Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Prototype Watts Link installed

oxi

Reaction score
It looks like a FAYS2.net but who knows where it originates from?...

From the pics it looks like you can maybe raise it up for DJM clearance...

This should help with any kind of lateral driving, Roadrace, Drift, or just taking turns hard around town...

Yes Jim Fay designed it and built it for my XR. He is looking into building more for XR and Tacoma owners. Mine was built with a 3-inch drop block design but Jim can work with any model Tacoma.

Reaction score
Yes Jim Fay designed it and built it for my XR. He is looking into building more for XR and Tacoma owners. Mine was built with a 3-inch drop block design but Jim can work with any model Tacoma.

Hahaha, knew it looked familiar...

That's cool you got a proto man...

FYI I'm very interested and have a 4" drop in the rear :top:

Have you noticed any binding with your trac bars BTW?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
so if you have djm youd scrap it off? how would it do for drift?

I would think that it would be perfect for drifting seeing as how it already makes corning better. I tink it would make it easier to control your drifts because you'd have less body roll. I also brough the subject up with a few pros and they basically said the same thing. Make it 4-link with coil overs and that would just be icing on the cake!

oxi

Reaction score
Hahaha, knew it looked familiar...

That's cool you got a proto man...

FYI I'm very interested and have a 4" drop in the rear :top:

Have you noticed any binding with your trac bars BTW?

No binding although the right rear is the one that has done more work. Right now my Calvert's creak as I turn, oh well they still work fine.

4" drop, sure you want Calvert's?

Reaction score
No binding although the right rear is the one that has done more work. Right now my Calvert's creak as I turn, oh well they still work fine.

4" drop, sure you want Calvert's?

Not interested in the trac bars, just curiouse... What problems would you see me having using the calverts with a 4" drop?

Interested in the Watts Link though, with low profile if possible...

I figure the Watts Link and URD trac bar together should hold the rear together nice and tight...

Or would you suggest cal tracs over the URD?

oxi

Reaction score
Not interested in the trac bars, just curiouse... What problems would you see me having using the calverts with a 4" drop?

Interested in the Watts Link though, with low profile if possible...

I figure the Watts Link and URD trac bar together should hold the rear together nice and tight...

Or would you suggest cal tracs over the URD?

I have a 3" drop and ground clearance is roughly 2 inches back there, so if you go with a 4" drop, maybe less like under 2", not real good for street driving with the Calverts. For track days and the R1's I only have about 1 inch of clearance but I do not go very far with race rubber on. No issues on the track whatsoever.

I would go with URD with a 4" drop.

Reaction score
I have a 3" drop and ground clearance is roughly 2 inches back there, so if you go with a 4" drop, maybe less like under 2", not real good for street driving with the Calverts. For track days and the R1's I only have about 1 inch of clearance but I do not go very far with race rubber on. No issues on the track whatsoever.

I would go with URD with a 4" drop.

URD for lower profile looks like the set up for me, thanks!

Top Bottom