Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sleeving the engine block

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Woot Woot. We will see what the future holds. ;)

cowboy bebop

Reaction score
LC Engineering has a better price for pistons than TTC as well as a higher quality piston. Plus they can square away the lower end and make sure all rotating parts are balanced, cheaper.

That Gadget is and awesome price! Well worth it for that cost. Glad I still have a spare block. Woot!

I didn't want to drop in here, but I saw my name mentioned. We can get any piston you want, from run of the mill JE to super lightweight billet pistons. Just have to spec it out. I can put together a package for anyone that will meet their needs at a killer price. The short story is that I'm not going to be the cheapest on everything, but I'm always gogin to pick up the phone, and shoot you straight. Plus you'll get your engine back in a reasonable time given there's nothing exotic going on with it. Not that it's a mystery, but here's one of our two 4.3L 1grfe blocks we're wrapping up now. I'm doing my best for the customer, and paying the price as usual.

cowboy bebop

Reaction score
Yeah, that's not something that we're going to do, and for good reason :) There are different schools of thought on it. No one way is wrong, they can both take whatever you're going to give them.

Thanks!

Eric

Last edited:

Gadget

Reaction score
No updates.

Engine is still at APR.

Ketchup might be the hold up now. He owes me a used engine so APR can use the parts to put mine together.

Come on Ketchup!!!!

G

KETCHUP

Reaction score
Gotcha G. Pulling my motor this weekend., ill have those requested parts in. The mail on Monday. Hope to have all three engines at apr in the next few weeks. Just bee n bust and have little help due to peoples schedule. I can't wait to. See ur beast together and I hate holding people up.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
This is the longest build thread ever. Seriously. Lol.

I know I want them though.

Last edited:

hiflyer

Reaction score
Bah - you're over your X-runner and into your 4runner now

Send it up north ;)

Gadget

Reaction score
No, I have no updates.

My engine is still at APR and I am just waiting for him to tell me it is ready. How long should I continue to wait??

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Last I saw in the pics from the Ketchup 4.0 thread, it looked like a bare block. If that was your motor.

I don't really know how long you should wait. You are a patient man though. More than most. Cannot install that -91 with a bare block though. ;)

Undecided as of yet, whether I will be shipping mine to Darton MD next week, or the week after, though. Might have a little build race. Lol. Unless yours starts getting built. o_O

Gadget

Reaction score
Looks like you are going to beat me with yet ANOTHER built engine while I just sit and wait and wait and wait....

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
:crinklehair:

Going to see if they can add some more goodies to it this time around as well. ;). Shhh.....

Top Bottom