Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Supercharge me

trd_sport

Reaction score
I've got an auto also.
I'm about to be the guinea pig, so you'll know hopefully later today if it works or not.
I think I can start on step 7 with the removal of the fan and shroud. This would cut back on the amount of work I would have to redo if it doesnt workout. The first steps are changing the injectors and plugs, I just need to make sure if I go back and do that.

Jonathan

Reaction score
Getting it off shouldn't be a problem for the impact gun because that's all they say to use in the instructions. I guess I should start looking for something so I can get mine installed right away.

fyi, my 400 ft lbs craftsman impact @ 110psi wouldnt budge the bolt....even heated it red hot with a torch and tried, no bueno. doesnt mean yours wont work, just telling you what happened to me.....

RossK35

Reaction score
On the new pulley are the 2 holes threaded? If they are I was think you could put a bolt through each one and somehow hold it while tightening it.

LC_XR

Reaction score
I've been a tech for about two and a half years and have put every crank pulley bolt on with my impact and have never had a problem with the crank braking or with anything coming loose. I have the 1,000ft/lb ingersol rand titanium impact and have only had problems getting the 2jz crank pulleys off. As for the two holes in the front of the crank pulley thows are for putting a pulley remover on to get the pulley to come off the engine. i recommend taking the bolt off with an impact and putting it back on with an impact.

trd_sport

Reaction score
You busy tomorrow? If I know I can get it off and back on with no problem...I'll start. I've been told 2 different things about taking this bolt off on an auto. Using that impact makes it sound easy.

LC_XR

Reaction score
I have to work from 7 to 5 tomorrow and i'm supposed to go to the gun range with a friend, tomorrow is the one day this week that i have made plans any other day this week i'm free sorry man.

Celiblue

Reaction score
DAMN you really got a S/C! Haha that's tight bro and yeah you should be able to take the bolt off using an impact gun. I got one if you need one

trd_sport

Reaction score
I have to work from 7 to 5 tomorrow and i'm supposed to go to the gun range with a friend, tomorrow is the one day this week that i have made plans any other day this week i'm free sorry man.
Wednesday:dontknow:
DAMN you really got a S/C! Haha that's tight bro and yeah you should be able to take the bolt off using an impact gun. I got one if you need one
:top: I've been looking for a reason to go get a compressor and some air tools. LC_XR seems pretty confident an impact is all I need. Grumpy has a 650ft/lb. Obviously anyone is welcome to come by and give us a hand:top:

Grumpy

Reaction score
:top: I've been looking for a reason to go get a compressor and some air tools. LC_XR seems pretty confident an impact is all I need. Grumpy has a 650ft/lb. Obviously anyone is welcome to come by and give us a hand:top:

Just recheck the impact gun, its only 590 ft/lb. Its the Ingersoll Rand 231HA. If that doesn't work, I'll just overboost it with 150 psi (90 psi standard).:rock:

RossK35

Reaction score
Oh and another question for you jon how much coolant does the radiator for the s/c hold? Gonna go buy some just wanna know how much I should get.

LC_XR

Reaction score
I am good for wednesday. I can try to get out of work early and swing by. I will bring plenty of tools that i think we might need. If you could just shoot me a text or phone call with directions or an address to meet you at. I will try to bring a friend of mine that is also a tech, and had a S-Runner with a s/c.

Jonathan

Reaction score
Oh and another question for you jon how much coolant does the radiator for the s/c hold? Gonna go buy some just wanna know how much I should get.

i think i used just over a container......... (i think those are a few liters?) for both the intercooler, and the radiator fluid i spilled........

trd_sport

Reaction score
I am good for wednesday. I can try to get out of work early and swing by. I will bring plenty of tools that i think we might need. If you could just shoot me a text or phone call with directions or an address to meet you at. I will try to bring a friend of mine that is also a tech, and had a S-Runner with a s/c.
Oh man I just now saw this....I may have beat you to it bro:biggrin: With me having to doing this during the week I thought it would be best to not have anyone go out of their way after they get off work. I appreciate the offer and advice...if you ever need help with anything I'm more than willing:top:

Thread will be updated soon:biggrin:

LC_XR

Reaction score
Hey man anytime, you got my number so anytime you got any technical questions or need help with anything give me a ring. I will probably be needing your help shortly, i will be getting my MAF calibrater soon and will need some help with tuning.

trd_sport

Reaction score
Hey man anytime, you got my number so anytime you got any technical questions or need help with anything give me a ring. I will probably be needing your help shortly, i will be getting my MAF calibrater soon and will need some help with tuning.
:top: sure thing

Ok Gentlemen I'm officially blown:rock: :rock: The pull on this thing is unbelievable. Rossk all you'll need is an impact, but if you want to get it to torque specs you'll need a way to hold the pulley.:dontknow:
I'll post some pics later tonight...for now I'm going driving:driver:
I've got to give Glen and Totally Twisted Creations some more props for the great deal...I'd order from him again in a heartbeat:top:

Xample

Reaction score
congrats! and yes glen is a sweet dude! i order crap from him to often:biggrin:
im his #1 jersey customer

Top Bottom