Wouldn't be hard at all, just need another screen and some fiberglass work, but...I'm lazy =) Too much money in the truck already.

xmadcowx

Reaction score
that's 1 BA pc bro. I build PC on the side...mostly for fun and its addicting taking electronics apart and putting them back together. I thought about building a computer for my 4x4...but just a thought...nothing more:hmmmm2: for now...LOL I have been designing a gauge cluster for my 2008 R6. my idea is to use a touch screen similiar to yours. add a rear view camera and center mount that between tail lights. I would then write a program to do a digital tachometer w/gearing and digital speedometer. with the rear mounted camera I can remove my rear view mirrors(Nevada laws do not allow you to remove rear view mirrors unless you have 180 % view) so with the camera i will be legal...:top: use the camera on the touch screen as my mirrors and place the digital tachometer/speedometer on top...what do you think about this?

First thing, bumps + computer = bad idea. If you plan on going over anything more than a speedbump, your going to have to get creative with a suspension system for your case. My memory foam pillow with better bumpstops is perfect for me and my driving. You not going to want a touch screen for a gauge cluster, its out of the way and not easy to access. Also, if you get pulled over cause you shaved your mirrors but claim that your camera is the workaround, they might hit you for full motion video in view of the driver, which becoming more of a common thing. I was toying around with it, and reading up on sensors, because if I'm going to do it, it will all be digital. Fuel, milage, everything. I thought about including HVAC with the system, but again, too much time, what I have now is plenty. Doing an all digital gauge cluster, is a hell of alot more work than you think, its not just wires and buttons. Thats a direct quote from a good friend of mine with a Masters in microelectronic engineering. That alone, was enough to steer me away from the project...for now.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
bump+computer=bad idea...yeah i was thinking about that. well sony used to make this handheld pc
vaio73.jpg

I was originally going to use this. but realized that there was no a/v input just outputs. i do realize that doing a digital gauge cluster is a lot of work...but I want to be a pioneer at least for Street Bikes...:biggrin: I can get the video and monitor to work...but need help mostly in writing the program for digital tachometer/speedometer. then I gotta figure out how to sync the 2 with the engine/transmission. that's the hardest part to this project. been working on it a little over a year now(on my spare time...if i get any...:laugh:)

First thing, bumps + computer = bad idea. If you plan on going over anything more than a speedbump, your going to have to get creative with a suspension system for your case. My memory foam pillow with better bumpstops is perfect for me and my driving. You not going to want a touch screen for a gauge cluster, its out of the way and not easy to access. Also, if you get pulled over cause you shaved your mirrors but claim that your camera is the workaround, they might hit you for full motion video in view of the driver, which becoming more of a common thing. I was toying around with it, and reading up on sensors, because if I'm going to do it, it will all be digital. Fuel, milage, everything. I thought about including HVAC with the system, but again, too much time, what I have now is plenty. Doing an all digital gauge cluster, is a hell of alot more work than you think, its not just wires and buttons. Thats a direct quote from a good friend of mine with a Masters in microelectronic engineering. That alone, was enough to steer me away from the project...for now.

xmadcowx

Reaction score
A few of my buddies built pcs on bikes. Some came out fine, some, too much work for too little reward. Check out mp3car.com. Too much reading you can do there, so be prepared.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
ok thanks bro...:biggrin: if I end up continuing the project...would you like to help:wink::wink:

firetuner911

Reaction score
there is a company out there that makes a carputer, a computer specifically designed to go in a car, but a cant remember the name of the company, but i know if you looked around enough on mp3car.com long enough you would find it, oh, btw, nice systems everyone. :top:

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
this is the double din Guru Car Computer:

guru_back_small.jpg
guru_fron_small.jpg

Specifications Processors Intel Core Duo CPU L2500 1.83GHz, 32 kb Level 1 Cache, 2048 kb Level 2 Cache Display AU Optronics 6.5" LCD Display with Touch Screen LED back light. Max brightness 550 nits. 10 nits minimum. 4 wire resistive touch screen Ambient light sensor Graphics Intel 945GM(UMA) Memory 4GB DDR2, 533Mhz Hard Drive 120 GB 5400 RPM, 8MB Cache Hitachi HTs542512k9sa00-(s1) DVD Drive model number Teac Automotive Grade DV-SC150 Secondary Display DVI output for Rear Seat video or other application Input methods Dual controlled Touch screen and mouse pointer on front screen WiFi 802.11 b/g/ Wireless LAN support by Broadcom BCM94311MCG Bluetooth Integrated broadcom 2.0 PCMCIA One Rear PCMCIA slot GPS Integrated GPS with antenna - GlobalSat ET-332 - SiRF III chipset - GPS antenna built-in on vehicle body, reserve connector on chassis USB 2.0 1 front mini-USB, 1 Front USB, 2 rear USB ports Product Dimensions Depth: Rear fan to metal end - 150mm (6-1/8") Depth: Rear fan to plastic face front - 178mm (Knob extrudes additional 10mm) Height: 102.2 mm (4") Width: 178.4 mm (7")
Audio Sigmatel 9220 5.1 surround sound Microphone Integrated 2 sensor array microphone Amp 4 Channel amplifier Freq. Response -3dB 500Hz-10kHz AMP Peak Power Output 50 watts AMP RMS Power Output 22 watts Pre amp Outputs 5 Channel AM/FM Radio Software controllable Radio US 88~108 Mhz Memory Expansion Front USB port or SD memory card slot Operating Power / Voltage Range 9V~16V Parasitic Power load 0-26ma
Shipping details​
Box sixe 9-5/8" x 8-5/8" x 6-1/2"
Weight is 6.5 lbs
RCA breakout cable​
Green Line level output - Back Left Gray Line level output - Center Purple Line level output - Back right Black Line level output - Subwoofer Red Line level output - Front Right White Line level output - Front Left Enviormental Specifications Storage Temprature -40c-85c Operating Temprature 0c-40c Vibration 0.8 Grms, Operational (10Hz~1000Hz) ESD Contact 5kV and Air 10kV (No data is lost) Inputs and Outputs Rear I/O 1 Composite video output 16 pin power & audio interface connector (see wire label or pinout diagram for functions) 1 DVI 2 USB connectors 1 Line-in mini Jack 1 PCMCIA Cardbus slot (Type I) ENE CB714 1 GPS Antenna connector (Blue) 1 AM/FM Radio antenna connector (Black) 2 802.11 antenna connector (Purple) Front I/O 1 Line-in mini Jack (Software switch to Audio Out) 1 USB 1 Mini USB 1 Array Mic 1 Critical reset (Small hole in front right middle) 1 Power/ volume Knob with center click 6 programmable buttons (Requires software developer support) Right and Left mouse buttons 1 DVD eject button 1 Ambient light Sensor

there is a company out there that makes a carputer, a computer specifically designed to go in a car, but a cant remember the name of the company, but i know if you looked around enough on mp3car.com long enough you would find it, oh, btw, nice systems everyone. :top:

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Oh snap!... They finally replaced the Infill G4 :rockon:
That's pretty dayum cool... I gotta do some research and see if it's worth the HUGE price difference in comparison to the DNX8120 :biggrin:

These units were comparably priced with Pioneer's Z-series... which means $2k+ :ahhhhh:

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
lucke...how does the sub sound?? one of my friends that owns a sound shop here...told me he would like me to run that enclosure...but i just wanted advice from someone who actually has it...

lucke

Reaction score
it sounds fantastic if the amp/receiver is tuned correctly. it does not bump, but it fills in the base perfectly, and the best part is, as you can see in the pic, i can have the rear seats up or down without it interfering with the sub.

Top Bottom