Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Spec U Headers Installed...need more power

x-runner kid

Reaction score
I mainly just want to get my o2 reading from more than one cylinder per side. Figured it wouldn't change exhaust sound. Just wonder why me moving the one oxygen sensor changed the sound as much as it did. It did quiet down after I drove 200 miles on Sunday though.

jimx

Reaction score
On mine it only buzz when I have a muffler on. try taking the muffler off. I took off the muffler and put my pipe back on and noise is gone.

x-runner kid

Reaction score
I would think it would be way too loud. I'm wondering if maybe it has to do with the direction the muffler is out on even though G said it's not directional.

x-runner kid

Reaction score
Hmm how does it sound? Do you still have the small muffler?

jimx

Reaction score
forgot, I still do. it sounds very scary and enough to wake up all the ricers

jimx

Reaction score
People can hear u from a mile away. I love it when a ricer revs next to me. I make them crap in there pants

jimx

Reaction score
not deep. I get alot of compliments some say it sounds like a race car

jimx

Reaction score
ill try to get a short video one my way to church sunday

Tom2769

Reaction score
Keep us updated with how it all goes. The only place that could possibly have a leak on mine is after the muffler everything else has been sealed completely. I use exhaust sealant on every connection then clamp it down so it sealed and the sealant I use requires 4hrs of dry time unless baked on so I let the truck idle for 10mins then let it sit for a hour then do that cycle once more and it's good to go.

X-runner kid, check this out, I think I may be making headway on this Spec-U buzzing/vibration. My spec-u is making the same sounds yours is, here's a video of my noise (break out the headphones or turn the volume way up, you'll hear the fart-can sound under acceleration):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hd1pHWMB70

I fixed the leaks at my header-to-y pipe joints and the V-band, and it made no difference to the rattling sound. But when I was under the truck I started striking the exhaust in various spots and heard a vibration that I narrowed down to the Magnaflow muffler that came with the spec-u exhaust. I used a stethescope to narrow it down and can hear the buzzing the loudest when I put the stethescope on the end caps of the Magnaflow. Almost sounds like something inside the Magnaflow is loose and rattling/buzzing. Here are a few vids of the noise from under the truck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0_OaVngN88

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Da_qC0pLKo

Have you checked this on yours or gotten any other resolution? I love the power of the spec-u, but hate the ricer honda fart-can buzzing...

x-runner kid

Reaction score
Very interesting. I haven't got my sound narrowed down yet either. I am going to try a few things this weekend as well and see what I can find out. I'm curious to know if it is coming from the muffler itself now. It's loud and makes exactly the same buzzing sound that yours makes. I love the power that the spec-u full system makes and I love the tone but the buzzing sound has me frustrated beyond belief. Please keep us updated.

Tom2769

Reaction score
Agreed, this exhaust is great, but that buzzing noise just kills the joy of putting your foot in the accelerator - I've started driving like an old man just to avoid it. I've got an email out to Gadget - waiting on a response. I'll keep you updated...

x-runner kid

Reaction score
Yes please keep me updated. I have been driving the same way which is good for gas mileage and bad for my soul lol.

Top Bottom