Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RICE around your town

Yotaman

"Shortbus"
Reaction score
If you follow integra's RSX's are the next generation integra. Also in Japan the Integra is the Honda Integra. So it works. Trust me. This guy is at least unique.:top:

I once heard that Hondas and Toyotas aren't sold in Japan...??:dontknow:

BlackCat

Reaction score
I once heard that Hondas and Toyotas aren't sold in Japan...??:dontknow:

Uhh... no.... Acura's and Lexus's (Lexii ? what's the plural of Lexus ?) aren't sold in Japan. All Acura's in this country are sold as Honda's in Japan (and in many other markets, since Acura is largely a north American thing) and Lexii are sold as Toyota's in Japan (Lexus RX330 = Toyota Harrier, Lexus LS = Toyota Celsior, etc), though the Lexus name is marketed in much of the rest of the world. And the same with Infinity, no go in the Japanese market, sold as Nissans over there where applicable (Infinity M's = Nissan Fuga, Infinity FX = ??? not even sold in Japan).

troberts6

Reaction score
Uhh... no.... Acura's and Lexus's (Lexii ? what's the plural of Lexus ?) aren't sold in Japan. All Acura's in this country are sold as Honda's in Japan (and in many other markets, since Acura is largely a north American thing) and Lexii are sold as Toyota's in Japan (Lexus RX330 = Toyota Harrier, Lexus LS = Toyota Celsior, etc), though the Lexus name is marketed in much of the rest of the world. And the same with Infinity, no go in the Japanese market, sold as Nissans over there where applicable (Infinity M's = Nissan Fuga, Infinity FX = ??? not even sold in Japan).

hate to be "that guy" but lexus is no sold in japan, as of a year ago. but before that he is perfectly correct :top:

BlackCat

Reaction score
hate to be "that guy" but lexus is no sold in japan, as of a year ago. but before that he is perfectly correct :top:

Oh... okay... I was in Japan on a biz trip two years ago. That's where much of my info came from. So, yep, things certainly can and do change... :top:

morcheez

Reaction score
most of the cars there just arent called what they are called here...i know for one u cant buy an accord over there...its called an inspire for some reason...

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
Far as I know, there is no Acura in Japan, just Honda. There are several cars that we see as Acuras here, but are in fact Hondas in Japan. The NSX and Integra are the most common.

BlackCat

Reaction score
most of the cars there just arent called what they are called here...i know for one u cant buy an accord over there...its called an inspire for some reason...

Well, yes, there are some regional marketing naming differences. The US market (Ohio built) Accord is imported and sold in Japan as the Inspire. The Japanese market Accord (yes, there is one, it's is also sold in Europe) is sold in the US as the Acura TSX. They're two physically different cars. The US market Acura TL (00-04) used to be sold in Japan as the Honda Sabre. The US market Acura CL (01-03), however, wasn't sold in Japan. The US market Honda Oddessy and the Japanese market Oddessy aren't the same as each other and have no equivalents in each other's markets.

2006nightrider

Reaction score
We have a new class of salesmen starting at our dealership, one of them is driving this:

EDIT: I need to get a picture of the front, it also has a nice glue-on hood scoop:laugh:

IMG_0563.jpg

Yotaman

"Shortbus"
Reaction score

Q: I watched a test drive show a few weeks ago, the guy drove the Lexus ISF in Japan. Pretty sure the car was right hand drive and all. The car was built and designed in Japan. ?? :dontknow: Just curious....:top:

Thanx for the feedback guys

We have a new class of salesmen starting at our dealership, one of them is driving this:

EDIT: I need to get a picture of the front, it also has a nice glue-on hood scoop:laugh:

IMG_0563.jpg

He should be fired just for driving that car...:laugh:

Last edited:

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score

IMG_0563.jpg

All I have to say is, focuslol:laugh:

Tapp

Reaction score
this should be easy to post pics..in Va beach..there every where!!:hmmmm2:

ICEMAN

"I drive in the dirt"
Reaction score
Coolest thing about that Focus is the plate!

InkedRunner

Reaction score
Man I think we just had an intellectual debate a few pages back about Japan vs. American market. It was pretty interesting.

Grumpy

Reaction score
Here's one more. Just in case you couldn't heard what he's listening too.
disappointed.gif

100_9590.jpg

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
The alignment on the speaker on the right would annoy the hell outta me.

Top Bottom