Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sleeving the engine block

Bluessxr

Banned
Reaction score
I will probably do this. Last time I talked to Darton they did not make a kit. Talked with a shop that does this and it was around $3700 since there is no kit available. Once a kit is made I would expect the price to drop to around $2800-3000.

Gadget

Reaction score
They are dragging their assses.

I stopped by their shop last Friday and visited with them and my engine block.

Anyway, they are waiting for the new cylinder blanks to arrive from their foundry and once they get them they can start machining the blanks to fit my block.

I am hoping they press this forward soon. I am getting board with it....

G

X-roller

Reaction score
You can't get bored with sleeving a block..... CLOSED DECK FTW!!!!!!! You are going to increase the potential of this motor to great boundaries.... :biggrin:

Gadget

Reaction score
Ya, I am going to TRIPLE Charge it!!

G

X-roller

Reaction score
Ya, I am going to TRIPLE Charge it!!

G

soara-ae86-2jz-gzte-exhaust-433x325.jpg

soara-ae86-2jz-gzte-433x325.jpg

I would stick with the twin..... :laugh:.......... The triple might over due ya.....

Gadget

Reaction score
It is not as hard as you think.

The hard part is to prevent the most inefficient part of the system from bringing the whole system down.

So, to do that you can use a magnetic clutch to disengage the Modified Roots type compressor and a flapper valve to bypass it from the system once the turbos spool.

I helped a little on a project like that in Cali. It was on a BMW show car. It turned out great and has nitrous to boot. It is a real work of art. I will see if I can find a picture of it. It is really something.

G

Found it!!!

TripleChargedjpg.jpg

G

Last edited:

Super Werty

Reaction score
So, to do that you can use a magnetic clutch to disengage the Modified Roots type compressor and a flapper valve to bypass it from the system once the turbos spool.

G

Thats a really good idea! Do you think APR is going to try something similar with the "compound" turbo set up they are working on?

darthyota

Reaction score
It is not as hard as you think.

The hard part is to prevent the most inefficient part of the system from bringing the whole system down.

I helped a little on a project like that in Cali. It was on a BMW show car. It turned out great and has nitrous to boot. It is a real work of art. I will see if I can find a picture of it. It is really something.

G

Found it!!!

TripleChargedjpg.jpg

G
thats just a little bit redonkculous

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
How much boost is that BMW running? I'm guessing thats a N54 I6? I would love to see how it delivers power.

Gadget

Reaction score
Thats a really good idea! Do you think APR is going to try something similar with the "compound" turbo set up they are working on?

I don't know anything about that system. Can't wait to see it!!

G

Gadget

Reaction score
Nope.

They are certainly trying to drag this out for ever.

I did get an update last week that the sleeve blanks have finally been made and delivered. They now have to machine them to fit the block.

G

Super Werty

Reaction score
wow, I would have given up on that by now. Im not sure that wait is worth it

Top Bottom