Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

take off vibrations

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
i am having a lot of vibration on take off, i just changed out my diff fluid saturday and i recently had my tranny flushed however thats been at least 2-3 weeks ago... i used royal purple 75w 90 in the diff took about 2.5 quarts. vibration startedsunday morning they are very distinct and im wondering if i messed up :frown:

turbomach1

Reaction score
Just changed my diff this sat. It held almost 4Q of oil. Also used 75w90, but not purple.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Check your diff fluid level, and check your carrier bearing. Keep us posted.

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
took about another 1/2 quart so hopefully it will stop. gonna check in about 30 mins to see if its still full

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
took the truck to the shop this morning and found out that it could be several thing from a U joint to a bad cyclinder... i will update later today hopefullyit will be fixed

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Cylinder as in engine cylinder?

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Thats very very very odd (the cylinder diagnosis). You didn't have this vibration before you change the fluid did you?

Last edited:

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
nope it was the morning after when is started... idk what it is but hopefully nothing to bad im not ready to dump another 5G's in it but if i do, im gonna do something cool not another n/a 1gr but we will see

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds much more like a case of diff oil without the correct additives for limited slip diffs.

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
well just got back and im told i have axle wrap:dontknow: pretty sure i got a set of $700 leaf springs to prevent that but whatever i honestly dont know why that would start 2 monthss later but i guess ill go with it. thanks everyone for your help.

i used royal purple LSD 75w 90 and from what i understand i didnt need any additional additives

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Alright. It seems that the people that diagnosed the issue aren't narrowing the problem down properly.

If the issue started directly following the fluid change, then that is the issue. If there are no clunking noises, then the gears are good.

Does the vibration happen at slow speed while turning, or going straight from a stop?

Also, some auto parts stores carry an LSD additive. You can try adding a little more if you like.

I would also double check your u-bolts and make sure they are tight.

Do you off-road a lot? I had a rear shock go bad from lots of off road use. Caused it to stick sporatically. Which inturn created a vibration.

Last edited:

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
no actual noise just a few light jerks from a stop then a light vibration here and there when moving slow. i was thinking about the U-bolts im actually going to go do that now and maybe ill pick up some LSD additive. i never offroad with the exception of an occasional gravel road.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Makes me wonder if you tire treads are causing the issue? A little burn out would make them nice and round again.. :D

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
haha i wish i could... 33's are quite the challenge for the little v6 toturn over lol... what about rotating them?

STONER-X

Reaction score
Yes you could rotate them... but if the tires are the problem then when rotated the vibration should move to the front.... if it does then you will know what the problem is...

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
auto... my dad says a flush destroys the gears in a transmission so i suppose time will tell

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
How many miles do you have on the truck, and which brand fluid did you use in the fill?

Also, try manually shifting the gears.

Last edited:
Top Bottom