Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Port N Polish TRD Blower

sparkys tacoma

Reaction score
A lot of people here have run 10 plus psi daily. I was over that before I removed my cats. Front only. But guys and girls time will tell us what can be done. If someone else wants to try this go crazy and maybe alert me of another potential hazard. Or wait and ill let ya know If its worth it. But if you do try make sure you've got internals.

Jap

Reaction score
I've removed my first pair of cats, still running a stock 'Y' piece however.
Not real keen on rebuilding just yet, but if it came to the point of that, I would be slotting a V8 in.
I'm keen to see a snakebite running on 1GR.
Someone do it.

Super Werty

Reaction score
I dont know if id 100% trust data published by a competition company's website to be totally unbiased however that is a nice article.

I believe it. Go read around the mustang forums. The current GT500 makes something like 125+ more rwhp with twin screw than with the stock roots, at the exact same boost levels

obviously the twin screw is massively more efficient. I wish TRD had gone that route. We would have only needed like 3-4 psi:laugh:

Jap

Reaction score
Anyone thought about compound forced induction?
Maybe a rear mount turbo feeding the TRD blower?

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I believe it. Go read around the mustang forums. The current GT500 makes something like 125+ more rwhp with twin screw than with the stock roots, at the exact same boost levels

obviously the twin screw is massively more efficient. I wish TRD had gone that route. We would have only needed like 3-4 psi:laugh:

There is no doubt that it is more efficient, but it is a bit ignorant to believe that they wont stretch the truth a little bit... There is a lot of data in that article above adiabatic efficiency.

Id love a twin screw.

Super Werty

Reaction score
There is no doubt that it is more efficient, but it is a bit ignorant to believe that they wont stretch the truth a little bit... There is a lot of data in that article above adiabatic efficiency.

Id love a twin screw.

We'll yea I guess I dont believe your truck is all the fast. Maybe if I saw it actually running down the street or perhaps a quarter mile time slip and video. Yea maybe then I can believe your insane nitrous claims.

oh wait, were you talking about kenne bell?

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
We'll yea I guess I dont believe your truck is all the fast. Maybe if I saw it actually running down the street or perhaps a quarter mile time slip and video. Yea maybe then I can believe your insane nitrous claims.

oh wait, were you talking about kenne bell?

lol thats a bit different - an accel video is hard data, a track slip is hard data.

If you dont think nitrous makes awesome power your just Fn polish bro, its the most efficient power adder there is. :laugh: Its probably the easiest calculated gain out there since what you see is what you get if not more (25 shot, 50 shot, 75 shot, etc...)

it takes a certain amount of power to move an object of predetermined weight from point A to point B in X amount of time (40-90).

As the temps get cooler though there will be track time :-D

But anyway I dont know what to tell you if you think companies that hold an economical interest in a certain area dont stretch the numbers a little bit to highlight their product...

Again there is no doubt that a screw setup is way more efficient - I just am saying there is way too much stuff going on to deal with exact numbers in such a general manner.

Gadget

Reaction score
Anyone thought about compound forced induction?
Maybe a rear mount turbo feeding the TRD blower?

There are a couple of people that are thinking of trying to run both a URD and TRD supercharger together. I think it will be way to much for a stock engine. I guess we will see shortly.

G

sparkys tacoma

Reaction score
I thought about the urd with the trd but than got bitten. But too many belts and what not under the Hood. Than talked with a Guy about putting in a replaceable section that would hold a Turbo and that was a plan for later this year. But on CT a SR did a Turbo than straight pipe out right where the y met up. HR is in Florida so I figured a smog legal version would be one I could unbolt. Hehehehe.

rexrunner

Reaction score
if ur gonna do all then then trash the trd and go turbo? full boost around 2500 and way more power and less uncontrollable heat problems?

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
F it, I'm triple charging mine. Then throwin on a shot of NOS just for kicks.

sparkys tacoma

Reaction score
Sweet triple charged. Might as well put in a 1300 tq electric motor assist and a jato to get the top end.

Gadget

Reaction score
I know of two folks that have double charged.

1st is Shonuff that had an SRunner. He like most of us started with a TRD supercharger and quickly maxed it out and wanted more. He built his own turbo system and installed it with the TRD Supercharger. Later he took off the TRD and just had the turbo. He got a very significant power gain at the same boost level.

2nd is a guy in Cali that builds some very impressive cars and a few some over the top SEMA show cars. He did a BMW and he had both a roots and a turbo on it. It totally sucked on power. He believed it was due to the lack of efficiency of the roots so he installed a magnetic clutch on the roots to disengage it when the turbo spooled, but was still blowing through the roots. Did not work either. I gave him the idea of ducting both compressors into the manifold independently and use a flapper valve so one would not back flow into the other and out to the atmosphere. That worked well, but he found it overall worked better with just the turbo, but it was a real kool show piece so he left both systems and the clutch on the roots. In the end, the compressor with the greater efficiency wins every time.

Anyway, I am not so sure this twin charging thing is all that great. I predict that the guy thinking of trying combining the URD and TRD together will find just one of the two will work better, but I can't wait to see.

G

sparkys tacoma

Reaction score
Shoot G we both know a guy that wants to do this. Give him a killer deal and lets see the spoils. But I wanted Turbo and even ordered the sts until I found it wasn't Cali legal. And urd isn't either. So trd it is. But I wish I could've done a Turbo legal here I was all to ready for that. Oh well. I got a nasty bite we'll see if it swells any power.

darthyota

Reaction score
what about a twin screw upgrade for the trd where you take out the 3 lobe eaton rotors and swap them for a set of twin screw rotors?:hmmmm2:

Top Bottom