Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

R.I.P XRunner

Blondebaerde

Reaction score
First: it appears you are not badly injured. I hope that is the case. There is a doctor's report and police report about your injuries though, right? You'll need that soon.

Second: if the person who hit you has "no license, no insurance, etc." I'd look into eventually suing them right into the ground. It may or may not help in recovering damages, of course, but people do need to understand that actions have consequences. That person has committed a crime, after all.

I realize bums and retards in the entitlement society these days really don't mind such inconveniences as "judgments" (the legal kind) against them, but one never knows: might be a way to eventually recover at least something.

Yes, that is impressive: if you were hit hard on the right hand side, your body was thrown hard to the right (opposite vector of impact). Lucky you didn't snap your neck on the right hand door panel. The bruise on your left thigh was from your whole body weight hitting the steering wheel with said-thigh, as you were explosively propelled to the right, and upward, independent of your truck (which was traveling the opposite direction). A guess, of course, based on how the airbag deployed. Maybe several deployed.

I'm a seat belt kind of guy, so will let you draw your own conclusions about the wisdom of "always" using them. Lucky you, it appears.

Good luck with the outcome, and my sincere condolences!

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
i got tboned in my m3 2 xmas ago the guy was uninsured and was driving a excursion.

cops showed up and we no help AT ALL i got all the guys info and started blowing up his phone i threatened him with lawyers but i had no money for it at the time so after thinking about it for a bit i ended up making the guy pay for the damages to the car, it was a long restless chase for this guy to give up any money but i eneded up getting the money to get my car fixed

TRUST me getting the truck fixed will be better than nothing at all, and at least you are okay. hope you the best of luck man :rockon:

xrunrob

Reaction score
Damn man. that looks bad but im glad to hear your okay. i wish you the best of luck in getting her fixed or getting the insurance to give you what your want.

On a off note, if you decied or even if you can part out the truck, i need the passanger side lower front spoiler for the bumper.

Last edited:

hrspwr236

Reaction score
^ the vultures are starting to circle, is it too soon.............?

xrunrob

Reaction score
LOL. i know it, i feel bad for asking but i thought i would throw it out there.

i know how the guy feels. i had a lady run a red light and hit me in my 94TT supra. She had very low insurance. her company only wanted to give me 3000 for my car which was totaled. i wish him the best of luck and i hope he can get her fixed or replace it with another.

butters607

Reaction score
Lawyer lawyer lawyer been in this same situation myself do not talk any dollar amounts with anyone max the other guy out since he want to be a pos no license no insurance no nothing your insurance company owes you that's why you pay them they can do all the suing to get their money you don't have to wait was not your fault.

Last edited:

nick_gz1

Reaction score
glad to hear your ok! that does look like a crazy wreck. Hopefully everything works out with the truck or a new ride

Canadian Girl

Reaction score
Holy crap. Worst one I have seen. Have never seen an XR on its side. Like the guys say make sure u take care of you and get all u can from the truck

KETCHUP

Reaction score
Damn bro. First off, glad you are ok. What a POS that driver is! Hope everything works out for you.

Sorry About Ur Luck

Reaction score
It hurts to see your X on its side! I wanted to go over my garage and hug mine and let her know that I don't take her for granted... here today gone tomorrow.

Hitman

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your concerns I've been to the hospital for check ups X-rays and M.R.I chiropractors as of right now I feel 100% but the headaches of paperwork has been the worst for me total BS!!! Not only having to find the guy seems he's "disappeared" but now Motor Vehicle Division won't send me the owners info if he had insurance thru what they sent me in the mail is that the accident happened on tribal territory so they can't release that information TOTAL BS!!! There's no tribal territory in the city of Chandler I've been transferred so many times it's ridiculous arguing trying to get answers I'm having someone stop by to check the frame for me if it's ok or not slightly to much bent I might be considering fixing it up but I'm still debating it...... As for the vultures here lol I will keep you guys posted in the next couple of days I will post up more pics

On a side note... My truck wasn't leaking any oil from the accident, or the coolant but when I got it back from the tow yard I had no oil or coolant I talked to the people of the tow yard they said they don't drain anything the engine wasn't damaged so where could the oil have gone? Could it be stuck inside internally? I'm planning on changing the spark plugs new oil and filter and add coolant should I change the transmission as well the last time that was changed was at 75000 miles before I start her up?

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
Just make sure you're ok, the X can always be fix. For the vultures on this site, they only mean well, I don't think anyone wants you to loose the X. Fix her up if possible, we would rather have you back on the road with us than parting the X.

FireB

Reaction score
Glad that you made it out ok but...... wow, that's a hard hit.
I'm sorry that you didn't have full coverage on your truck.
Hope you'll find some way to own another one!

Canadian Girl

Reaction score
its not worth it to fix....... i understand that there is an attachment but it wont ever be right. That is a major accident with a wheel ripped off......from pics at least.... do what you can cut ur losses and if you can get a new one...... things will work out in the end and you will be better off..... just remember like everyone said...and you said you walked out of this and are here to tell the story better then the other options :)

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
its not worth it to fix....... i understand that there is an attachment but it wont ever be right. That is a major accident with a wheel ripped off......from pics at least.... do what you can cut ur losses and if you can get a new one...... things will work out in the end and you will be better off..... just remember like everyone said...and you said you walked out of this and are here to tell the story better then the other options :)

Wheel ripped off???

Top Bottom