Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Review: BrakePerformance.com + TRD Pads

Slay0r

Reaction score
thx for the link. I didnt expect them to be THAT much cheaper than EBCs. I think ima go that route once i get my current situation squared away

Slay0r

Reaction score
im about to pull the trigger on the trd pads and some BrakePerformance.com rotors.

Still trying to decide on Slotted or Drilled/slotted. Have your noticed any stress cracks by the drill holes?

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Can you please give me a link to which rotor you used K2? I'm assuming you just did the front. For 250$ it looks promising.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score

Link no worky for me:thumpdown:

I found it. Thanks man. Did you get the black or silver ones? (167$)

Free Standard Semi Metallic Brake Pads ($0) (PM-09061)
Year: 2008
Make: Toyota
Model: Tacoma
Detail: 2WD, 5-Lug Wheels

Is this the right options? Thanks in advanced.

Last edited:

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Do you have any pics of them on? Did I pick the right options? How much of an improvement is it?

Slay0r

Reaction score
heres a crappy pic. I may have a better one on the camera at home.

Picture144.jpg

You'll deff. notice a difference in the beginning, but it evenetually fades back to stock-like feel

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
heres a crappy pic. I may have a better one on the camera at home.

Picture144.jpg

You'll deff. notice a difference in the beginning, but it evenetually fades back to stock-like feel

So when it fades you can just replace the brake pads again... or do you have to switch the rotors again? Thanks and sorry for the newb questions. :adore:

Slay0r

Reaction score
you dont have to replace either if they're not bad. These will not give you a BBK like feel. But guys that dont have 2k to blow on brakes use these pads and rotors to get the most out of the stock brake setup (since toyota didnt help us much on that front)

squidboy

Reaction score
Having read about the dust from TRD pads, I went with the Hawk HPS carbon pads. They are a significant upgrade over stock and zero dust. I haven't tried a comparison between TRD vs. Hawk HPS so I can't comment if they are better or worse than TRD. However, given the zero dust and great stopping power they provide - I am sold on them. A friend also uses them with his WRX and upgraded rotors - with similar positive results. They aren't cheap - I ordered them from Autoanything.com.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
you dont have to replace either if they're not bad. These will not give you a BBK like feel. But guys that dont have 2k to blow on brakes use these pads and rotors to get the most out of the stock brake setup (since toyota didnt help us much on that front)

Did you change the brake lines at the same time? I had my brakes recently flushed and it made a huge difference in feel. The mechanic stated that the fluid was really dirty, and I only have 30 000km on it. I'll be definitely looking into these. Is is an easy install? Thanks man, greatly appreciated.

Slay0r

Reaction score
everyone told me that the EBC yellows has as much dust as the TRDs, but i just dont see it. I've had wayy more dust from stock applications than the EBCs put out

No i didnt change my brake lines (and i havent done that b4, so i wouldnt know). I just did the pads, rotors, and painted the caliper while i had everything off.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
everyone told me that the EBC yellows has as much dust as the TRDs, but i just dont see it. I've had wayy more dust from stock applications than the EBCs put out

No i didnt change my brake lines (and i havent done that b4, so i wouldnt know). I just did the pads, rotors, and painted the caliper while i had everything off.

I think that is going to be my spring project when I switch rims. Thanks for all of the great info. :top:

Tunedx

Reaction score
Upgraded rotors and pads produce noiticable results I can't even imagine what bbk setup is like.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Np

Good luck, LMK if you need any help

Just another question for you. Should I bother getting the "premium" ceramic brake pads from them for an extra 40$ or just buy the TRD ones or the Yellow ones?

Slay0r

Reaction score
If you're refering to 'brakeperformances" lil deal, dont do it. Save that money and just get TRDs for 80-95 or EBC yellow stuffs for 100-105. Yoyr choice. I had a discount for a site that was selling the EBCs so i went with them.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
If you're refering to 'brakeperformances" lil deal, dont do it. Save that money and just get TRDs for 80-95 or EBC yellow stuffs for 100-105. Yoyr choice. I had a discount for a site that was selling the EBCs so i went with them.

Alright... thanks again for all of the great info. :adore: Now I have to decide.... EBC yellow or trd? How much are the EBC yellow ones for our brakes?

Slay0r

Reaction score
I posted the prices ^

TRD $80-95
EBC yellowstuff $100-105

Top Bottom