Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Port N Polish TRD Blower

Gadget

Reaction score
what about a twin screw upgrade for the trd where you take out the 3 lobe eaton rotors and swap them for a set of twin screw rotors?:hmmmm2:

It is not that simple. The porting and rotor diameter are all so very different.

I looked into replacing the 3 lobe Eaton with the newer 4 lobe Eaton and again, way to different to work.

G

darthyota

Reaction score
It is not that simple. The porting and rotor diameter are all so very different.

I looked into replacing the 3 lobe Eaton with the newer 4 lobe Eaton and again, way to different to work.

G
what about getting eaton to make something that would work? cause they are liscenced to produce twin screws as they make them for mercades

blastap

Reaction score
what about getting eaton to make something that would work? cause they are liscenced to produce twin screws as they make them for mercades

If you want big psi then spend the money on well built turbo setup, the trd unit does great for what it was designed to do. I dont think Trd wanted 18psi going through a motor that was not made to F/I originally.

darthyota

Reaction score
i would be building a motor to handle that kind of pressure

sparkys tacoma

Reaction score
When I dyno'd my trd was so loud in the bay that it hurt. Those guys are straight up deaf by now. But that just looks fun.

Jap

Reaction score
Same. Mine turning with the NST overdrive and a 2.8" blower pulley is loud.
But I tell you what makes the BIGGEST difference in the sound of the TRD blowers and thats the intake.
I went from a stock airbox to the K&N pipe and it was like night and day.
For all the right reasons lol
Turns heads when I bury the right foot.
The porting would increase this induction noise again, wouldn't it?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I would think that since the restriction is effectively reduced, then there would be a fairly smaller noise level. I'll use this example.

GT500 with Kenne Belle blower and stock headers hitting 10 psi. Improved header flow by increasing primary diameters. Psi on same pulley drops to 7. So effectively not working as hard for equivalent to more power. It was more power. That would tend to make me believe that the noise level would drop a bit, however, the exaust primaries being bigger might make it stay the same, if not get a little louder. Was done on an engine dyno, so the there was no cat back.

Either way, I'll say a little quieter.

Super Werty

Reaction score
I would think it would be louder for two reasons

1. the s/c case is more thin, not by much, but less metal for sound to come through

2. with less turbulence the air moves faster, possibly changing the pitch of the sound?

lol, who knows

sparkys tacoma

Reaction score
It's about the same noise just deeper but my set up isn't just a port and Polish. But my thought is.less noise basic.physics Watson. But sound is energy being released. A smoother.path should be.less energy being released therefore quieter.

Jap

Reaction score
Easy to say here or there, but what causes the noise?
Is it the gear drive?
Is it the air being thrashed by the rotors?

I am of firm belief it is caused by load on the gear drive as under cruise conditions (bypass open?) there is minimal noise, when under load or WOT there is load on the rotor gear drive.

Gadget

Reaction score
When it comes to superchargers usually the quieter it is the more efficent it is.

The modified roots is very loud. The TVS is much quieter. The Lyshlom is even quieter. The Rotex is very very quiet.

G

Super Werty

Reaction score

Super Werty

Reaction score
yea but that camaro is making just under 7 psi. Turn it up to 25 and that will be louder than any maxed out roots

Gadget

Reaction score
I am sure if you run YOUR supercharger at 25 PSI there will be a lot of noise.

All the referenced vids are making about the same boost levels.

G

Top Bottom