Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Supercharged........KIA???

Clokwrk

Reaction score
Why lord, why?

If he spent 7k on that thing like it says in those pictures I wouldn't be surprised if he hung himself already. What a donkey!

08x

Reaction score
7k on a kia y thats is gotta be the biggest waste of money ever should have just bought a little old civic and put 7k in it and would be faster or even a rav 4 v6 would be better but its a kia and it will blow up really soon

DJmckay

Reaction score
first thought is why is he driving a KIA :thumpdown:

Murderface

Reaction score
i knew it would take someone from PA to stick up for this loser:biggrin:

AdAM

Reaction score
lol my buddies got a kia sportage and its great for going up to the mountains, 4wd cheap on gas with the roof rack ontop it seats 4 people and all there luggage quite comfortly. but i would have to slap him for dropping 7k into a 4grand kia, that wont even beat a stock civic and cant take a corner without tipping over:top: thats my 0.02

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
if i wanted a mediocre ugly suv type thing...i would buy a crv :rolleyes: atleast the one we had...had vtec...ivtec at that :rofl:

eXuser01

Reaction score
i knew it would take someone from PA to stick up for this loser:biggrin:

dont get me started on the "garden state" :laugh:

he probably originally from jersey... its something in the water :eviltongue::laugh::laugh:

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
My dad has a kia sorento and believe it or not they have some gitty up ...Now its not enough to take out an X-Runner but it could definetly keep up

BlackCat

Reaction score
Yeah, the Sorrento and the Sportage are two completely different vehicles and have two completely different engines. The Sorrento has the Hyundai corporate 3.8 V6, the same engine in their Azera sedan and the base engine in the Genesis. It's actually a pretty good engine. The sportage, however, has the corproate 2.7 V6 which is an older engine design. The Sportage/Tucson, Tiburon and the Kia Optima are the only vehicles still using that engine. The Tiburon dies in 2009 and I doubt they'll keep that engine into the next generation of others.

Super Werty

Reaction score
I went on a snowboard trip in 05 to santa fe with some friends. We ended up renting a santa fe in santa fe and the funny thing was highway driving with that thing. The engine was at like 4000rpm (no joke) the entire time just to move 4 people around at 75mph:laugh:

Im amazed it survived the weekend

rich017

Reaction score
I went on a snowboard trip in 05 to santa fe with some friends. We ended up renting a santa fe in santa fe and the funny thing was highway driving with that thing. The engine was at like 4000rpm (no joke) the entire time just to move 4 people around at 75mph

I'mamazed it survived the weekend

my friends sorento was like that too. It whould hold very high revs but was perfect for when we were driving in the mountains. But it did do some very nice donuts in some grass.

IMO it was a pretty solid vehicle. The interior felt solid like a German car and it didn't rattle at all

31bravo

Reaction score
i know this thread is dead.

but

I'm the owner of this KIA thats in this thread. I'll be 100% honest it was a waist of money but I got so many sponsors (eibach, Kia, ultraracing, magnaflow, hankook) that I kept building it. As of right now its sitting collecting dust since i blew the motor then a roof feel on it. I had to many problems getting the LTFT and STFT correct, this car did run a 14.8 about 14 months ago running really rich @6 psi. The blower is no longer on the car and has been sold and should be running again in about a month. It will be nearly stock performance wise but it going to have a few new toys like new headrest TVs (11.2 inches) new rims and tires and coilovers. things have changed in my life and I need a family vehicle. I know some of you have bashed this car and thats fine but just keep in mind that people used to bash people for building toyotas as well (and ive owned a few toyotas).

