Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sittin Sic Drop!!!

Xample

Reaction score
just remember in the hot summer springs will sag a bit. i do wonder if these would work in conjunction with the sos drop

JA-Xrunner

Reaction score
u need to engineer a kit thats gives a 3/3 inch drop. maybe use a 2inch drop block with c-notch and 1inch spring with 15% increase spring rate for the front and 3inch rear drop. like the setup of the djm kit with spring.

Shanes56

Reaction score
If these work out who knows what I will do next :wink:. But I will tell you this it would be impossible for me to compete with a company like DJM. I just dont have that type of money. Unless I sell like 400 sets this month haha :laugh:

u need to engineer a kit thats gives a 3/3 inch drop. maybe use a 2inch drop block with c-notch and 1inch spring with 15% increase spring rate for the front and 3inch rear drop. like the setup of the djm kit with spring.

JA-Xrunner

Reaction score
If these work out who knows what I will do next :wink:. But I will tell you this it would be impossible for me to compete with a company like DJM. I just dont have that type of money. Unless I sell like 400 sets this month haha :laugh:
ok kool, do ur thing same way!:rock:

micpun

Reaction score
has anyone pmed you about ordering this? also is this first time you released this product?

Shanes56

Reaction score
Yes, been PM and have sold. Also yes this is the first time this product has been released!

has anyone pmed you about ordering this? also is this first time you released this product?

05 X

Reaction score
.... I recommend to anyone that is going to replace spring have a professional do it, ...

Does anyone know if Toyota Service Department will install these springs? Seems like they may since they do TRD aftermarket parts designed for the X-Runner.
- Tom

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Toyota Service Department will install these springs? Seems like they may since they do TRD aftermarket parts designed for the X-Runner.
- Tom

They won't. They will install TRD stuff because they sell it. And if they did, you would be charged up the azz for it. :thumpdown:

X'ED

Reaction score
to you guys that have this kit did you have any camber and stuff problems? i dont want to buy and put it and and a month or two down the road have to put tires , camber kit and all the crap on it.

Shanes56

Reaction score
Well as of right now, there are only about three of us that have this kit and no problems to speak of yet. I have had mine on for about 2 months and not issues, the guy who did my alignment said there was no problem and it currently sits at stock specs.

X'ED

Reaction score
intresting...mmm. i was just wondering, i had a prelude and lowered it almost 3" and and had to do the camber kit and all that good stuff, my x is the first truck ive owned and didnt know how the camber and stuff would be affected by lowering it with this kit. this is just a stright remove and replace kit right?

Shanes56

Reaction score
It is a replacement coil. 3" on any vehicle is going to require alot more than just replacing the springs if you dont want to eat through tires. this is a very mild drop, only 1.75" but it does look good.

intresting...mmm. i was just wondering, i had a prelude and lowered it almost 3" and and had to do the camber kit and all that good stuff, my x is the first truck ive owned and didnt know how the camber and stuff would be affected by lowering it with this kit. this is just a stright remove and replace kit right?

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
- Tom
It depends. Toyo installed my SOS kit.

05 X

Reaction score
It depends. Toyo installed my SOS kit.

How many hours labor did they charge? Today I got a price at the dealer for the Sittin Sic of 4 hours labor for the front and 2 hours more for the rear (but I plan to do the rear myself).

utixrunner

Reaction score
How many hours labor did they charge? Today I got a price at the dealer for the Sittin Sic of 4 hours labor for the front and 2 hours more for the rear (but I plan to do the rear myself).

I have no idea how long the front would take, but the rear should take all of 15-20 minutes. You should definatly do that yourself:top:

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
Toyo quoted me a few days ago 1.5 a coil. So 3.0 hrs. + alignment. It was a little over $350 for the front. 2 hours for the rear is a rip. 1.0 max for the rear sounds about right. Toyota charged me $125 for the SOS kit front and rear.

DJmckay

Reaction score
nice

nice i like :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

i_ski

Reaction score
Toyo quoted me a few days ago 1.5 a coil. So 3.0 hrs. + alignment. It was a little over $350 for the front. 2 hours for the rear is a rip. 1.0 max for the rear sounds about right. Toyota charged me $125 for the SOS kit front and rear.

I would think it would take even less time to do just the coils than the SOS since the step should be the same except you don't have to change the perches.

Shanes56

Reaction score
about an 1hr a coil if they know what they are doing. 3 hrs total if you have them align it and drop the rear. 3 1/2 at the most. if not take it to aamco or some place like that.

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
about an 1hr a coil if they know what they are doing. 3 hrs total if you have them align it and drop the rear. 3 1/2 at the most. if not take it to aamco or some place like that.
Shane, I called 2 Toyo dealers and they told me just a tad bit shy of 1.5 EACH side. Then I called a City Garage and they told me the same.

Top Bottom