Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Piecing together a system

Reaction score
I can't see the picture very well but I would say yes. Just make sure the wires going to speakers matches the rca's.

dramad1

Reaction score
TheAngeryGinger said:
I can't see the picture very well but I would say yes. Just make sure the wires going to speakers matches the rca's.

Rca's on HU to rca's on amp. HU shows front +\- rear +/- and sub +\- amp just shows channel 1 left channel 2 left channel 3 right channel 4 right.

I'm like where do I put the front rca's from HU to rca's on amp, do I put them to (channel 1 left and channel 3 right) and for the rear rca's on HU- put them in ( channel 2 left and channel 4 right)?
Sorry of its a dumb question, I just want to be sure

XRnRElite77

Reaction score
you just wanna make sure that the following occurs:

HU RCA's FRONT ---> AMP RCA CH1Left/CH2Right ----> Speakers L/R of the front
HU RCA's REAR ---> AMP RCA CH3Left/CH4Right ----> Speakers L/R of the rear.

Your amp should have the channels labeled on the speaker wire connections to match to the RCA imput on the amp.

justin13703

Reaction score
Yep the easiest way is to make front left channel 1, front right channel 2, rear left channel 3, and rear right channel 4. Then the speaker outputs on the amp should be labelled channel 1, 2, 3, and 4. Just make sure you connect them to the corresponding speaker.

dramad1

Reaction score
justin13703 said:
Yep the easiest way is to make front left channel 1, front right channel 2, rear left channel 3, and rear right channel 4. Then the speaker outputs on the amp should be labelled channel 1, 2, 3, and 4. Just make sure you connect them to the corresponding speaker.

These are speaker wires*^^. I got those all figured out, I need the RCA ports for the amp.

On the amp it is only labeled ch1(L) ch2(L) ch3(R) ch4(R)

On the HU rca's coming out are front(+\-), rear (+\-), and sub(+\-).

So should I hook up rca's from front on HU to ch1(L) & ch3(R) and the rear rca's from HU to ch2(L) & ch4(R)

Pics of HU diagram of RCA output and 4ch amp

Speaker wires are all hooked up to amp already just need to connect the rca's, HOW??? Lol

Attachments

• image-1535309830.jpg
    image-1535309830.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 133
  • image-3967424262.jpg
    image-3967424262.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 126

justin13703

Reaction score
No the rca's should be connected like this:

Front left to channel 1 on amp
Front right to channel 2 on amp

Rear left to channel 3 on amp
Rear right to channel 4 on amp

I know you said you already connected your speaker wires, but make sure you connected the right channels to the right speakers or it will throw off fade/balance and make it impossible to set the settings correctly in the amp. The speaker outputs should also be labeled channel 1 2 3 and 4. If the rca's are connected like above, then make sure that the speaker output channels are connected to the correct speaker. Chan 1 output MUST go to front left speaker, chan 2 output must go to front right speaker, and so on. It's confusing I know.

Also in your previous post you said the amp says that chan 1 and 2 are lefts and chan 3 and 4 are rights. But if you look at the picture you can see that chan 1 and 3 are lefts, and 2 and 4 are rights. That's why the rca's need connected this way.

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
Thats weird that they dont have them labeled front and rear on the amp.

FROM the HU ----to the amp---speaker wires

Front L----CH1 (L)--Drivers front speaker(ch1) +/-
Front R----CH2 (R)--Pass. Front speaker(ch2) +/-
Rear L----CH3(L)----Drivers rear speaker(ch3) +/-
Rear R----CH4(R)----Pass. Rear speaker(ch4) +/-

That help? PM me if you want me to try and help over the phone...

DAMNIT you are always faster then me:laugh:

Last edited:

justin13703

Reaction score
Also something doesn't sound right about the rca's on the back of the radio being labelled as pos and neg. It should be left and right. Each RCA connection is a separate positive and negative terminal.

DAMNIT you are always faster then me:laugh:
I saw it said you were on this page and I figured that would happen again. Lol

Last edited:

dramad1

Reaction score
Yes the speaker wires are connected like you have said. Front left ch1 front right chan2 driver side rear ch3 passenger rear ch4. That's how I have it. But that is the speaker wires.

I need to know how to connect the rca's to amp.

Rca's on HU are labeled front, rear, sub (+\-)

Rcas on amp are labeled ch1(L) ch2(L) ch3(R) ch4(R).

Where do the rca's go on the amp, what channels. There is no diagram other then this pic that is on the amp

Attachments

• image-3698294868.jpg
    image-3698294868.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 134

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
Also something doesn't sound right about the rca's on the back of the radio being labelled as pos and neg. It should be left and right. Each RCA connection is a separate positive and negative terminal.

Yeah that sounded strange to, I was thinking maybe he was just confused

justin13703

Reaction score
Do the rca's just like I said in the post a couple posts up. Also your RCA connections on the amp are labeled 1(L) 2(R) 3(L) 4(R) not what you wrote above.

dramad1

Reaction score
justin13703 said:
Do the rca's just like I said in the post a couple posts up. Also your RCA connections on the amp are labeled 1(L) 2(R) 3(L) 4(R) not what you wrote above.

Oops. I wrote it do many times I messed it up. Lol. Thanks for helping. I'm about to pull the HU to take a look at RCA jacks

dramad1

Reaction score
revobreaker said:
Pic of the HU if you can...

It's the only one I have until I pull my HU again. Witch I'm doing now

Attachments

• image-1362750716.jpg
    image-1362750716.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 132

justin13703

Reaction score
Yeah those are front left and right and rear left and right on the back of the radio. So just connect them to the amp like me and revobreaker said and it's a done deal.

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
yep,

Top white is front left (ch1 L on amp)
Top Red is front right (ch2 R on amp)

middle white is rear left (ch3 L on amp)
middle red is rear right (ch4 r on amp)

you know bottoms are for sub

dramad1

Reaction score
HU is pulled and I'm dumb. You are right. Why was I thinking +\- . I'm confused I admit it. Lil retarded as well. I'm writing down colors and position of rca's and will snap a pic and should be able to figure it out. Thanks fellas

Attachments

• image-1108698558.jpg
    image-1108698558.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 119
  • image-1411198989.jpg
    image-1411198989.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 138

dramad1

Reaction score
HU all back in and just checked rca's and what do you know. They were all hooked up correctly.

Another big thank you for all your help fellas.

Now to install center console and hook up distribution block.

justin13703

Reaction score
Good deal, glad you got it all figured out. Getting all the rca's and speakers connected correctly is one of the most confusing things when you don't do this alot. Should be pretty smooth sailing from here.

Top Bottom