Helimx

"Dutch Rudder Master"
Reaction score
i know this thread is dead.

but

I'm the owner of this KIA thats in this thread. I'll be 100% honest it was a waist of money but I got so many sponsors (eibach, Kia, ultraracing, magnaflow, hankook) that I kept building it. As of right now its sitting collecting dust since i blew the motor then a roof feel on it. I had to many problems getting the LTFT and STFT correct, this car did run a 14.8 about 14 months ago running really rich @6 psi. The blower is no longer on the car and has been sold and should be running again in about a month. It will be nearly stock performance wise but it going to have a few new toys like new headrest TVs (11.2 inches) new rims and tires and coilovers. things have changed in my life and I need a family vehicle. I know some of you have bashed this car and thats fine but just keep in mind that people used to bash people for building toyotas as well (and ive owned a few toyotas).

and you're still on a TOYOTA enthusiasts forum..... braggin about a 14.8 on a car with boost, and that many mods, is not gonna earn you any rep here... KIA= failsauce as far as I'm concerned.... but welcome to xru, maybe you'll smarten up after looking around a bit and get a real vehicle. :biggrin:

BlackCat

Reaction score
and you're still on a TOYOTA enthusiasts forum..... braggin about a 14.8 on a car with boost, and that many mods, is not gonna earn you any rep here... KIA= failsauce as far as I'm concerned.... but welcome to xru, maybe you'll smarten up after looking around a bit and get a real vehicle. :biggrin:

Uh ... yeah, way to go on being welcoming ... :thumpdown:

The older Kia's weren't a whole lot to brag about. But, as with their new corporate parent Hyundai, there has been a major turnaround as of late. The original Sportage, however crude and unrefined, was actually a championship vehicle in several desert races. The previous gen Sportage (which came afterwards and was based on the previous gen Hyundai Tucson) was an improvement, but still fell a bit short. And, as with many other vehicles in its class, it was underpowered and an overall under-performer (at least for those of us into the performance market). The new Tucson (and the new Sportage it will spawn next year) are vastly improved and the Tucson earned positive reviews among the publications that tested it. Still under-performers (only 176hp in a 3200lb CUV), but then the compact CUV market isn't really geared in that direction. They are grocery-getters, through and through. Fine for what they're meant for.

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
Either way, welcome to XRU man! GENERALLY speaking we support a non-hostile non-bashing environment for X-Runner (and other) enthusiasts.. though there are a few... 'outspoken' members amongst us. :p

You put a lot of work into that automobile and even though it isn't my taste I respect that. Stick around a while if you'd like. :top:

Ryan

Helimx

"Dutch Rudder Master"
Reaction score
Uh ... yeah, way to go on being welcoming ... :thumpdown:

The older Kia's weren't a whole lot to brag about. But, as with their new corporate parent Hyundai, there has been a major turnaround as of late. The original Sportage, however crude and unrefined, was actually a championship vehicle in several desert races. The previous gen Sportage (which came afterwards and was based on the previous gen Hyundai Tucson) was an improvement, but still fell a bit short. And, as with many other vehicles in its class, it was underpowered and an overall under-performer (at least for those of us into the performance market). The new Tucson (and the new Sportage it will spawn next year) are vastly improved and the Tucson earned positive reviews among the publications that tested it. Still under-performers (only 176hp in a 3200lb CUV), but then the compact CUV market isn't really geared in that direction. They are grocery-getters, through and through. Fine for what they're meant for.

just giving my opinion.... and uh... the way you posted about the hyundai, right there^^^, you're not exactly giving them too much credit either.... :eviltongue:

not to mention..... go re-read this thread... what I said was mild compared to many.....

Last edited:

BlackCat

Reaction score
... I'm just simply saying that CUV's are are fine for what they're meant for ...

... and also noting that Kia deserves a little more respect. Correct, they're not a performance brand, but with their recent product releases, a little more credit would help ...

... Oh, and yeah, and try and be a wee bit more welcoming in the future ...

On with your regularly scheduled programming :top:

Helimx

"Dutch Rudder Master"
Reaction score
... I'm just simply saying that CUV's are are fine for what they're meant for ...

... and also noting that Kia deserves a little more respect. Correct, they're not a performance brand, but with their recent product releases, a little more credit would help ...

... Oh, and yeah, and try and be a wee bit more welcoming in the future ...

On with your regularly scheduled programming :top:

thanks for the lecture dad.....

Top Bottom