Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SoCal PCH Cruise Feeler

picaCulo

Reaction score
I've never gone out to a meet before this one sounds like fun anyone rolling out from palmdale or san fernando area ?

brownbrown

Reaction score
I Got my Trip to the last Meet "Vetoed" By the Vice president of the house. Let's see if I can get this bill passed.

Grumpy

Reaction score
Nice weather today so I ran the route for quick recon. Center line is now grooved so cutting in will yield annoying sound.

It also remind me of how taxing it is on the brake descending on Piuma. Normally, I take that road on the way back from the beach, ascending is more fun with torque our truck have. Still fun though....just have to watch your brake input and use engine brake a bit.

Has anyone ever take Mulholland Hwy all the way through from Calabasas? This route will have more canyon time and drop you on PCH closer to Neptune Net. Also, this will contain the section where Tanner Foust took his Formula Drift Scion tC on Mulholland Hwy.

Any thought/input on new driving route?

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
I'm in for what ever road has the most twisties, I'm always down for some grip driving..by then I will have hawk race Pads up front and brake fade will be all but gone... :)

I did a mountain run out on lyons valley road out east of sd...very fast set of corners, typically gripping around 60-70mph, many stops from triple digits down to 50ish...that was on stock rotora pads...only near the end of the run (10min of very hard driving) did the brakes start to dangerously taper off...

How about we do the uphill run on what ever road is closer, to help save us on gas...:)

Grumpy

Reaction score
Gonna find sometime and run the Mullholand Hwy route this weekend. Probably will need to replace my rotors and bleed the brake before the cruise. :laugh:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Date is allready set April.

Grumpy, sounds like a plan. Make sure you seat the new pads and at least get rotors resurfaced, if not new.

picaCulo

Reaction score
so where is everyone meeting up for this cruise ? and is anyone going from the san fernando valley?

xrunish

Reaction score
if i can make it il br driving from temecula straight there, idk about caravaning it since thats what were going to be doing anyways... itll make the roll out better

xtoplinex

Reaction score
I just cleaned my truck.. hope it stays clean till the meet. :p

Grumpy

Reaction score
Ran the full Mulholland Hwy yesterday....should've done this a long time ago. :laugh:
A bit slow to start so we'll mix in Topanga Cyn & Old Topanga Cyn.

We'll be on this section as well.
[youtube]DHtwUr-IkHM[/youtube]

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
Keep in mind that section is where the rock store is. There will be alot of motorcyles out and CHP patrol it. No need to push it. Its called the snake, tight 2nd gear turns. Latigo and Decker canyon are super tight also. You need to be mindfull not to blow the double yellow.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Ran the full Mulholland Hwy yesterday....should've done this a long time ago. :laugh:
A bit slow to start so we'll mix in Topanga Cyn & Old Topanga Cyn.

We'll be on this section as well.
[youtube]DHtwUr-IkHM[/youtube]

dat sweeper....:biggrin: Must...not...bring...drift....tires....:laugh:

gsxrdoug

Reaction score
Is this still on? Will be riding much higher than you greater ones. But family comes first.

J_Strada can u update the front page to show date and time and place we are meeting, I think date is solid with the 8th and probably around 8 am some where?

Doug

Last edited:

xtoplinex

Reaction score
I won't be able to go on the 8th guys.. I have a really big easter picnic with the family, plus it's my girlfriens dads birthday. :(

xtoplinex

Reaction score
possibly change the date? maybe? I didnt realize it was going to land on Easter.

Top Bottom